Skip to main content

In the new app, I go all the way until it says signing in to Amazon. It stays there eternally. Tried everything. Deleted data, cache, restarted system, factory settings, etc. I can't pass that step to add Amazon Alexa to my speakers. 

I may have a fix for you here.

I had the same issue with my Move2 setup on Google pixel phone. Googled the problem and came to this page.

Usually I close the Sonos app when it gets stuck on the spinning wheel, but this time I moved apps (swipe up from bottom of screen) and when I did the same to return to the Sonos app it somehow triggered a new window opening which prompted me to sign in to my Amazon account. Hey presto it all works!

Good luck using this fix, I was surprised but hey, it's great.

So it finally Worked for me. I logged into Amazon.co.uk on my browser and changed password. Then went back into Sonos app and selected the option to add Alexa VC, followed steps to log in and sync and it worked! Allowed me to log in as normal. Previously I was having issues having changed Amazon pwd through the app. Not sure why this was the case! Some bizarre bug in the system integration. 

Solved. After setting up my Sonos Era 100 with the Sonos app and adding the Sonos voice command I too had a problem adding Alexa voice command due to not accessing my Amazon account. However, I found it really easy to set this up through the Alexa App which found the speaker and linked the Sonos app with Alexa seamlessly. 

The same issue was working ok,  but I replaced my one sl surrounds with era 300 now alexa not working mic on the beam saying off but can not turn on  , but on both era's saying mic is on ,but can not turn off 

Hi there, are any updates on this? Same issue is happening with me on my Pixel 8 Pro.

Signing in to Amazon was a nightmare in itself. It opened the North American region even though I’m in the UK. Please sort this out!

Same issue ... the eternal spinning wheel once on the page where it says it's signing into Amazon ... it never completes

Seriously, I have over a $1,000 in equipment I purchased from Sonos and a crappy app with a terrible user interface that I can’t even add Alexa? Makes me want ot consider different equipment altogether. Certainly the last Sonos product I ever buy for sure!

Struggled with this for a few hours on my Pixel. Grabbed my son’s fire tablet, installed the Sonos App and Alexa synced no problem. 

Same issue ... the eternal spinning wheel once on the page where it says it's signing into Amazon ... it never completes

HI, if you uninstall the amazon shopping app, then you will be able to set up alexa on your sonos products, then reinstall the shopping app. Worked for me, I hope it does for you 🙏 

HI, if you uninstall the amazon shopping app, then you will be able to set up alexa on your sonos products, then reinstall the shopping app. Worked for me, I hope it does for you 🙏 

Listen up everybody... This is the way to go ☝🏻 worked for me as well

Way to go, sir

Thanks to you I can use my smart Home set up again 😂

Hi there, are any updates on this? Same issue is happening with me on my Pixel 8 Pro.

Signing in to Amazon was a nightmare in itself. It opened the North American region even though I’m in the UK. Please sort this out!

Hi there,

Uninstall Amazon shopping app before retrying... I found that solution on here and it worked for me…

Spread the word :)

After 2 hours of fooling with the newer Sonos app, the Alexa app, my router, and wireless settings, I was able to do the following to get the Alexa voice assistant added to my Sonos One.  I also use Spotify and have it linked to my Alexa account and not my Sonos account, but use the Sonos speaker to listen to music via Spotify: 

1. factory reset Sonos One
  2. attach Sonos One to router via a LAN cable
  3. use newer Sonos One app (on a Samsung Galaxy S24+) to connect to and set up Sonos One while it’s connected to the network via the LAN cable
  4. *delete Amazon app from phone* - in previous attempts I had the same issue as other users when attempting to add the Alexa voice assistant to my Sonos One; the “handshake” between the newer Sonos app and the Amazon Alexa app would just hang.  Deleting the Amazon app forces the Sonos app to authenticate with Amazon Alexa via a mobile web page on your phone instead of via the Amazon Alexa app.
  5. on the newer Sonos App, add the Alexa voice assistant - you should be directed to a mobile web page to input your Amazon credentials.  VIOLA!  Note:  I have my Spotify service linked to my Alexa account and NOT my Sonos account
  6. disconnect Sonos One from LAN cable and place it where you want it (assuming you want to use it wirelessly).   Use the newer Sonos app to attach the Sonos One to a 2.4GHz wireless network.  Note:  although my Sonos One does NOT show up in the Sonos app after I attached it to my wireless network, the Amazon voice assistant works and I can control my smart home products AND listen to Spotify via the Sonos One.
  7. GOOD LUCK, y’all!

All sorted signed out of amazon account deleted. Then connected alexa signed back into amazon account 

Hi All

I understand all your points, and please don’t misunderstand me when I say that this issue is low priority, though I should perhaps have said relatively low - it’s just that many people are unable to even add their new products to their systems, set up new systems, or play music in any way on their Sonos systems. These issues are of critical priority, as I’m sure you all will understand, and they will be getting addressed first. 

I have highlighted a post above that may help many of you:

Workaround on Android

Uninstall Amazon Shopping App. 

Then try again to add Alexa

The Sonos app will often try to log in to a service using the credentials used by an app from the service - in the case of Amazon, there are at least half a dozen apps that could be supplying this info. As @lmcgrath88 mentions, it seems likely that this is where the issue lies and forcing the use of a browser to log in to your Amazon account may well be key.

We are working hard to identify and fix all the issues we can - I can only thank you for your patience so far.

After someone else suggested to remove all alexa permissions for sonos I now habe some speakers with alexa enabled but unresponsive. Is there a workaround to remove alexa from a speaker? It does not let me register it again or remove it.

Maybe it's less critical than other bugs. But what should be ultra critical for your company is to improve software quality and testing.

I read this entire thread . I deleted the Amazon shopping app and got farther but still no joy. 

I got several bizarre errors trying to get Alexa to work. Including one that said "Error. 400 bad request" and another that said " sorry, there are no results for that. Page."

I ended up replacing the Alexa app with the Google Assistant. The problem with that is whenever I use the Google Assistant password, my phone wakes up... That is not intended. 

As a former information technology professional, I can only just imagine the spaghetti in this Sonos code. 

Do you ever wonder why some companies make you agree that you will not sue them and only submit to binding arbitration? They know they don't have a case.

Workaround on Android 

Uninstall Amazon Shopping App. 

Then try again to add Alexa

You, sir, are a life saver 

Cheers

gracias, ya se me hacia que no lograba configurar alexa,  --- move 2

Yeah all sorted now ,alexa is working .thank you 

I have just been able to add Alex voice to my speakers having read a reply on this thread.  Ever since the update on the sonos app I have had problems however I logged out of my Amazon account uninstaled the Amazon shopping app, disabled then enabled sonos in the Alexa skills.  Having done all that I was able to add Alexa voice to my speakers.🙂

Fixed it for me. I wonder if the app is trying to launch an amazon app but then gets stuck if there are multiple amazon apps installed?

Fixed it for me. I wonder if the app is trying to launch an amazon app but then gets stuck if there are multiple amazon apps installed?

What an awesome post :) 

After weeks of not being able to ask my sonos one questions and get nice answers it does appear that removing the Amazon Shopping app is the solution.

Most annoying that you have to take a backward step to get things to work. 

Come on sonos, get the finger out and fix the bug 😀

Just remove Amazon Shopping App...done!

Works!!!

Wow...same issue here but uninstalled the Amazon Shopping app and yes it worked to sign in to get Alexa working!  Thanks for this post as I was stumped after trying a lot of what the others did in this thread.  Took only two minutes once I uninstalled the Amazon Shopping app.  Thanks for posting this as I was about to return my Sonos Era 100!  

Same, spent 45 mins to support a couple of weeks back going through settings etc. Then was told my issue would be escalated with my email being provided. Two weeks later went through the same checks only to be told try the app on another device or ios..... Why would I have several devices! Definately an android issue.... Got told no timescale for solution

I never post - but had to on this occasion I had to - completely blew me away.

Hours wasted.!

Deleting Amazon Shopping app and then add voice assistant worked!!!

Thank you to who ever found this out - spread the word.

Dave