Arc Backorder Progress

If you bought you Arc online from Sonos, when did you order it and when did you finally receive it?  I ordered mid July and the anticipated ship date was July 24.  Now, the anticipated ship date for new orders is mid August.  I am wondering which order dates are currently being delivered.  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Canada here, ordered 10/3/2020, with shipments to start 10/16

Just tonight I was finally charged for the order and it switched from back order to “processing”!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have just emailed the CEO with a polite request that they make a statement on shipping delays, the lack of customer service and lack of notification of further delays.

I'm sure I won't get a direct reply however I simply asked for a statement on the delays so that all customers are aware why the delays are so long etc 

First, it's about transparency, which has been lacking from Sonos when it comes to the true cause of these delays.  I’m responsible for 3 large size manufacturing sites for medical devices in two continents and have fair breath of knowledge of MFG & Supply Chain over 25 years.

Agreed, the problem seems to be related to increased operating costs due to covid but instead of ramping up additional teams/resources to address the customer service/backlog issues, they’ve chosen to MFG with the reduce available capacity and even shift to higher volume products in the short term, hence the longer lead times.  It's not a lack of resources “perse”, more of a management decision to protect margins, at the expense of customer service, because they believe they can, and hide behind “Covid” as an excuse.

Short-sighted as as “we” the consumer, will only bear the wait for so long before looking at other competitors in this space as an alternate option.  I’ve already sampled a few components from others in this space and the technology gap between Sonos and “others” is closing.

I ordered from Sonos.com the black arc+Gen3 Sub 

On 10/13/2020 with expected shipment from 11/14/2020 . Today is that date and I have not been charged yet . Based in USA 
I’ll keep this updated -I hope we all get our units soon! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos Canada Order placed 10/3/2020

Was told it would ship starting 10/16/2020

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I got my shipping notification email today with tracking!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ordered Oct 5 here in Canada, Sonos attempted to process the order Nov. 20.  My credit card company thought a large online order from a company I had previously ordered from online was too suspicious and locked my card without contacting me first.  Hours spent just trying to get that sorted while also contacting Sonos to let them know what was going on and get the order in - finally late this afternoon the payment went through.  Phone support was great once I got them, and I got callbacks for the final resolution and one more from the original support person to make sure everything was fine - they were excellent.

I have yet to see tracking info yet but was promised by the same Sonos staff to expect it very soon - fingers crossed!

orderd mine on March 12th and just got it delivered today!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Yes - mine is due to ship on the 12th having been delayed from the 29th Feb, but it’s saying ‘temporarily out of stock’. I have found the apparent random changes from out of stock to backorder to be linked to wether it logs into the UK or US website when you type in Sonos to your web browser - the US one always says backorder. (i’m in the UK)

As others have pointed out in this thread - the problem Sonos has is it isn't very good at managing expectations - Apple are masters of this, when you make an order with them it will often quote a ridiculously long lead time and then deliver the next day - underpromise - overdeliver - no doubt a cynical ploy but at least you're happy with the result. I would be happier if Sonos just came clean and gave a realistic delivery time rather than a constant stream of unachievable best case dates. Clearly, delays in the delivery of my expensive Soundbar is something of a first world problem but its a bit irritating all the same .

Apparently the global chip shortage and the delays at the L.A. port (for U.S. order) are causing massive delays.  I ordered the ARC on February 6th. I’m hoping it ships end of February or beginning of March.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2021/02/the-huawei-ban-may-help-with-the-global-chip-shortage.html

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @ChrisHouseStark  yes that probably is part of the issue but I fear you are being very optimistic to receive yours by then when I ordered mine 30th December 2020 and they have so many backorders to fill.

Chip shortage sea container shortage reduced manufacturing due to covid restrictions, global logistics all play a part but what Sonos is doing by pushing back shipping a week at a time without explanation or email notifications to its customers is unforgivable.

A simple public statement on the website would at the very least give customers something to consider at the point of sale 

Badge

Just received my shipping confirmation. Yippee 

Hi @Musicmike69.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience, regarding your order you can freely call our sales team 1800-680-2345 to verify the status of your order.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Have you called your own phone number? Wait forever and receive no real answer. Just like your fatuous apology. 

Userlevel 1

Great news for you guys really pleased for you.Sonos must have had the Arcs in at last.

Say if its been worth the wait!.Im a man alone waiting now :(

So sorry to hear they messed up and cancelled your order, fingers crossed your reorder is quicker than they advised

The backorder time for the Sonos Arc is ridiculous, really no excuse for a 45 day+ backorder delay.  And don’t say it all due to Covid, which seems to be the running excuse for customer service issues.

Out of curious, what do you think the reason is?  I think it’s a combination of Sonos intentionally reducing the size of their inventory in order to cut costs, as well as COVID-19 delays in manufacturing and shipping.    I’m not sure what other reason their could be.

Bought the home theater system (arc, sub, 2 One SL) in white on 8/29; still shows back ordered on 10/1

Got a notification today that (10/5) that it is processing and my card was charged 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi All.

Welcome, just to share if you have any further questions or clarifications for your back order or late delivery

You can contact our sales team they are more than willing to answer all your inquiry.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

How about they just answer their emails or send out a periodic update for those sitting on a back order that’s over 2 weeks past the anticipated shipping date?

Userlevel 1

Canada order update for Nov 10th

Black Arc + Sub 10/9 with expected shipping date of 11/6 or later

- still shows as “backordered”

- I talked with Sales team and they said it should be going out at the end of this week 10/13 unless they receive less inventory than expected

- they are getting the arc shipments weekly

Crossing fingers it doesn’t get pushed to the following week’s shipment!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I hadn’t bothered calling until today given how much this thread has gone so far (order 10/5 Canada, full arc/sub/one SL kit) but I just spoke to someone who claims the Mississauga warehouse should be getting stock today/Monday and orders should ship out within a day to people in Ontario after that - middle to late next week for delivery here is claimed.  Since I am literally 10 minutes from Mississauga hopefully this comes through soon.  Series X is here already.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I hadn’t bothered calling until today given how much this thread has gone so far (order 10/5 Canada, full arc/sub/one SL kit) but I just spoke to someone who claims the Mississauga warehouse should be getting stock today/Monday and orders should ship out within a day to people in Ontario after that - middle to late next week for delivery here is claimed.  Since I am literally 10 minutes from Mississauga hopefully this comes through soon.  Series X is here already.

Thanks for the recon Joxer.  That’s good news.  Fingers crossed they’re not just feeding you a line but I feel like it would be legit based on a lot of the other timing going on.  I’m also close to Mississauga so hopefully it’ll be next day after it finally ships.  Next week would be great.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Good news and bad news.  Order moved to processing, but for some reason the bank has declined the transaction ‘for security reasons’.  I will have to go in person to a branch to straighten this mess out now as they’ve locked out the account even from the credit card company people themselves.  Not what I was expecting after waiting since Oct 5.

That’s disappointing. Sorry to hear that. I notice Sonos has a sale on now. I wonder if we’ll be charged the sale price if / when our orders finally ship. I didn’t have a promo code...would be nice way for them to say sorry for the wait...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Arc was delivered today. Sub is on the way. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos Canada Order placed 10/3/2020

Was told it would ship starting 10/16/2020

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Nice ! How come they are shipping them separately ? Did you order the home theatre set ? (Arc, Sub, One SLs) 

Yes, ordered the full home theatre set.

I have one package being delivered today, so hopefully the rest will be here by tomorrow 

Ohh! Did you order the bundle ? Or did you order the pieces separately? Just a little surprised that they ship the item in 3 packages separately vs all arriving all together. 

Yes it was the bundle, but when you order it it tells you it comes in separate pieces but should all arrive within a couple days of each other 

I got the One SL’s yesterday, today I got the sub, so tomorrow I hope I get the arc

Badge

Sub showed up today. Stay strong all you still waiting...it’s worth waiting for...I’m very pleased with the Arc and Sub. Looks like it might be time to replace the Bose satellites and sun in the living room...

Super jealous!  All my kit was picked up on Saturday.  My Sub came on Sunday, SL’s on Monday, and Arc has been sitting with a Purolator contractor since Monday :smile: God I hope it comes tomorrow, this week feels as long as the last couple months 

Expected delivery at that time was April 16th.