Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

Amazon Echo / Dot and Sonos Integration

So with Sonos integrating Amazon Echo within their eco system a couple of questions: - If I install an Amazon Echo Dot in each room that I have Sonos speakers in will I be able to assign that particu...

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

List of Alexa Commands

Is there a list of Echo commands that we can use now? It would be nice if ALL of the Amazon Echo Skill’s designer would make these lists and keep them current.

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Echo Dot with Sonos speakers: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

I have 6 Sonos Play 1 speakers in my house, and purchased an Echo Dot to enable Alexa with my speakers. Here are my initial impressions of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly": ========== THE GOOD ======...

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Connect echo dot to sonos play 1 or 3

Hi does anyone know if I can connect the echo dot to the play 1 or 3?

how to get the echo to play through the sonos speakers

Hi I have a black and a white sonos and have now purchased 2 echo dot - but I am wondering how do I get the music from the echo to play through the speakers of my sonos - do I need another lead or is...

Alexa or Google Home?

I'm considering buying either an Amazon Alexa product or a Google Home product, but can't quite decide. I'll probably go with either an Echo Dot or a Google Home mini, as we're pretty invested in Sono...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301 and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa dev...

Joining the Sonos Echo/Alexa beta

How can I join this beta please?

How to play iTunes library songs via Alexa voice control

I have Sonos with Alexa voice skill working fine for services such as Amazon Music. However, I can't get Alexa to access any of my imported playlists from iTunes (which works fine via the controller w...

Sonos Play:1 and Google Assistant

I have Google Home and a Sonos Play:1 speaker. Sonos says that in 2018 the Sonos speakers will be compatible with Google Assistant but will that be a software change that will allow me to use my curre...

Sonos One Not Responding to Alexa Comands

Just setup the Sonos One. All steps were followed and setup went smoothly, However it is not responding to any commands. It does acknowledge the command where I ask to play music, but doesn't complete...

Google Assistant Support

When does Sonos expect to have support for Google Assistant?

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

Alexa group command

Can you command Alexa to play music in a group if they have been group on the Sonos app?

Alexa Multi-room Music / Audio Groups

I have a new Sonos One that I am adding to home with 2 Echo devices. In the Alexa app I am trying to setup an Audio Group for multi-room music. However, the Sonos One does not show up as an available...

Alexa in canada

When will Alexa be available in Canada?

Volume Level/Control via Alexa (Echo, Dot, Sonos One)

Since i've owned Sonos products my biggest bugbear has been that there is no indication of the volume level on the app, meaning when I turn up my car volume it goes from e.g. 0 to 90. Now it's not a m...

Siri on Sonos

I have two Sonos Play 1 and am getting a Play 3. I was planning on buying an Echo Dot, to use Alexa with it, but then you came out with Sonos One. That made me think twice. Now I am reading that in...

Sonos One not playing Alexa output

I am using the Sonos One I received today. I’ve got everything set up properly I believe but here’s the issue I’m having... the music plays fine through sonos app and commands but any non sonos comman...

Multiple Echo and Sonos - play everywhere not an option

I have 4 echos in my house grouped to the “everywhere” group through Alexa. I added my Sonos Play 1 and it works fine by itself with any simple alexa commands. However, I tried to add my Sonos speake...

Does the existing Sonos work with Alexa

I have been told since the anoucment that my investment in Sonos would include Amazon Echo features. Unless I am missing something Sonos has stated that all of my Sonos One are obsolete and I will nee...

Sonos one Alexa no longer working

Set up a Sonos one a few days ago, was working great, loved it. Got home today and said Alexa play music, but nothing happened. Appears that Alexa stopped working but I’m bit sure why as I didn’t do a...

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Recently online