Skip to main content
Question

cant sign in to amazon when adding alexa

In the new app, I go all the way until it says signing in to Amazon. It stays there eternally. Tried everything. Deleted data, cache, restarted system, factory settings, etc. I can't pass that step to add Amazon Alexa to my speakers. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

I added Google assistant with no issues....... Is amazon linking it's shopping app to alexa and listening in...... Just saying 🤔

Userlevel 1

I just spent several hours trying to resolve this issue. After 30 plus minutes in que for phone support and then 35th in que for chat I found this thread and the solution suggested...delete the Amazon shopping app, add Alexa to Sonos and reinstall the shopping app. Bingo, all is good again.

Why is this not known by their support people? What support?

Anyone can help me I can't sign in in the Amazon account to add alexa it was working perfectly before the update and now is all screwed up 

I just spent several hours trying to resolve this issue. After 30 plus minutes in que for phone support and then 35th in que for chat I found this thread and the solution suggested...delete the Amazon shopping app, add Alexa to Sonos and reinstall the shopping app. Bingo, all is good again.

Ggenius thanks a million 

Badge

Ditto.  Deleted Amazon shopping app on my phone, then I could add Alexa to my Sonos 1.  Had it for years and Alexa was working find but this morning it stopped.  Could not control the microphone on the Sonos 1.  Tried power changing, tried removing and readding and of course I could not add her back until I deleted the Amazon shopping app.

Suser that working fine! Un'installazione amazon shopping app and after that I can login within Sonos App to Amazon Alexa and activate voce control. Great job Grossiter well done!

Suser that working fine! Un'installazione amazon shopping app and after that I can login within Sonos App to Amazon Alexa and activate voce control. Great job Grossiter well done!

Thanks so much. Worked perfectly and saved me from having to call support tomorrow!

If you have an Android device, delete the AMazon Shopping device and then try again. I was having the asme problem and it worked for me.

Worked for me too! Thanks to the community...

Can we somehow get this answer to page 1?

As I was reading through the pages I was worried that there was no work around.

Same issue ... the eternal spinning wheel once on the page where it says it's signing into Amazon ... it never completes

HI, if you uninstall the amazon shopping app, then you will be able to set up alexa on your sonos products, then reinstall the shopping app. Worked for me, I hope it does for you 🙏 

Brilliant - this worked flawlessly for me

Ugh, thanks. Don't have to feel ridiculous anymore and possibly returning these to Costco. Removing/deleting the shopping app totally worked!

Same issue almost 2 months later nothing has changed still can't add Alexa guess your just boned if your an android user just as it's always been.

It's ok I use to sell Sonos at nfm and I told people if you have Android don't get it. So your losing customers by not fixing every over sight android has.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same issue almost 2 months later nothing has changed still can't add Alexa guess your just boned if your an android user just as it's always been.

It's ok I use to sell Sonos at nfm and I told people if you have Android don't get it. So your losing customers by not fixing every over sight android has.

Did you not try the fix that has sorted it for everyone else?

Sure did and it works still if apple doesn't have to "work around" why do I?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Who knows. But it could be an Android and Amazon issue, rather than Sonos…? When I had Android, I had to log out of the Amazon shopping app to be able to log into Prime Video with a different user name or it would automatically log in with the shopping user name…

Who knows. But it could be an Android and Amazon issue, rather than Sonos…? When I had Android, I had to log out of the Amazon shopping app to be able to log into Prime Video with a different user name or it would automatically log in with the shopping user name…

I have 9 Sonos devices so I'm not hater but I'm more than happy to be honest when they release a new app the whole world hates and has issues. Don't be a pleb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have 9 Sonos devices so I'm not hater but I'm more than happy to be honest when they release a new app the whole world hates and has issues. Don't be a pleb.

What a strange person…

Came home today, tried to use Alexa on my Beam Gen 2 and nothing. Then ran into the same issue with the spinning circle of death trying to add Alexa back to the app.  So thankful I found this thread and the solution to delete the amazon shopping app, then go into the app and add alexa worked perfectly.  Reinstalled the shopping app after getting Alexa to work again.  See how long this lasts!