Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

same issue on ARC & Q95T.

I have noticed two things:-

1) As noted during the issue, I have always lost the Sonos signal from the EARC source. I.e. I don't see the Sonos picture anymore, if I change to the Sonos source.

2) a quick unplug and replug of the HDMI cable from the ARC fixes the issue.

Might be worth checking these two issues/fixes to confirm same issue?

Same thing with EARC, but if I set to off, I still get Atmos and all works okay, until the above issue occurs every few days.

And this one

I will verify today, I did not verify the atmos sound. 

I have a 2022 75” Frame and Arc. Only happened twice in the past month but annoying nonetheless. Sound will suddenly drop out. Have to reset One box and unplug eArc to get sound bar to working again.

Was there ever a determination on wether this was sonos issue or Samsung? And how to fix?

Has anyone tried the new firmware update from Samsung that was released on Feb 24?  The new firmware is 1462.1

I just noticed it in the Samsung website.  I have the 2020 Frame 55 inch tv.  I will also give it a try tonight.

I have the same issue with Arc connected to Samsung Frame 2020 and eArc (Auto) -> no sound.

But having switched Samsung eArc to off - format to auto - dolby-atmos to on -

i get dolby atmos sound (also dolby atmos logo on S2 app) while playing e.g Jack Ryan UHD/dolby atmos via amazon prime app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have downloaded the latest Samsung update on my TV and disconnected the optical cable from the Arc to the TV. I then inserted the hdmi cable from the Arc to the Samsung TV e-arc and sound including Atmos now works without lipsync problems with the Sky Q and for Netflix etc. Hooray!

this is how it works at the moment. i will now test it over a longer period of time. Thank you

Samsung Frame 2020 75” and Sonos Arc.  I’ve updated the TV to the latest firmware downloaded from Samsung’s support site using a USB drive.  Still the same stuttering problem.

I have a Sonos Playbase and it works perfectly with this TV.

Will Sonos help me or return/refund my Arc?

Sonos app version 13.0 downloaded yesterday.

Tv updated to 1497.0

No sound problems. 

What I really like about the new app is that you can easily see the sound output of your system. Previously you could only see Dolby atmos. 

(I know you could also see the same info in system/about my system, but it's much easier - "cleaner" now)

Is this issue solved, i sat that firmware for the Frame has solved it? I am about to but a Frame and sonos arc…. but holding off

Follow-up sounds keeps dropping even after switching off eArc… I am returning it back to store tomorrow and buying Samsung.

i am very disappointed.

Userlevel 1

just4info:

There’s a new firmware upgrade on the Samsung support page for the q90t/q95t series...1302.4..dated 14.07.

dont know if it solves any problems, didn’t find the time to update yet..

No, it doesn't solve the problem. I've installed it.

Same problem. Samuns the Frame 2020 and Sonos ARC setup. So annoying. Randomly occuring since initial ARC release. This should be fixed ASAP please.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My further testing was short :( As soon as I started the TV, the cutting sound was back :(

I guess the reason why it was fine before, was because I switched the cable back into the eARC channel. The similar way that some people had to restart the Sonos for it to work. 

Hi all,

A quick note from our dev team:

We are aware and monitoring an issue when connecting Sonos Arc to late model Samsung TVs via eARC. We are working closely with Samsung to resolve this and will share more as available.

All the best,

Ditte

@Ditte Is there any way to escalate this critical issue? This impacts many people and it’s been at least 6 months that it has been reported.

Currently, to fix the sound skipping, I have to unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable from my Sonos Arc to temporarily fix the issue and I have to do it every day which is quite annoying.

An update would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

exactly my words. Why not generally release the update ? Is there a compromise with other functionalities with this patch ?

Speculation: this is a work-around for whatever Samsung is doing wrong, and it doesn’t work with everyone else (who are doing things correctly with eARC), therefore cannot be pushed to everyone. I assume Sonos are waiting for Samsung to push the real fix to everyone’s TVs.

I updated Samsung Frame Firmware last week to 1462.1 and it made problem worse.

Updated Sonos 13.0 when it came out 2 days ago and it’s all been working perfectly.  Knock on wood.

I use Netflix, Prime and Disney+ built into the Frame and also an external Rogers Cable box.

Sonos patched both my Arcs a week ago and the issues have completely gone. I’ve got a 55” and 75” Frame 2020 that had issues but since the patch, I’ve not had to restart the Arcs and re-enabled eArc and Atmos on the Frames. Best of all, my wife has now stopped threatening to “throw those bloody sound bars out the window”.

it took Sonos a wee while to get this sorted, but very happy to see they’ve managed to figure it out. Support were great, they called me and walked through the upgrade, was sorted in 15 minutes.

I got a Sonos Arc, a sub, and two satellites in December.  With our new 2020 Samsung 65” Frame TV it never worked, sound cutting in and out constantly.  In the beginning I spent way too much money on HDMI cables trying to get stable audio.  Eventually I did an online chat with Sonos support, learned that the “Check for updates” in the Samsung menu is useless, downloaded and applied a firmware update available on the Samsung website, and still no joy.

Monday I called Sonos support and spent about an hour and 40 minutes on the phone going through lots of “try this-es” and various intervals on hold.  Just after 8:30 EST she told me my case would be escalated and I would get an email.  Sonos has a nice system for this, I used the web link they provided to schedule a call-back which I got last night.  At exactly the scheduled time I got a call and within 15 to 20 minutes my Arc was updated with their patch.  The difference was immediate, no more audio drop-outs verified by continued functionality today.  For the first time in two months it works as it should.

The customer care engineer wondered aloud how many other manufacturer’s devices were experiencing similar problems with the Samsung Frame.  He commented that Samsung had non implemented the HDMI-CEC specification correctly and that this Sonos patch was a work around (something to do with disabling the screen saver on the HDMI channel, the black-and-white pattern you can see if you ever switch the TV to the eArc port).  He took diagnostic dumps before and after the patch, said that Samsung was interested in any information about this issue that they could acquire.

As of now mine is working as it should.  No one likes spending over an hour on the phone with tech. support but I do understand the necessity of pre-qualifying whether or not to escalate an issue or not.  First level support does need to document this requirement and yes, no one likes to spend their evening doing so.  For me it was worth it.

Despite the problems I did find Sonos support to be excellent.  Both online and by phone, they do spend the time with you.  I never did contact Samsung support, it looked like quite a wall to climb to get there.

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

Any updates here?

Hi all,

A quick note from our dev team:

We are aware and monitoring an issue when connecting Sonos Arc to late model Samsung TVs via eARC. We are working closely with Samsung to resolve this and will share more as available.

All the best,

Ditte

Sonos customer service informed me Monday that their products (all of them, according to the CSR I spoke to) do not work with Samsung Frame TVs.

Bought a Beam and 2020 Samsung Frame TV for my parents last November.  Never was able to get the two connected via HDMI.  Called Sonos then was told that it wouldn’t work but to use the optical connection.  That worked for seven months when the volume would max out when increasing the volume by one with the Samsung remote.  I could see the volume increasing on its own through the Sonos App, which was the only way to turn the volume down.  After which the remote would no longer be able to change the volume. 

When I called Sonos about this issue, I was told that there was nothing they could do; that Sonos products do not work with this line of televisions.  Nice they couldn’t tell me that last year when I could have returned the sound bar and got something that actually worked for my parents.

Very disappointed in Sonos.  They have lost me as a customer.  Will be recommending to everyone I know not to buy Sonos going forward.   

Hey everyone, I would suggest to email the CEO directly to raise this issue: ceo@sonos.com

Hopefully he will provide more transparency on the issue so far. The more he’s aware about this, the more chance we have to get it fixed!

I thought everything was sorted perfectly.    About a month ago I get home from being away for winter, my system was installed when I was gone. Updated Sonos and Samsung, and the system worked flawlessly for weeks.    I then used the Sonia system one night to play music from my phone.   Since then, the TV won’t recognize the Sonia at all.   In expert settings I go and turn on eArc, it shows TV Receiver with no sound for about 5 seconds, then changes itself back to tv speaker.     What the heck!?!?.      Has anyone recently spoken to Sonia support?

I have a 2022 75” Frame and Arc. Only happened twice in the past month but annoying nonetheless. Sound will suddenly drop out. Have to reset One box and unplug eArc to get sound bar to working again.

Was there ever a determination on wether this was sonos issue or Samsung? And how to fix?

My recollection is that Samsung issued a firmware update. I think ‘perhaps’ the issue is with something else connected to the TV and is stealing the CEC focus away from the Sonos HT - hence the suggestion to switch off CEC control on those ‘other’ products (one at a time) to try to discover if that is the case and then just leave it switched off for whichever one is causing the issue.