Arc Backorder Progress

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HT_Junkie @StrongmanAC Wow, quite an explosion of replies here but seems mainly from third party resellers.  I waited on the phone to complain to Purolator on Saturday about a 4-7 delay they put on the Arc (Ordered Oct 5, order cleared Nov 23, received the Sub 25th, One SL 27th) while I put together the stands/One SLs.  I have no idea if it made any difference, probably not, but my Arc came at 9:30 this morning (Monday Nov 30).

The deliver guy was actually standing at the door filling in details not the toss and run of the other items as well.

I did encounter long wait times for my initial contacts with the support at Sonos, but I had a crazy issue with my card, they really went the extra mile to help get it sorted, called me back twice (two separate support people), and in general were just fantastic.  I wasn’t happy about the initial delays but I have nothing but good things to say about the Sonos team.  Now I’ll get this setup sometime tonight and will no doubt be on other threads asking my newbie questions on various subjects ;-).

Hi @pchump502.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

For follow-up orders, it would be better if you contact directly our sales team since we don't have access to check the status of your order here in the community.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I tried this a week ago, filled out the message with my order details, and have heard nothing back from the sales team. Some feedback information, even bad, is better than none at all.  

Badge

Anyone here purchase through Visions Electronics in Canada? 

I purchased an Arc order in Sept 2020 at the time I was told to expect 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Further to frustrations with it not arriving to date I spoke with the location manager. He’s feeding a line that Sonos hasn’t sent any stock to Visions since July 2020. It seems very unreasonable that Sonos would not be sending stock to vendors who have placed orders/ sold purchases for several months, but yet have been fulfilling orders to other vendors/ web sales that were placed weeks to months after.

Can anyone from Sonos address this concern with something other then to speak with Visions who is clearly blaming Sonos at the moment for under delivering. 

Sincerely a very frustrated customer.

I have finally had some feedback from my contact with the sales team, no reasons just that the expected availability for the Black Arc is now 29th January :astonished:

No other detail, the only saving grace is that they haven’t taken the money upfront.
Not very impressed that it has taken 10 days for the little nugget of information to come through. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Jeffrey_35 

Try this to determine what is being delivered:

1. Log on to Sonos site and click ORDERS under your profile
  2. Click a TRACKING NUMBER
  3. Scroll down under STATUS to the shipper (FedEx)
  4. Click the TRACKING NUMBER
  5. Click SHIPMENT FACTS
  6. The results for WEIGHT and/or DIMENSIONS should provide a clue as to what's in the box via deduction

Cheers!

I have finally had some feedback from my contact with the sales team, no reasons just that the expected availability for the Black Arc is now 29th January :astonished:

No other detail, the only saving grace is that they haven’t taken the money upfront.
Not very impressed that it has taken 10 days for the little nugget of information to come through. 

And now as if by the power of Greyskull I have shipping info with an ETA for delivery on the 21st Dec. 

If wish they had come back to me more quickly in the first instance or put the ETA on the order system, but I’m guessing that the 29th January date had set my expectations so low that now I am actually pleased! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7

For what it’s worth  I’ll add my thoughts to this conversation. 2020 manufacturing and shipment of goods have been constrained for many companies due to the pandemic...not just Sonos. 

That said when Sonos shows a “ship by date” of “X” the buyer knows what to expect if they decide to buy direct. However, Sonos might due a better job of keeping the customer informed of the shipment progress by doing a bit more than just showing “back ordered” on the customer order page. 

Sonos to be more customer friendly to those that have taken the leap to order a product on backorder might indicate something like this “Original ship by date is still  anticipated as stated at the time of your order. If circumstances occur to alter that date they will be noted here.  Thank you for business”.

IMO a statement similar to the above would make this thread unnecessary. Then again some people will complain no matter what.

FYI, I have an Arc on backorder as well...however I don’t remember the “ship by date” that was in effect at the time of my order. I should have taken care to make note of it. Oh well..my oversight 😫

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ordered Arc 4th Jan with shipping date of 29th Jan. on 27th of Jan received an email saying shipping delayed until 5th of Feb. Today received another email saying shipping delayed until 12 of Feb. 
I will contact customer service tomorrow 

Very similar time frame to my post please let me know if you get any more information from calling them.

@AjTrek1  Fully appreciate your post and agree it cannot be easy negotiating the various steps involved logically.

My main gripe is giving customers insufficient or even worse late notification of these shipping date changes is exceeding bad business practice. 

If you cannot give an accurate time frame surely its better to over estimate or at least provide a estimated window like 8 to 10 weeks. Customers are then less likely to become frustrated.

I’m in the same boat, ordered the 1st Jan, expected date was the 29th, got pushed back to the 5th Feb & now it’s been delayed until 12th. It’s frustrating, but I don’t mind waiting, I mean I know I’m still going to get one and I know I’m ‘close’ to the front the queue.

However I would prefer a honest response from Sonos instead of bumping it back by a week each time. It’s just disappointing to get that “sorry your order has been delayed” email. I think this tactic can be damage to their brand, and perhaps they should rethink how they communicate shipping delays to their new customers. 

On the comment of other manufacturers and delays, I ordered a Sony TV from Richer Sounds during the Black Friday sales (end of Nov), it didn’t arrived until the 23rd Dec. Yeah other companies are having issues. RS were very honest and up front when I ordered, they said they had 13 orders for that tv and were expecting 25 before the end of Dec. 

Being honest with the customer creates a better customer relationship. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

When my Sub and ones were shipped I noticed pending payment activity on my bank account earlier in the day. Today so far no such activity and like all above no usual notifications about delays so maybe by the end of the day who can say.

The fulfilment Centre must be made aware prior to receiving it whether ots going to reach them in time or not. If not to let customers know.

Badge

The yodel was delivery was something else (my free BrewDog larger 😂)

I phoned up the sales team and I’ve been informed that some of the Arc’s orders have shipped today, but mine hasn’t due to the size of backlog and the capacity of the warehouse. I’ve been told my order will now ship on Monday and I should look out for the payment from my account, as they do that before issuing a tracking number apparently. 

Well isn’t that weird, my yodel delivery was my free BrewDog lager and my arc was due to ship today having been delayed twice!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I sent a message to support yesterday asking them to confirm it would ship today and at this time had no reply.

@Easen  all  I can do at this stage is hope mine will also ship on Monday 

Does anyone else have any other news on todays shipping or are we all waiting on a possible Monday shipping?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I sent a message to support yesterday asking them to confirm it would ship today and at this time had no reply.

@Easen  all  I can do at this stage is hope mine will also ship on Monday 

Does anyone else have any other news on todays shipping or are we all waiting on a possible Monday shipping?

Likewise - and not a peep back. Business day has passed now in the UK no communication either way. Assuming it is delayed again. Poor customer service. 

Yeah, it’s not good. I noticed that Sonos’s CEO’s email is there on the contact us page if you want to let him know. I doubt you’ll get it quicker by sending him an email mind 😉, but I think he might be interested in knowing how badly they have handled setting our expectations etc. 

email sent with link to this thread. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. They can do better and he’s surely the one to sort it - systemically rather than for this point example granted. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

So, are they inept, or have a perverse sense of humour emailing customers who’ve already ordered an Arc and awaiting backorder ….. this 🤣. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Looking back at earlier messages on here I think its pretty global @ChrisHouseStark but id like to hear about any US customers still waiting.

The main point is Sonos setting expectations and then moving the finish line multiple times without explanation or even telling customers they have moved the shipping date.

It is also ridiculous that Sonos own fulfilment center does not even know the day before shipping whether they themselves will receive stock!! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

CEO Patrick Spence didn’t seem too concerned about customer anger regarding shortages and logistics problems. 

Sonos CEO on how the company worked around supply chain challenges (cnbc.com)

WOW! OK well he seems happy with it. I'm pretty sure he doesn't see in any great detail the real world experiences of his customers and is shielded by many layers of management telling him what he wants to hear  

Agree with what everyone is saying.

Strange we have to rely on other sonos buyers experience with delivery to know the true story on when we can expect to get our deliveries!

Its been sold out in all Uk shops (online) for ages.If John Lewis (for example) had them back in I would get straight away from them.Only problem is Sonos would make a mess of cancelling my order no doubt!.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I cant quite believe it but I just checked my order status and it now says processing!

I will keep you posted once I get more info. Hope you guys are seeing processing too or will do in the next 24hrs.

Userlevel 1

yes, mine has changed to processing too!...no idea how long it takes to get from processing to shipping but fingers crossed not too long now! 

My Arc was ordered 10th Jan

Badge

Mine too, Processing and pending transaction on my card. Ordered 4th of Jan.

Badge

Black for me too, ordered 12 Jan. Nothing on the order status or credit card but I did have a reply from support saying hopefully tomorrow.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ordered early July, shop says they hope to get a shipment mid of September that will be send out to customers by order date.

I expect the delays probably have to do something with the bad reviews impacting the design and or production process. Can’t think of any other reason and covid is a weak excuse as we see no comparable issues for other brands.

Badge

Whoop whoop, arc processing. 

Prow94. I ordered mine on August 9th and it is tracking on fedex to arrive tomorrow.