Answered

Is it just me, or is there no way to set alarms in the new app?

Userlevel 2

I always use my Sonos one as a alarm to get up in the morning, it’s the only reason I bought the thing. And I absolutely hate that they removed alarms in the new app. Please bring them back as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by mlws 19 May 2024, 16:06

View original

24 replies

You can use a desktop controller to manage alarms.

Userlevel 1

This is a shocking omission in the new app

Userlevel 1

please bring the alarm back!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Yes you're not alone! Bring it back ASAP please - it's the reason I bought my speaker!

Userlevel 2

I can’t believe it: the Sonos alarm clock is gone?

I trusted it and downloaded the new app, and here’s the unpleasant surprise.
What solution do you suggest?

Besides that, it seems like the timer that regulated the duration before falling asleep has disappeared too…

Userlevel 2

Yes you're not alone! Bring it back ASAP please - it's the reason I bought my speaker!

Me too!

Userlevel 2

What a terrible decision!  Who at Sonos is authorizing the release of an “upgraded” app that actually reduces the usefulness of Sonos?  Fire that idiot and hire some intelligent software developers!

Userlevel 2

I tried, but couldn’t find the alarm option anywhere. I used the the web interface. 

Userlevel 2

I tried, but couldn’t find the alarm option anywhere. I used the the web interface. 

On my Mac there's an alarms setting at the bottom right of the screen. I had to use it last night because of this $%##@ app “upgrade"

Unbelievable decision. Amazon echo time.

How could Sonos possibly remove such a valuable feature in the App.? This is not only a crazy commercial decision (maybe it was a mistake???), it is totally unacceptable. Would someone at Sonos please record a Post promptly stating when this feature will be restored please?

If you update the Sonos App from the App store - Alarms are in there now. At least I’m now seeing them on my iPad controller…

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

How could Sonos possibly remove such a valuable feature in the App.? This is not only a crazy commercial decision (maybe it was a mistake???), it is totally unacceptable. Would someone at Sonos please record a Post promptly stating when this feature will be restored please?

Er… now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Unbelievable decision. Amazon echo time.

Just update your app again.

App is updated. Using IOS on iPhone. Still no alarm showing settings>mamage. In UK. Help.

App is updated. Using IOS on iPhone. Still no alarm showing settings>mamage. In UK. Help.

I’m seeing the Alarms in the new App and I’m in the UK too - try signing out/in on the new App and see if that resolves it. I’d suggest fully closing the App too inbetween the sign out & sign in.

Hi Ken. Thanks. Just tried it twice and no change. I'll try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Hi Ken. Thanks. Just tried it twice and no change. I'll try deleting and reinstalling the app.

When it does show up, you should see it here in the new App in the ‘manage’ area below ‘About My System’.

Deleted anbd reinstalled the app, logged back in and I can confirm that it is there now. Hurrah. 

Userlevel 2

Your experience with the iPad are not the point. The issue here is the stupid decision by Sonos to remove this function from the phone app. I've checked the absolutely latest version (80.00.08) of the app and the function is NOT there. Nor has anyone from z Sonos replied to the repeated requests on this thread for information about a return of the alarm. So I wouldn't advise you to let the world know you can still use the alarm on other platforms - the brilliant minds at Sonos might pounce and remove it from there tomorrow 

So.. my daughter has her own account login to our systems and I'm the systems owner. Now she can’t set alarm due to she’s “not the systems owner” wtf?..

Userlevel 2

So.. my daughter has her own account login to our systems and I'm the systems owner. Now she can’t set alarm due to she’s “not the systems owner” wtf?..

Maybe you can log in to her account as a temporary fix

I’ve signed out and back in, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it a couple times… still no alarms. 
This is maddening!

Userlevel 1

I’ve signed out and back in, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it a couple times… still no alarms. 
This is maddening!

I’m in the same boat. Deleted and reinstalled the app on both my iPhone and iPad. System is up to date according to the system check. Still no alarms!