Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

2 Sonos Connect setups in separate rooms
Answered

I've got one Sonos Connect setup working with a turntable and speakers in one room connected to a router. In seperate room I have another turntable, speakers and another Sonos Connect — how do I conne...

New living room setup - advise appreciated
Answered

Hi all - appreciate guidance on best way to tackle this. We are doing a reno and will be starting from scratch - great room dimensions are 21’ x 36’. Living room area (fireplace and tv) on south 21’...

Beam on College Apartment Wifi
Answered

I recently got a Sonos Beam for Christmas and am back in my college town, connected to my apartment WiFi. I bought a TP Link travel router and have it on “router mode”, which worked for about a week a...

A solution for 3.1 with a beam and two play 5
Question

I recently found out that if I set up some delay on the sound from my Beam I was able to make the sound sync up with the sound from my play:5s. After syncing the sound of my Beam and my Play:5s I went...

Android controller music sharing
Question

On a desktop you can add your music then play on any controller as long as the computer is powered up and connected. Can i do the same on an android but access it's library from another android/iPad c...

Adding SONOS to existing surround sound setup through a Marantz NR1504 Receiver - is it possible?

We have a Marantz NR1504 receiver that is connected to our cable internet and has a surround sound speaker system we use to play both music (usually Pandora, itunes and occasionally our record player)...

DJing with Sonos: a potential hack AKA solution

So I was interested in getting a connect/amp so I could link the master out of my DJ mixer to my Sonos setup in the living room which consists of a pair of Ones and a Beam. Browsing the community it a...

Sonos Pair Data Usage
Question

I have a Play 5 connected to a computer line-in and another paired to it using a mobile hotspot. Can someone help me to understand what kind of data usage would be implicated in this setup? There is...

SONOS setup

Hey there! First of all, to thank you in advance for the help! I currently own one Play:5 and two Play:1 speakers, and I'd like to expand my setup. At the moment I'm thinking of adding a sub, and an...

New Amp for turntable but also 5.1 HT

I currently only have two Play:1s and a single One. Over the next few months I will be purchasing new Sonos in the following order: 1. Amp, 2. Playbase, 3. a second One, and 4. a Sub. I will be usi...

Bring back http://:1400/reboot

For all that is holy, bring back the ability to reboot a Sonos device via a web browser. Left stereo paired Sonos Play:1 plays sound. Right stereo paired Sonos Play:1 is silent. The only thing that...

Connect cannot update!

I have 1 x Play 1 & 1 x Play 5 in my system connected via wifi. Then I have ordered a Connect to my existing Stereo. It will not connect, I have tried severeal times both with cable and wireless. I ha...

Vinyl to sonos through tv

Hi all My apologies if this has been covered however I thought it may be worth a share. I was looking to find a way of adding a vinyl player without shelling out on even more gear. I've had my livi...

Time Based Volume Limits

I am really hoping that we could have a time based volume limits setting. This would mean you could set multiple volume limits which apply at different points in the day. Therefore if 9pm the volume...

Sonos Connect AMP and Powered Speakers (e.g. Audio Engine A5)
Answered

I just invested in a Sonos Connect:Amp, which I'm successfully using with with a turntable I received as a Christmas gift. I love the setup. I happen to have two Audio Engine A5 powered speakers in...

Granting guest access to Sonos, but not entire network
Answered

Looking to set up guest access to Sonos during parties, without giving up main wifi network info. I understand I could just set it up on a guest network, but I use Sonos daily on my main network (alon...

Does Sonos take advantage of the full mesh-wifi capabilities?
Question

I've recently installed a Eero based mesh network in my house to reach all the awkward little corners that my previous setup could not. I have to say I'm impressed with it. One thing has been botheri...

sonos BEAM / play 5 / one / vinyl / TV

Bonjour à tous, je rencontre actuellement la problématique suivante. j'ai branché la play5 à une platine vinyle avec le cable RCA, et cela fonctionne parfaitement. Neanmoins, quand j'utilise la platin...

Explain Sonos 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz
Answered

Obviously, this question has been discussed in this forum, I want to clarify some questions. 5Ghz is only used in a 5.1 set up I suppose? In terms of connectivity bond, projecting sound from Tv (Movi...

Wireless Mesh using Bridge, separate from Home Wifi
Question

I have a wired Bridge and multiple wireless amps and speakers that originally was on a separate Sonos Boost mesh but now (somehow) switched to my home Wifi and share bandwidth with my other wireless d...

How to configure 5.1 using macbook and Sony Bravia
Question

Hi Folks, I have a Sonos surround setup (play base + sub + 2 x play:1s) connected to a Sony Bravia. With this setup I successfully get 5.1 sound coming from Netflix (native TV app) and from xbox one...

Can I add 5s to a Playbar for Music listening?
Question

The Playbar does not provide a wide range of sound for music. I have 3s in the rear. If I add a set of 5s to the front is that a sound that is acceptable? I know that it will not create 7.1 surround,...

Connecting Sonos to existing speakers
Answered

How do I stream everything through Sonos and my other set of speakers? I have a turntable too. Would love for everything to come through Sonos and Bose speakers. I have a Denon Amp. Thanks.

Audio compression issues with Line-In vs. Airplay 2
Question

This article indicates that there are bandwidth limitations when using uncompressed audio with line-in and many speakers: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080 I am trying to use iTunes as my musi...

Sonos system keeps dropping
Question

My Sonos system keeps dropping sound it will play fine for a few hours then the sound will drop but the music still “plays”. I’ve done everything that Sonos has told me to do 3 months ago—and the issu...

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings