Sound cutting out

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Suddenly today the sound on my beam gen 2 cuts out whenever i adjust the tv volume. Its really annoying. Is this yet another issue with the new app?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Normally in this situation and before the update to the app, I’d recommend powering down the Beam for a few mins and then trying again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Normally in this situation and before the update to the app, I’d recommend powering down the Beam for a few mins and then trying again.

Yeah ....thats the first thing I tried. Can it be that using the tv remote to adjust volume now has to flow to sonos servers and then back to my beam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nope, that's via CEC commands via your HDMI connection. Have you changed any settings? Please let us know your TV make and model, as well as how your devices are connected.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Nope, that's via CEC commands via your HDMI connection. Have you changed any settings? Please let us know your TV make and model, as well as how your devices are connected.

I have not changed any tv settings. Its a frame tv connected via earc and cec is enabled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you also powered off your TV as well?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Have you also powered off your TV

Powered everything off multiple times 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In that case, I think you'll need to call Sonos support. Sorry, I couldn't help further but they have additional investigation tools.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

In that case, I think you'll need to call Sonos support. Sorry, I couldn't help further but they have additional investigation tools.

Will do that. I'm grateful for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey Uk

My problem is solved. I powered off literally every thing in my system off. That fixed it. Something was out of sync or something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey Uk

My problem is solved. I powered off literally every thing in my system off. That fixed it. Something was out of sync or something.

That's probably caused by duplicate IP addresses across your network, great news it's all sorted. 👍