Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

Why is Alexa no longer responding?
Question

Alexa has stopped responding, when I say "Alexa......" How do you fix this?

Alexa gone after restart?
Question

I had my Sonos ONE setup and all was good including Alexa. She was talking away. Had a Sonos with a DHCP address. As part of my home automation system I wanted all devices to have IP reservations s...

Finally Cracked It!!!

So I finalky think i've cracked my Sonos One and Alexa woes and hopefully no more regular full factory resets required! I have x3 Sonos Ones configured in 3 rooms and have had constant issues with Al...

I don’t understand
Answered

It says that “audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device. Hmmm. To do that, first enable the skill for your Sonos One in the Alexa app, then ask me to discover devices.”......

Alexa stops playing music
Question

When playing Pandora radio or Amazon Music radio from Alexa sometimes it stops playing after songs and I have to give Alexa the command, "Alexa play Pandora radio in Family Room", for it to resume pla...

Alexa, Sonos and Dojo by Bullguard
Answered

Hi All, totally new to Sonos but got it all working without issues including Alexa integration. Then I added Dojo by Bullguard to my network for a bit of extra IoT security and now Alexa cant initiate...

Alexa, Play 1, spotify not working
Answered

Hi I have an Amazon Echo Dot connected to a Play 5 via the line in in my dining room, and two sonos Play one with Alexa is separate bedrooms. I have a spotify Premium family account. The issue I hav...

Local library initiating
Answered

Hi Is there any news on being able to tell Alexa to play a specific track from your local library? I've paused purchases for nearly two years now due to the lack of this feature. A work around via Ple...

Alexa not playing current music on Sonos
Answered

Hi, Fairly new to all this, but I seem to have connected my Amazon Echo to my two sonos speakers, but if she is playing music on the Echo and I ask her to play it on the sonos speakers they start play...

Sonos Beam Won’t turn TV on or off via Alexa
Question

I’ve had a Beam since Dec with no problem. However since the middle of this week Alexa won’t turn tv on or off . It replies TV isn’t responding please check it’s network or power supply. All other fun...

Sonos Alexa and Spotify not working. At all.
Question

I'm re-posting this in the hope that someone may have a clue to the solution, please. Having been very disappointed to find that there is no Alexa link to my music library, I was hoping that Spotify w...

Changing Alexa wake word
Answered

Are there plans to be able to change the Sonos One wake word? My daughters name is Alexa, so it's not practical to have it as the wake word ( I don't need two people telling me that they "don't know...

Alexa on Sonos Beam
Question

I have a Beam with two Sonos Ones in Surround mode. It is hooked to my Samsung TV by optical (I don't have ARC). The TV receives it's signal from an Apple TV 4K. Now I don't have a problem, just a qu...

Echo Dot Connectivity
Answered

Hi, I have recently installed the Alexa app on my phone, and linked it to Sonos. This is fine. My problem is I can't link Echo Dot machine to Sonos. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Echo, Sonos Connect, Yamaha A/V receiver, Harmony volume control issue

Current setup: Harmony Elite remote (and associated Hub), Sonos Connect, Yamaha RX-A760 A/V receiver amplifying (playing to) non-Sonos speakers & subwoofer, Amazon Echo, & other devices not related to...

Sonos One - Alexa having problems since installing Orbi router
Answered

I have had a Sonos One for over half a year, Alexa voice service used to work on it like a charm until I upgraded my old router to Orbi. Ever since Alexa fails with the message:" Sorry I have trouble...

Alexa doesn't play music by voice but plays from app
Answered

Alexa doesn't play music by voice but plays from app

When asked to play Spotify Alexa says sorry that device is offline (Sonos One). The common fixes do not work
Answered

When I first bought the Sonos One I was really happy with it. After the initial setup everything seemed to work fine and I enjoyed controlling Spotify via Alexa. A few weeks later that changed and for...

Can’t add beam to a sonos group

I’ve a beam grouped in sonos app with 2 ones for surround. In Alexa app, the beam group is displayed as a speaker named as my sonos room name (salotto) and, if I click on it, I can see the beam device...

Ask Alexa to play tv audio on a sono one
Answered

Can I ask Alexa on Sono One to play the sound currently on my playbase that is tv audio? I saw in another forum Alexa doesn't understand grouping.

Alexa Won't Play Music
Answered

Starting roughly Dec '18, Alexa stopped playing music on my Sonos One. It acknowledges that it's going to play music, but then nothing; silence. I've logged out of Amazon on all account and on the web...

Alexa on Sonos Beam won't turn off my Samsung Q6 Smart TV

I purchased a new 2018 Samsung Q6 Smart TV and now my new Sonos Beam with Alexa won't turn the TV off but it will still turn it on. It worked with my older Samsung Smart TV. Any suggestions?

Since 10.0 Alarm cannot be stopped by voice command
Answered

Since updating to the latest release the playing the alarm (which is configured in the Sonos App) cannot be stopped anymore by saying the voice command "Alex, Stopp". This was working before, now you...

Sonos Beam Alexa
Answered

The voice of alex on my sonos beam is very low how do i fix it?

Music restarts after being paused

I start music on my Beam and Play:1 group using Alexa ("Alexa, play Laid Back Classics Station"). After a while I stop it again using Alexa ("Alexa Stop"). Then after several minutes it starts again o...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings