Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

Amazon Echo / Dot and Sonos Integration
Answered

So with Sonos integrating Amazon Echo within their eco system a couple of questions: - If I install an Amazon Echo Dot in each room that I have Sonos speakers in will I be able to assign that particu...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low
Answered

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One
Question

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301 and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa dev...

Napster with Alexa

Will Alexa be able to work with Napster

Getting Ready for Sonos One

If you’re as excited about the new https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/introducing-the-new-sonos-one-6791304 as we are, you’ll want to make sure you’re ready to go the moment you pick it up on...

Playing Local Music Library on Sonos through Alexa
Answered

Will alexa skill be able to play from my music library?

Sonos, Alexa and local NAS stored music
Question

I am impressed with the Alexa / Sonos release yesterday and am pleased to see that it will develop. I know two other people with SONOS systems, and we all play music from a local NAS. Is this possibl...

Amazon Echo Dot Coupon? Did you get one?
Answered

Did anyone get an Amazon Echo Dot coupon? My friend told me about it today, but I've had a sonos play 5 since 2012 but I didn't get a coupon.

UK voucher code for Echo dot
Question

Email received today with promotional offer on Echo dot for existing Sonos customers. However, this does not seem to be valid for customers in the UK. Is there another code to use? or is this offer...

Amazon Dot and Play 5 line in going quiet when replying from Alexa
Answered

I have an Amazon Dot connected to my play5 using the line in option. Until today Alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine. I have now updated my speakers, but now I can hardly hear Alexa s...

Sonos One not playing Alexa output
Answered

I am using the Sonos One I received today. I’ve got everything set up properly I believe but here’s the issue I’m having... the music plays fine through sonos app and commands but any non sonos comman...

Sonos Alexa Integration India
Answered

I am form Mumbai, India. I have been using Sonos with Alexa integration till yesterday, until Amazon launched Alexa services in India. To get the local skills I had my Amazon marketplace for Alexa cha...

Sonos One problems
Question

My Sonos One arrived this morning, I've unplugged my Echo and setup the One in it's place ready for use. I've upgraded to 8.1 Problems.... - You cannot change the wake word from Alexa. - Music does...

Alexa integration for SONOS
Answered

Does anyone know if/when Alexa will be supported by SONOS? I've seen a lot of conversations about a public trial in 2017 but nothing specific about dates and official release. Can anyone confirm if...

Multiple Echo and Sonos - play everywhere not an option
Question

I have 4 echos in my house grouped to the “everywhere” group through Alexa. I added my Sonos Play 1 and it works fine by itself with any simple alexa commands. However, I tried to add my Sonos speake...

Petition to Add Local Library Playback to Alexa/Sonos Voice Control

Let's let Sonos know we would like this feature added. We've all spent years cultivating music we own, and we'd like to listen to it using the new voice control feature that Alexa has added. Thanks!

Please fix that ducking feature

So I was in the kitchen last night, I turn on the Play:5 using the Android controller. Now when in the living room when I tell my Echo Dot to turn on the lights the Play:5 goes quiet whilst Alexa is l...

Alexa and music services
Question

Ok — the news is still fresh and I havent even had time to try any of this. But reading the news blogs it appears the sonos/alexa integration currently works with Tunein and Amazon Prime / Unlimited...

Sonos One: Voice control for Sonos is not supported in your country, yet
Answered

Hi there Sonos community, This is probably a very early question to ask but I have been waiting to buy Sonos just for the Alexa integration. And now they are releasing the Sonos One YAY . BUT... wh...

Keeps hearing things that aren’t Alexa?
Question

Does anyone else have the issue of the sonos one keep beeping and hearing things that aren’t Alexa. I was watching tv last night and 6 times in one hour she muted the tv volume and beeped as if she he...

Joining the Sonos Echo/Alexa beta
Answered

How can I join this beta please?

Cannot use Alexa to play Spotify on Sonos at all
Question

We've got 4 x Sonos Play:1s dotted throughout the house - usually all grouped together. We bought a couple of the Echo Dots under the recent offer, and have subsequently signed up for a trial Spotify...

Stops after one song
Answered

Updated my Play 5 and link to Alexa dot but will only play one song, even after forgetting all devices, still only one song?

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online