Arc Backorder Progress

If you bought you Arc online from Sonos, when did you order it and when did you finally receive it?  I ordered mid July and the anticipated ship date was July 24.  Now, the anticipated ship date for new orders is mid August.  I am wondering which order dates are currently being delivered.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Ordered black Arc 10/17 with a expected ship date from 11/20... switched from backorder to processed and charged my on that exact date. Hoping I'll see it any day now. It sucked waiting but hopefully its worth the wait and I see it shortly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I got my shipping notification email today with tracking!

Badge +1

I got my shipping notification email today with tracking!

Strange. Mine went to processing a day before yours. But to be fair, you did order first. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My credit card just got charged! Hopefully this is the end game...

Any change to order status?

Dispatch Acknowledged / Processing

Any update Strongman?  Have you received your order yet or at least tracking?

Update: Midwest

update - midwest

ordered white arc/sub g3 10/19

shipped 11/19

delivered 11/23

Badge

Some good news to share! Shipping information recieved Saturday for 3 deliveries (Arc/Sub/2xSL bundle) with Purolator, got the SL’s yesterday, have a second delivery scheduled today and another for tomorrow.  Hopefully yours is as quick HT_Junkie (not that anything else about this has been quick lol)

Badge +1

These last few days are the worst part of the entire wait. I talked to sales support this morning and he said they should ship mine out in the next couple days. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ordered Oct 5 here in Canada, Sonos attempted to process the order Nov. 20.  My credit card company thought a large online order from a company I had previously ordered from online was too suspicious and locked my card without contacting me first.  Hours spent just trying to get that sorted while also contacting Sonos to let them know what was going on and get the order in - finally late this afternoon the payment went through.  Phone support was great once I got them, and I got callbacks for the final resolution and one more from the original support person to make sure everything was fine - they were excellent.

I have yet to see tracking info yet but was promised by the same Sonos staff to expect it very soon - fingers crossed!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Some good news to share! Shipping information recieved Saturday for 3 deliveries (Arc/Sub/2xSL bundle) with Purolator, got the SL’s yesterday, have a second delivery scheduled today and another for tomorrow.  Hopefully yours is as quick HT_Junkie (not that anything else about this has been quick lol)

Excellent. Tracking tells me to expect delivery November 27th.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos Canada Order placed 10/3/2020

Was told it would ship starting 10/16/2020

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Nice ! How come they are shipping them separately ? Did you order the home theatre set ? (Arc, Sub, One SLs) 

Yes, ordered the full home theatre set.

I have one package being delivered today, so hopefully the rest will be here by tomorrow 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Excellent. Tracking tells me to expect delivery November 27th.

Checked it again just now...now it’s saying one piece will arrive on the 27th and the next on the 30th...56 days after ordering. No word on whether they’ll honor the current sale pricing...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Checked it again just now...now it’s saying one piece will arrive on the 27th and the next on the 30th...56 days after ordering. No word on whether they’ll honor the current sale pricing...

Well, I didn’t get my tracking yet but I did ask for the holiday pricing and have received email on that request going through - $150CDN + tax, 10-15 days to process.  Also after yelling at MasterCard they’ve given me 100 AirMiles and were able to credit back nearly $50 in unrelated interest charges.  

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Nice ! How come they are shipping them separately ? Did you order the home theatre set ? (Arc, Sub, One SLs) 

I have one package being delivered today, so hopefully the rest will be here by tomorrow 

Ohh! Did you order the bundle ? Or did you order the pieces separately? Just a little surprised that they ship the item in 3 packages separately vs all arriving all together. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Arc was delivered today. Sub is on the way. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ohh! Did you order the bundle ? Or did you order the pieces separately? Just a little surprised that they ship the item in 3 packages separately vs all arriving all together. 

Yes it was the bundle, but when you order it it tells you it comes in separate pieces but should all arrive within a couple days of each other 

I got the One SL’s yesterday, today I got the sub, so tomorrow I hope I get the arc

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sub came first for me, waiting on the other 2. Purolator seems to have picked up all 3 now. Sub was unceremoniously left at my door, no text, no doorbell ring, but I was home and the door camera went off. Just now I got an email saying my order was cancelled due to the whole MC debacle but it looks like that is just some delayed automated thing as everything looks fine when I log in to Sonos. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub came first for me, waiting on the other 2. Purolator seems to have picked up all 3 now. Sub was unceremoniously left at my door, no text, no doorbell ring, but I was home and the door camera went off. Just now I got an email saying my order was cancelled due to the whole MC debacle but it looks like that is just some delayed automated thing as everything looks fine when I log in to Sonos. 

Yeah, I know, it’s goofy.  I totally expected the sub first.  Last I checked, the Arc shipment that I received yesterday on the 25th was supposed to be delivered Nov. 30th.  The site still says I should get the sub tomorrow (27th).  The Arc was leaned up against the wall next to my front door on it’s end.  No knock but I happened to be sitting in the living room and saw them place it there.  Also, it was someone in a regular pickup truck that delivered it.  Purolator must be contracting out deliveries now...maybe for oversized packages or ones that are of higher value?  Unboxing experience was nice and I’ve already got the Arc up and running - piece of cake.  Happy now. :blush:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub showed up today. Stay strong all you still waiting...it’s worth waiting for...I’m very pleased with the Arc and Sub. Looks like it might be time to replace the Bose satellites and sun in the living room...

Badge

Sub showed up today. Stay strong all you still waiting...it’s worth waiting for...I’m very pleased with the Arc and Sub. Looks like it might be time to replace the Bose satellites and sun in the living room...

Super jealous!  All my kit was picked up on Saturday.  My Sub came on Sunday, SL’s on Monday, and Arc has been sitting with a Purolator contractor since Monday :smile: God I hope it comes tomorrow, this week feels as long as the last couple months 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub...not sun

Userlevel 1
Badge

FFS.  Damn Purolator (Puro much much later) after moving one of my packages from toronto, to missisagua, back to toronto, finally decided that the package they’ve had most of the week is ‘over-sized’ and will be delayed 4-7 days (on top of the existing delay?).  The third piece hasn’t had any updates but is apparently still at the toronto sort facility.  Do not ever use Purolator.  At this rate I’ll be damn lucky to see anything else before Christmas, while my lonely Sub is sitting there looking at me.  I was hoping that at least the Arc would show up even if I didn’t get the rear speakers right away at least I could start the process...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

FFS.  Damn Purolator (Puro much much later) after moving one of my packages from toronto, to missisagua, back to toronto, finally decided that the package they’ve had most of the week is ‘over-sized’ and will be delayed 4-7 days (on top of the existing delay?).  The third piece hasn’t had any updates but is apparently still at the toronto sort facility.  Do not ever use Purolator.  At this rate I’ll be damn lucky to see anything else before Christmas, while my lonely Sub is sitting there looking at me.  I was hoping that at least the Arc would show up even if I didn’t get the rear speakers right away at least I could start the process...

Fwiw...I have a sort depot about 5 mins from my house. I’m actually a fan of Purolator but their app and updates are lacklustre. My Arc was delivered by an independent contractor in their pickup truck...perhaps because of the package size.  The sub showed up the next day on a regular Purolator truck. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HT_Junkie it’s pretty tough to see that my package has probably been within 5 minutes of my house 2 or 3 times before they sent it back to another sort center to wait for some lull I guess that will allow them to send this ‘oversize’ package between now and Christmas.  The third package just got an update and may actually be delivered today - I assume with my current luck this will be the rear speakers.

The UPS dude is practically a member of our community here now which may colour my perception there.  The kids down the street actually had their Hallowe’en costume be the UPS truck and he came by on his deliveries and it was pretty cool.  He’s always taken care with people’s packages, drives carefully (stopped to make sure my dog was ok when she was spooked by his truck), etc.  I know this is one guy, and I haven’t had to deal with the company other than they actually have delivered our packages on time, ymmv.

Badge

I hear you - my Arc arrived at Ottawa sort center on Monday and was passed to Purolator subcontractor, no delivery all week, made an inquiry to Purolater yesterday who said it should have been delivered by now and would follow up, and now tonight its showing back at the sort center.  Maybe they are trying to beat the original Sonos wait time? Sigh