Skip to main content
Question

cant get roam 2 to setup with alexa

• 25 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I have setup my roam 2 and have been unable to get it to link to the alexa account. I have tried ensuring address is up to date and correct. Remove both programs and re-add with no luck. It just spins like it it trying to add. Also have disabled skill and re-add.

Note Sonos voice will setup just fine, but want to use the system I already have throughout the house.

I let it sit for even 15 minutes with no change. Any help is greatful.

5 replies

I hope someone finds the answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TicT 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the issue you are having with installing Alexa on your new Roam 2.

Do you happen to have the Amazon Shopping app installed? If so, please uninstall it and try setting up Alexa on your Roam again - the Sonos app will be asking the Amazon Shopping app for your login credentials so you don’t need to do it manually, but something is going wrong. Removing the Amazon Shopping app will force the Sonos app to log in with a browser instead, hopefully letting you complete the process. You can reinstall the Amazon Shopping app once Alexa is set up and working on your Roam 2.

I hope this helps.

This did not work.  I still cannot authenticate when trying to add the Alexa voice assitant to the roam 2. I am very frustrated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dano1234 

I’m sorry to hear that did not help - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

The suggestion of removing the Amazon shopping app worked for me first time.  Worth a try if anyone's struggling.