Skip to main content
Question

Adding Boost

• 12 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Greetings. I have several Sonos devices (Beam, Sub, several Ones, all connected in S2 app. I’ve had constant issues with devices cutting in and out, often severely, to the point that I’m considering taking them all out permanently and investing in something else. Most are wall mounted and some ones hard wired so not a simple task. My house is 95 years old with thick plaster walls, because of that I have 4 Asus routers all hard wired together (via Cat6 that runs in the basement and up to the routers) and using AIMesh which provides great coverage in my 1600sq house. Sonos “shouldn’t” have issues, but they do.

In a final step, I purchased 2 Boosts off of eBay. Hard reset both. S2 app will not detect them unless they’re plugged into my router. When plugged in, S2 app detects and then says that I need to unplug them from the router to setup and then reconnect them later - click “done” is the only option. So I unplug from router, click “done” and back to the app. It doesn’t do anything to add them and I just get stuck in this loop.  I reset ALL of my devices. Added my Beam first - Beam is directly connected to my router - and tried then to do the Boost - but same results as previous. I continued to add all the rest of my devices on the Beam Sonos network - a lengthy task and back essentially where I was before spending several hours trying to get the boosts to connect. I have rebooted all my routers, fully reset all devices. 

I downloaded the S1 app and it is able to detect and add the Boosts but no way to migrate them to S2. The S1 app will see my S2 devices, say they are upgradeable, and then force me to click a button that takes me to S2 app, and here I am. In sonos purgatory. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Similar boat. 1930s home with half plaster walls. Boost not getting detected or added right. Bump.