adding more then one hifi component to Sonos Amp.

• 30 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos amp that I am enjoying with my hifi speakers But I’m some what disappointed with the lack of multi inputs.  I really want to connect cd, tape & phono.  Its been eating at me I just want to have it all there so I can use the other sonos speakers I get the urge to play vintage.  Could I use a multi input pre amp to the Sonos Amp? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You just need a 3-to-1, or bi-directional RCA audio switch, but if the Turntable has no built in pre-amp you need to add that into the mix too, between the TT and the switch. You’ll find such switches on Amazon, or similar online outlets.

You just need a 3-to-1, or bi-directional RCA audio switch, but if the Turntable has no built in pre-amp you need to add that into the mix too, between the TT and the switch. You’ll find such switches on Amazon, or similar online outlets.

Yeah turntable doesn't have inbuilt pre-amp so thats why I started to think something with more inputs as well as phono, all in one thing may work.   A little easier on the eyes.  I was hoping for some recommendations maybe someone has already set it up.  when you consider the volume of integrated amp’s out there surely I can’t be the only one thinking this? or am I?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Many options

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_452PRE1/OSD-Pre-1.html

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_440C15722B/Rotel-RC-1572-MKII-Black.html

Yeah turntable doesn't have inbuilt pre-amp so thats why I started to think something with more inputs as well as phono, all in one thing may work.   A little easier on the eyes.  I was hoping for some recommendations maybe someone has already set it up.  when you consider the volume of integrated amp’s out there surely I can’t be the only one thinking this? or am I?

I guess rather than the Sonos Amp, you need a combined 3rd-Party Amp/CD/Tape Player with Phono inputs for your TT, into a Sonos Port instead, or stick to the ‘switch’ suggestion and get a TT with built in pre-amp into the Sonos Amp instead.

I’m not sure that the mentioned solution you’re looking for exists🤔. At least I’ve not seen an RCA multi-switch, which has a built in pre-amp for just one of it’s inputs.

Ah it seems @Stanley_4 has found an answer here, with the ‘OSD Pre-1’ - it’s not a product I’m personally familiar with… but hope that solves your issue @scronos.

The OSD looks like a good option but I’m in Oz so would need a step down Transformer.  

Wonder how the Rotel would go?  Like Ken suggested my need to ditch the Sonos Amp?

thanks for suggestions so far.