Skip to main content
Question

why is Sonos wanting us to go back to wired speakers?

• 28 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have never experienced a better argument from the company that makes Bluetooth speakers to their consumers… Go back to wired speakers. We can’t even get our app, right.. let alone no relationship with Apple at all..

can I #EveryProductAndConcernAtThisPoint..do something!!!!

God grant me the serenity.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have alway had one or more speakers wired to my network even though Sonos is marketed as a wireless audio solution. Saved myself a lot of headaches by doing it. 

Yeah I have wired port and amp and they are solid except when the buggy pos app inexplicably can’t find them or the volume doesn’t work or some other bs with the new app. But thankfully my ikea remotes, airplay and SonoPhone are still reliable. 

I think I may have to wire a few of them. Whenever I stream through Apple and hook up the speakers to AirPlay they drop if I pause the movie too long or if I’m watching a series and the show changes from one episode to another??

I have never been able to fix that issue

Part of that is an Apple issue. They’re ‘cutting’ the AirPlay 2 stream when you’ve paused too long (for Apple). 

I’m not so sure I understand the show change one. Have you submitted a diagnostic and called in after one of those?