Welcome to Wireless speakers

Ask a question or start a conversation about our Sonos One, Play:1, Play:3, or Play:5 speakers. Get your Sonos answers here.

8955 Topics

Bose 201 speakers versus Sonos speakers

Can someone give me an opinion as to which speakers are better for the ZP100? Should I the the Bose 201 speakers or the Sonos SP100 speakers? That is which speakers sound better (particularily at lo...

Positioning of ceiling speakers

Hi, I have an L-Shaped room with a kitcken at the end of one leg, a lounge at the end of the other leg, and the dining area at the 90 degree bend. (Hope that makes sense) What I am looking at doing...

New Multi-Rooms Setup -- Need Help

I am getting in a new condo in a couple weeks, and I was going over how I wanted to setup my audio before I go in and repaint all the walls in case I need to do some wireing. So far, the Sonos option...

Speaker wiring

I am currently building a house and intend installing Sonos Zp100s in selected rooms. So far I have installed cables to some ground floor rooms. eg I have used 79/0.2 twin speaker cable to individuall...

Sub $600 Subwoofer

Can anyone recommend a subwoofer that has good bang for the buck? I recently bought 4 ZP100s and some speakers (1 pr Sonos, 2 pairs of Definitive Techs, 1pr outdoor cheapos) but would like a subwoofe...

Two pairs of speakers connected to ZP100

Hi, Can anyone confirm that the following will work: 1 x ZP 100 running 2 pairs of Speakercraft 6.0DT single stereo speakers via a in wall speaker switch, something like the QED WM15... Will the sound...

Portable Powered Speakers

I have recently been enjoying my ripped music on a portable player, but would like to have some good portable powered speakers...earbuds annoy me. Does anyone have any recommendations for good qualit...

How much power is too much power?

I wonder if anyone has any advice regarding power input to Orb speakers. Our house has three Sonos zones, soon to be four, one of which is living out its days with the home theater I am building. I ha...

HELP with receiver & speakers questions

Please help - I need to buy right away and am waiting for answers to these questions: I'm going to buy a receiver to power four outdoor speakers (receiver inside, speakers outside ). I was thinkin...

Can I use these speakers?

I have some speakers that are 20Watts (30Watts maximum) and rated at 6ohms. Can I use them with a ZP - and if so what's the worse damage that could be done? i.e. could I damage the ZP amplifier or blo...

Remote control advice?

I have a receiver indoors and four speakers outdoors. I want to control the receiver outside - what can I do to extend the range of the stock remote or, which universal remote do I buy that will get...

Apple Hi-Fi

Has anyone attempted to connect an Apple Hi-Fi speaker to a Sonos Zone Controller? Thanks. - Pat Brannigan

Sonos in a big room

Hi all, I have a ZP100 hooked up to 2 Klipsch RB-25 in my living room. The room is quite large and I am now thinking of adding two speakers and possibly a sub to get better sound throughout the room f...

Klipsch KHC-6 Ceiling speakers

This speaker has a power rating of 50 watts maximum continuous power (120 watts peak), will this be OK with the ZP100? Thanks.

Auto Select Switch

Hey Guys, I'm looking to setup the rears of my 5.1 system as the sonos speakers too. I was wondering if anyone knew of an auto sensing A-B switch that would run the 5.1 system until voltage came from...

ceiling speakers in bathroom ? recommendations ?

I amlooking at adding a ZP100 to the bathroom, and i am looking for recommendations for speakers to putn in the ceiling cavities ? The speakers really will need to be resistant to moisture /steam. Ch...

2 zones on a ZP100

Hello Is it possible to have 2 zones on one ZP100.? I haven't recieved my audio system yet. That is why i dont know!.

Adding a subwoofer... easy?

Hey there, I have a pair of Bose 301 Direct/Reflecting stereo speakers connected to the spring binding posts of a ZP100. My question is simple: - If I want to add more bass, can I buy a subwoofer and...

ZP80 w/powered amplified speakers, recommendations?

I'll be getting a ZP80 to hook up to my audio/video receiver in the living room, and with the bundles being what they are, I'm trying to figure out where I could use another ZP80. I'm thinking about...

Outdoor speakers & CATV music

Hello all...I'm dumb as a stump when it comes to this stuff so I really need some advice. I'm in Atlantic Canada and what I want to do is to connect some outdoor speakers to my cable TV system which...

Anyone using NXT speakers?

I'm considering buying some NXT speakers, such as the Wharfedale PPS-1 Active LoudPanel Picture Panel Speaker System. Anyone have experience with these? I'm not a serious audiophile, and my main reas...

Matching CD Player for Sonos

Is anyone aware of a CD player that would fit nicely under a Zoneplayer and that roughly matches? I would like to have a CD player plugged into the ZP so I don't have to rip disks right away after I...

Any experience with Yamaha YSP-1 or 1000?

Hi all, Have had the Sonos for about a month, quite pleased. I'm finally getting around to installing some more advanced speakers. Has anyone used the Yamaha YSP-1 or YSP-1000 with the Sonos? It l...

How Many Speakers Can I Run?

Hi There, I have a conservatory with 4 8ohm speakers in and a woofer. I would like to also run 4 external speakers on this zone via a volume control to enable me to "turn on/off" the outside speakers...

Extra Sonos Loudspeakers Available

Hey folks I just installed in-ceiling speakers from HTD throughout my house and I now have two sets of Sonos Loudspeakers that I won't be using. Is there a forum where I could offer these for sale?...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings