Arc Backorder Progress

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

288 replies

Badge +1

These last few days are the worst part of the entire wait. I talked to sales support this morning and he said they should ship mine out in the next couple days. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My credit card just got charged! Hopefully this is the end game...

Any change to order status?

Dispatch Acknowledged / Processing

Any update Strongman?  Have you received your order yet or at least tracking?

Some good news to share! Shipping information recieved Saturday for 3 deliveries (Arc/Sub/2xSL bundle) with Purolator, got the SL’s yesterday, have a second delivery scheduled today and another for tomorrow.  Hopefully yours is as quick HT_Junkie (not that anything else about this has been quick lol)

Excellent. Tracking tells me to expect delivery November 27th.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos Canada Order placed 10/3/2020

Was told it would ship starting 10/16/2020

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Nice ! How come they are shipping them separately ? Did you order the home theatre set ? (Arc, Sub, One SLs) 

Yes, ordered the full home theatre set.

I have one package being delivered today, so hopefully the rest will be here by tomorrow 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My credit card just got charged! Hopefully this is the end game...

Any change to order status?

Dispatch Acknowledged / Processing

Any update Strongman?  Have you received your order yet or at least tracking?

Some good news to share! Shipping information recieved Saturday for 3 deliveries (Arc/Sub/2xSL bundle) with Purolator, got the SL’s yesterday, have a second delivery scheduled today and another for tomorrow.  Hopefully yours is as quick HT_Junkie (not that anything else about this has been quick lol)

Excellent. Tracking tells me to expect delivery November 27th.

Checked it again just now...now it’s saying one piece will arrive on the 27th and the next on the 30th...56 days after ordering. No word on whether they’ll honor the current sale pricing...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Checked it again just now...now it’s saying one piece will arrive on the 27th and the next on the 30th...56 days after ordering. No word on whether they’ll honor the current sale pricing...

Well, I didn’t get my tracking yet but I did ask for the holiday pricing and have received email on that request going through - $150CDN + tax, 10-15 days to process.  Also after yelling at MasterCard they’ve given me 100 AirMiles and were able to credit back nearly $50 in unrelated interest charges.  

Sonos Canada Order placed 10/3/2020

Was told it would ship starting 10/16/2020

FINALLY got an email tonight letting me know it has shipped. Should get 2 packages 11/26 and the last package 11/27.

Nice ! How come they are shipping them separately ? Did you order the home theatre set ? (Arc, Sub, One SLs) 

Yes, ordered the full home theatre set.

I have one package being delivered today, so hopefully the rest will be here by tomorrow 

Ohh! Did you order the bundle ? Or did you order the pieces separately? Just a little surprised that they ship the item in 3 packages separately vs all arriving all together. 

Badge

Hi guys 

what’s your latest arc order movements / 

mid feb here in Ireland I was checking stock local and Sonos , none …..as u could imagine ,

retailers here have the white , but black is like hens teeth …..

sonos site says ships approx one month after ordering (this from mid feb for me  )

I Ordered from main Sonos site for expected delivery of 7th  may one week ago 

guys who ordered there’s feb get them in March ?

online retailers here are now saying 

“ will NOT be back in stick for forsewabke future “

doesn't sound good !  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sub came first for me, waiting on the other 2. Purolator seems to have picked up all 3 now. Sub was unceremoniously left at my door, no text, no doorbell ring, but I was home and the door camera went off. Just now I got an email saying my order was cancelled due to the whole MC debacle but it looks like that is just some delayed automated thing as everything looks fine when I log in to Sonos. 

It’s a fairly common thing across all devices that use computer chips. Companies like Apple, Ford, and Tesla, to name just a few, are equally being hit by the current chip shortage caused by both issues where the chips are manufactured, and the ongoing shipping issues caused by the pandemic. If the chips aren’t for sale, Sonos can’t buy them in order to make their own speakers.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub came first for me, waiting on the other 2. Purolator seems to have picked up all 3 now. Sub was unceremoniously left at my door, no text, no doorbell ring, but I was home and the door camera went off. Just now I got an email saying my order was cancelled due to the whole MC debacle but it looks like that is just some delayed automated thing as everything looks fine when I log in to Sonos. 

Yeah, I know, it’s goofy.  I totally expected the sub first.  Last I checked, the Arc shipment that I received yesterday on the 25th was supposed to be delivered Nov. 30th.  The site still says I should get the sub tomorrow (27th).  The Arc was leaned up against the wall next to my front door on it’s end.  No knock but I happened to be sitting in the living room and saw them place it there.  Also, it was someone in a regular pickup truck that delivered it.  Purolator must be contracting out deliveries now...maybe for oversized packages or ones that are of higher value?  Unboxing experience was nice and I’ve already got the Arc up and running - piece of cake.  Happy now. :blush:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub showed up today. Stay strong all you still waiting...it’s worth waiting for...I’m very pleased with the Arc and Sub. Looks like it might be time to replace the Bose satellites and sun in the living room...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sub showed up today. Stay strong all you still waiting...it’s worth waiting for...I’m very pleased with the Arc and Sub. Looks like it might be time to replace the Bose satellites and sun in the living room...

Sub...not sun

I suggest that people post location, date of purchased, ship date. 

USA

Ordered March 29th

Shipped April 9th 

Userlevel 1
Badge

FFS.  Damn Purolator (Puro much much later) after moving one of my packages from toronto, to missisagua, back to toronto, finally decided that the package they’ve had most of the week is ‘over-sized’ and will be delayed 4-7 days (on top of the existing delay?).  The third piece hasn’t had any updates but is apparently still at the toronto sort facility.  Do not ever use Purolator.  At this rate I’ll be damn lucky to see anything else before Christmas, while my lonely Sub is sitting there looking at me.  I was hoping that at least the Arc would show up even if I didn’t get the rear speakers right away at least I could start the process...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

FFS.  Damn Purolator (Puro much much later) after moving one of my packages from toronto, to missisagua, back to toronto, finally decided that the package they’ve had most of the week is ‘over-sized’ and will be delayed 4-7 days (on top of the existing delay?).  The third piece hasn’t had any updates but is apparently still at the toronto sort facility.  Do not ever use Purolator.  At this rate I’ll be damn lucky to see anything else before Christmas, while my lonely Sub is sitting there looking at me.  I was hoping that at least the Arc would show up even if I didn’t get the rear speakers right away at least I could start the process...

Fwiw...I have a sort depot about 5 mins from my house. I’m actually a fan of Purolator but their app and updates are lacklustre. My Arc was delivered by an independent contractor in their pickup truck...perhaps because of the package size.  The sub showed up the next day on a regular Purolator truck. 

Badge

I suggest that people post location, date of purchased, ship date. 

USA

Ordered March 29th

Shipped April 9th 

Thnks for your reply 

i was about to order mine around that date and estimated shipping was about 28th of April  I think 

left it a few days to order and shipping slipped a full week to 5th may 

was your expected delivery around end of April …

if so maybe we dont have to wait a full month for shipping 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HT_Junkie it’s pretty tough to see that my package has probably been within 5 minutes of my house 2 or 3 times before they sent it back to another sort center to wait for some lull I guess that will allow them to send this ‘oversize’ package between now and Christmas.  The third package just got an update and may actually be delivered today - I assume with my current luck this will be the rear speakers.

The UPS dude is practically a member of our community here now which may colour my perception there.  The kids down the street actually had their Hallowe’en costume be the UPS truck and he came by on his deliveries and it was pretty cool.  He’s always taken care with people’s packages, drives carefully (stopped to make sure my dog was ok when she was spooked by his truck), etc.  I know this is one guy, and I haven’t had to deal with the company other than they actually have delivered our packages on time, ymmv.

Badge

I hear you - my Arc arrived at Ottawa sort center on Monday and was passed to Purolator subcontractor, no delivery all week, made an inquiry to Purolater yesterday who said it should have been delivered by now and would follow up, and now tonight its showing back at the sort center.  Maybe they are trying to beat the original Sonos wait time? Sigh

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just to have something to do I set up the pair of One SL and the Sub, hooked up the Sonos app to music services etc. I have the stands for the SLs do I could also get those put together.

I saw somewhere that packages over 120cm may be considered ‘oversize’ and the Arc looks to be 20x22x130cm or roughly 8x8x51 inches. Just over 4 feet long but pretty compact in other dimensions and not too heavy. Doesn't seem worth shuttling it back and forth to just deliver it at some magical point in the future. 

As a custom installer I purchase through distibution. I have had the Arc, Sub and Amps on order for months with multiple suppliers and have not been able to fill any of my customers orders due to Sonos stocking issues. I have had customers cancel orders because they do not want to wait any longer. I have lost thousands due to the ongoing delays. I (We) would appreciate an honest answer not the canned responses I see as to when we can expect to see product instock and shipping. 

I ordered  my arc,sub and ones on Nov 8th and at that time said shipping Dec. 8th.  This afternoon i  went from backorder to order processsing to shipped with tracking numbers  in 2 hours 

Finally went from backorder to processing yesterday to shipped today with 3 tracking numbers within 24 hours. Super excited !! FYI - Located in Canada, BC

Userlevel 1

Update here.  Recieved notification from Sonos that my arc and sub would arrive on Nov 27th.

Purolator then said nov 30th.  

30th rolled around and only the sub showed.  I think here the dimensions of the arc made it special delivery, and it ended up showing Dec 2nd...  So just about 55 days since the order.  Thankfully I held out on the surround ones, and have picked those up for black Friday.  My discount code was better overall then the deal for arc+sub alone.  

Good luck to all who are waiting.  SO Happy I went with the sub too!

I ordered  my arc,sub and ones on Nov 8th and at that time said shipping Dec. 8th.  This afternoon i  went from backorder to order processsing to shipped with tracking numbers  in 2 hours 

Update-- Typical bad luck for me   shipped nov 30   scheduled delivery to NY 12/7   2 of the 3 boxes are 40 miles from my house and 1 box  hasnt updated on Fed ex site since 12/1 and still says its in California  :(

Ordered 5.1.2 set in white on Nov 27th for delivery in PA, it got shipped today on Dec 8th. Got 3 tracking numbers, estimated delivery is Dec 11th.