Skip to main content

Added verizon extender loss all my speakers

• 8 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Had an existing sonos system for many years with multiple speakers no issues I was using the Sonos beta app and the Sonos 2 app … I have verizon coverage for internet. router is CR1000A I was using a orbi system with this no problem for a number of years….. 

started have issues with internet speed and coverage etc…. and verizon said I need to remove my orbi and install their extender which came with the pian I have anyway so I did it…. the ext is  E3200 

I LOST MY WHOLE SONOS SYSTEM I CAN’T GET IT BACK EXCEPT FOR THE MOVE SPEAKER and I’VE TRIED ALOT OF THINGS I READ ON THE SUPPORT PAGES 

EVERY TIME I CALL THE HELP LINE ITS A 80 MIN WAIT

I WAITED I DAY FOR 1 HOUR AND 45 MINS ONLY TO BE TOLD BECAUSE I WAS USING THE BETA APP THE GIRL COULDN’T HELP ME

AT THIS POINT I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO

DO I NEED NEW SPEAKERS BECAUSE OF COMPATIBILITY 

I REALLY NEED HELP FROM A HIGH END PERSON SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE

I THING IT MAY BE SOMETHING WITH THE FACT THAT THE WAY THIS ROUTER AND EXTENDER WORKS IT THE NEWEST WIFI NETWORK TECH AND IT IS S.O.N SELF ORGANIZING NETWORKING ETC.

ANY THOUGHTS

1 move

1 beam

2 play 3

1 play 1 with Alexa orginal

play 5 newest one

1 original playbar

1 original sub

2 play1 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

So wait

the orbi was good and hen it went slow and coverage diminished

ad verizon said you needed their thing!

why didnt you call orbi ?

anyway.  Dis this coincide with the app update?

If you look around the Internet, there are some ‘fires’ burning around the CR1000A. I make a point of rebooting mine about once a month. This reduces the ‘fire’ intensity.

As an experiment, don’t wire more than one SONOS unit to the network.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Had an existing sonos system for many years with multiple speakers no issues I was using the Sonos beta app and the Sonos 2 app … I have verizon coverage for internet. router is CR1000A I was using a orbi system with this no problem for a number of years….. 

started have issues with internet speed and coverage etc…. and verizon said I need to remove my orbi and install their extender which came with the pian I have anyway so I did it…. the ext is  E3200 

I LOST MY WHOLE SONOS SYSTEM I CAN’T GET IT BACK EXCEPT FOR THE MOVE SPEAKER and I’VE TRIED ALOT OF THINGS I READ ON THE SUPPORT PAGES 

EVERY TIME I CALL THE HELP LINE ITS A 80 MIN WAIT

I WAITED I DAY FOR 1 HOUR AND 45 MINS ONLY TO BE TOLD BECAUSE I WAS USING THE BETA APP THE GIRL COULDN’T HELP ME

AT THIS POINT I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO

DO I NEED NEW SPEAKERS BECAUSE OF COMPATIBILITY 

I REALLY NEED HELP FROM A HIGH END PERSON SOMEONE WHO REALLY KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE

I THING IT MAY BE SOMETHING WITH THE FACT THAT THE WAY THIS ROUTER AND EXTENDER WORKS IT THE NEWEST WIFI NETWORK TECH AND IT IS S.O.N SELF ORGANIZING NETWORKING ETC.

ANY THOUGHTS

1 move

1 beam

2 play 3

1 play 1 with Alexa orginal

play 5 newest one

1 original playbar

1 original sub

2 play1 

Try hardwiring your Playbar to your router. NOT to the extender. Also do not wire the sub or surrounds. A main speaker will be the best option.