Answered

Connecting my speakers

• 24 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Lately I have had a very hard time connecting all of my speakers to my Sonos. I have 5 speakers in my workout room and every time I workout at least a couple of them will not connect and I have to go through the steps of unplugging the Wi-Fi router and then waiting for it o connect again and even that doesn't connect all of them. I used them for 3-years without ever having an issue and then it started and I don’t knw why I am having so much trouble connecting. Please Help :-(

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 March 2024, 16:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Bruce has the likely solution above but as to why, well that can be complicated.

My first guess is that your WiFi RF environment has changed a bit, you or a neighbor adding new gear or re-configuring old gear that now interferes with your Sonos.

Second guess would be new firmware in your router/WiFi that is causing problems with Sonos’ IP assignments.

Either way check the router’s DHCP settings page and assign the addresses as suggested above. 

Read your router’s instruction manual on how to set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos speakers. 

Or, for a shorter term fix, power down all Sonos speakers by unplugging them, then reboot the router. Wait two minutes after that reboot before plugging back in the speakers.