Answered

Connect echo dot to sonos play 1 or 3

• 26 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Hi does anyone know if I can connect the echo dot to the play 1 or 3?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 October 2017, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

You can now wirelessly connect the the Echo Dot to control music on your entire Sonos system if you are in the US, UK, or Germany. See instructions here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301
Hi thanks for this, will try it in the morning
When will this feature be available in Canada?
When will this feature be available in Canada?

Over a month ago:

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/sonos-version-8-4-inbox-and-alexa-for-canada-6803454
thank you!!
Userlevel 2
In a system with a mixture of Sonos One (Alexa), Echo Dot (Alexa) and Sonos Play (no Alexa), is it possible to configure so that music is only played on the Sonos speakers and not on the Echo Dot? I've asked Alexa to play music and if the Echo Dot receives the request it will play music using it's built in speaker, which isn't an excellent outcome.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In a system with a mixture of Sonos One (Alexa), Echo Dot (Alexa) and Sonos Play (no Alexa), is it possible to configure so that music is only played on the Sonos speakers and not on the Echo Dot? I've asked Alexa to play music and if the Echo Dot receives the request it will play music using it's built in speaker, which isn't an excellent outcome.

Hi

This depends upon which device resonds to your voice command. With the Sonos One you don't need to include the room name. e.g. 'Alexa. Play soft jazz' When an Echo Dot is triggered then you will need to include the Sonos room name in the command. e.g. 'Alexa, Play soft jazz on Kitchen Sonos' - where 'Kitchen Sonos' is the room name in the Sonos app.
I'm in Bermuda and have spent 900$ on the kit, but it won't hook up to my Alexa Echo dot. The Echo Dot works on its own, but won't connect to my Sonos. I've tried to change the region to US on Amazon, Alexa, and Sonos, but to no avail. Do I need a VPN?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm in Bermuda and have spent 900$ on the kit, but it won't hook up to my Alexa Echo dot. The Echo Dot works on its own, but won't connect to my Sonos. I've tried to change the region to US on Amazon, Alexa, and Sonos, but to no avail. Do I need a VPN?

You would also need to change your location in your Music streaming accounts and your Sonos profile under www.sonos.com.