Answered

2 systems 2 different countries

• 9 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi - I have an existing system set up at home but am on a long term project overseas and am trying to add a new product using my existing account. The app is prompting me to update my existing products from the home network to the new overseas network. I don’t want to do this obviously as the family use the system at home. Does that mean I have to set up a new account entirely and cannot have 2 different systems in 2 countries on different networks controlled on the same account? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 9 December 2023, 15:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

One account can have two “households”. Just set up the new speaker as a new system.

Sadly I’m not getting that option on the S2 app. The device is found on the new network but doesn’t show up on my system. I am then prompted to add my existing products to the new network, which presumably means they will be removed from the existing network. Does that mean control will be lost at the household as the existing devices will be on the new overseas network? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sadly I’m not getting that option on the S2 app. The device is found on the new network but doesn’t show up on my system. I am then prompted to add my existing products to the new network, which presumably means they will be removed from the existing network. Does that mean control will be lost at the household as the existing devices will be on the new overseas network? 

Just Reset the app (I think its called Forget in the mobile apps).

You can use the same email, but the app will create a new Household in your new location.