Answered

Connecting my speakers

• 24 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Lately I have had a very hard time connecting all of my speakers to my Sonos. I have 5 speakers in my workout room and every time I workout at least a couple of them will not connect and I have to go through the steps of unplugging the Wi-Fi router and then waiting for it o connect again and even that doesn't connect all of them. I used them for 3-years without ever having an issue and then it started and I don’t knw why I am having so much trouble connecting. Please Help :-(

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 March 2024, 16:59

View original

2 replies

Read your router’s instruction manual on how to set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos speakers. 

Or, for a shorter term fix, power down all Sonos speakers by unplugging them, then reboot the router. Wait two minutes after that reboot before plugging back in the speakers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Bruce has the likely solution above but as to why, well that can be complicated.

My first guess is that your WiFi RF environment has changed a bit, you or a neighbor adding new gear or re-configuring old gear that now interferes with your Sonos.

Second guess would be new firmware in your router/WiFi that is causing problems with Sonos’ IP assignments.

Either way check the router’s DHCP settings page and assign the addresses as suggested above.