Skip to main content
Question

reconnecting zp100, playbar, play:1and play:3

• 22 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a number of sonos products for about 4 years.  I'm using the app with the black logo on a android phone.  I've have continued flakey problems keeping my system connected. Most are on cat5 connections.  I can't not reconnect even with a system factory reset.  There is a compatibility list on the Help but does not list my products.  Have they all been made obsolete?

If not, how do I update or reconnect? I've followed the provided instruction many times over... so it has to be deeper.

Thanks. Peter.

2 replies

Here is the compatibility list for S1 or S2 products. Other than the ZP100 listed, I think they all can run S2. 

Often, ‘flakey’ connections are caused by duplicate IP address issues. Try unplugging all your Sonos products, and then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then plug back in your Sonos. 

If this doesn’t work, however, I would submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks Bruce. I'll follow thru with that.