Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

Amazon Echo / Dot and Sonos Integration
Answered

So with Sonos integrating Amazon Echo within their eco system a couple of questions: - If I install an Amazon Echo Dot in each room that I have Sonos speakers in will I be able to assign that particu...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

List of Alexa Commands
Question

Is there a list of Echo commands that we can use now? It would be nice if ALL of the Amazon Echo Skill’s designer would make these lists and keep them current.

Joining the Sonos Echo/Alexa beta
Answered

How can I join this beta please?

Echo Dot with Sonos speakers: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

I have 6 Sonos Play 1 speakers in my house, and purchased an Echo Dot to enable Alexa with my speakers. Here are my initial impressions of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly": ========== THE GOOD ======...

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa
Question

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One
Question

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301 and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa dev...

how to get the echo to play through the sonos speakers
Answered

Hi I have a black and a white sonos and have now purchased 2 echo dot - but I am wondering how do I get the music from the echo to play through the speakers of my sonos - do I need another lead or is...

Connect echo dot to sonos play 1 or 3
Answered

Hi does anyone know if I can connect the echo dot to the play 1 or 3?

Alexa or Google Home?
Question

I'm considering buying either an Amazon Alexa product or a Google Home product, but can't quite decide. I'll probably go with either an Echo Dot or a Google Home mini, as we're pretty invested in Sono...

Alexa integration for SONOS
Answered

Does anyone know if/when Alexa will be supported by SONOS? I've seen a lot of conversations about a public trial in 2017 but nothing specific about dates and official release. Can anyone confirm if...

Sonos One not playing Alexa output
Answered

I am using the Sonos One I received today. I’ve got everything set up properly I believe but here’s the issue I’m having... the music plays fine through sonos app and commands but any non sonos comman...

Playing Spotify with Alexa on Sonos One
Answered

I just got my Sonos One today and am trying to get Alexa up and running. It is working with all of my home automation, Wink, Nest etc, but I can get Alexa to play anything on Spotify, which is my onl...

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low
Answered

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

Does the existing Sonos work with Alexa
Answered

I have been told since the anoucment that my investment in Sonos would include Amazon Echo features. Unless I am missing something Sonos has stated that all of my Sonos One are obsolete and I will nee...

UK voucher code for Echo dot
Question

Email received today with promotional offer on Echo dot for existing Sonos customers. However, this does not seem to be valid for customers in the UK. Is there another code to use? or is this offer...

Any future plan for Google Assistant Voice Control like Alexa
Answered

Is there any plan for the Sonos speakers to work with Google Voice Assistant like Alexa? I am currently own several Play 5 speakers so can Sonos make that current product line to work with voice contr...

No Spotify thru Alexa?

How can you leave out Spotify thru Alexa?

Echo dot, Sonos and Spotify
Question

I was about to rush out and buy an Amazon echo dot, to upgrade my existing PLAY 1 setup but (as far as I could establish) these three things don't play together yet. Lots of discussion about it though...

2 Issues with Alexa and Sonos, Can you help?
Answered

Hi, I was able to set up my connection with Alexa and Sonos, and I can use Alexa to start playing music without any issues. However, once the music starts, I have two issues: 1. I cannot stop the mu...

Alexa and Spotify
Question

Can you please give an update when Spotify will be available through the Alexa / Sonos setup. I’d like to get an alexa dot for my daughter’s birthday by way of controlling her Sonos speaker. “Soon” i...

Multiple Echo and Sonos - play everywhere not an option
Question

I have 4 echos in my house grouped to the “everywhere” group through Alexa. I added my Sonos Play 1 and it works fine by itself with any simple alexa commands. However, I tried to add my Sonos speake...

Playing Local Music Library on Sonos through Alexa
Answered

Will alexa skill be able to play from my music library?

Alexa and music services
Question

Ok — the news is still fresh and I havent even had time to try any of this. But reading the news blogs it appears the sonos/alexa integration currently works with Tunein and Amazon Prime / Unlimited...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online