Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low
Answered

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Amazon Echo / Dot and Sonos Integration
Answered

So with Sonos integrating Amazon Echo within their eco system a couple of questions: - If I install an Amazon Echo Dot in each room that I have Sonos speakers in will I be able to assign that particu...

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"

I just set up a Sonos One with Alexa and the sound is noticeably better than the Amazon Echo. On the Sonos One though, each and every time I call "Alexa" it plays some kind of acknowledgement tone....

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

Google Assistant Support
Answered

When does Sonos expect to have support for Google Assistant?

Napster with Alexa

Will Alexa be able to work with Napster

Playing Local Music Library on Sonos through Alexa
Answered

Will alexa skill be able to play from my music library?

Getting Ready for Sonos One

If you’re as excited about the new Sonos One as we are, you’ll want to make sure you’re ready to go the moment you pick it up on the 24th. Here’s everything you need to know to be all prepped for the...

I think I've made an expensive mistake.
Answered

Alexa - what a piece of junk. I'm serious. I ask it to play a group (Cream today) and it will either play one, or if I'm lucky two songs then stop. Or if it does move to a third song it plays rap. R...

Sonos, Alexa and local NAS stored music

I am impressed with the Alexa / Sonos release yesterday and am pleased to see that it will develop. I know two other people with SONOS systems, and we all play music from a local NAS. Is this possibl...

Sonos Alexa Integration India
Answered

I am form Mumbai, India. I have been using Sonos with Alexa integration till yesterday, until Amazon launched Alexa services in India. To get the local skills I had my Amazon marketplace for Alexa cha...

Amazon Dot and Play 5 line in going quiet when replying from Alexa

I have an Amazon Dot connected to my play5 using the line in option. Until today Alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine. I have now updated my speakers, but now I can hardly hear Alexa s...

Sonos One not playing Alexa output
Answered

I am using the Sonos One I received today. I’ve got everything set up properly I believe but here’s the issue I’m having... the music plays fine through sonos app and commands but any non sonos comman...

Amazon Echo Dot Coupon? Did you get one?
Answered

Did anyone get an Amazon Echo Dot coupon? My friend told me about it today, but I've had a sonos play 5 since 2012 but I didn't get a coupon.

UK voucher code for Echo dot
Question

Email received today with promotional offer on Echo dot for existing Sonos customers. However, this does not seem to be valid for customers in the UK. Is there another code to use? or is this offer...

Sleep Timer using Alexa - not working with Sonos One
Answered

Purchased a Sonos One to use with Amazon Alexa and have discovered that although I can listen to my favourite radio station, when I ask the Alexa to sleep after any number of minutes, and it acknowled...

Audible ?
Answered

I have just bought a Sonos One. The sound is great. The Alexa integration doesn't seem to work well. A lot of the skills just don't work. Audible is really important for me and I thought it would be p...

Sonos One problems
Question

My Sonos One arrived this morning, I've unplugged my Echo and setup the One in it's place ready for use. I've upgraded to 8.1 Problems.... - You cannot change the wake word from Alexa. - Music does...

Multiple Echo and Sonos - play everywhere not an option

I have 4 echos in my house grouped to the “everywhere” group through Alexa. I added my Sonos Play 1 and it works fine by itself with any simple alexa commands. However, I tried to add my Sonos speake...

Alexa in canada
Answered

When will Alexa be available in Canada?

Alexa in australia

I have a sonos one that I have been using with Alexa but now that the service is starting in Australia my account has been migrated and I have lost all my skills in order to get them back I need to se...

Alexa integration for SONOS
Answered

Does anyone know if/when Alexa will be supported by SONOS? I've seen a lot of conversations about a public trial in 2017 but nothing specific about dates and official release. Can anyone confirm if...

Alexa lowering volume

How do I stop Alexa turning down the volume in all the rooms rather than the one it is in? Listening in one room kids using Alexa in another volume up down up down up down.....,

Badges

• Badge
    Rncry earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    deadeye661 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ktnation15 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    KJames earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ml49 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings