Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

Follow-up sounds keeps dropping even after switching off eArc… I am returning it back to store tomorrow and buying Samsung.

i am very disappointed.

So its been close to 5 days. No drops and No issues with the Arc. I have taken it a step further and installed a New Google ChromeCast Sabrina, and within the Sabrina I have Activated the ATMOS option on the Chromecast. The Engineer with Samnsung has been monitoring the Data Between the SONOS and the One connect and there have Been ZERO drops. Nothing. 

Initially it had been an Issue also, that Any other outside devices with attached to the HDMI’s have been an issue. So Devices needed to be unplugged.  That seems to no. longer be an issue. 

So things We have done as so far in order:

-Updated the software to 1401.2 (Problem Persisted) 

-Replaced the One Connect box. (Problem still persisted) 

-Unplugged all the devices from One box, Not the Arc (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Eng Installed Sub-micom Version 1006T to the System. (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Reset One Connect and problems stopped. 

From what I understand the Sub-micom Version 1006T was not updated with the 1402 update. Don’t know why But I have installed the Arc via Earc to a 2020 Lg Gallery, and it has worked perfectly. Just did that today. This seem this a Samsung issue. The Engineer is a SUPER nice guy and wants to help. But I totally understand that he doesn’t and CAN’T say this is a SAMSUNG issue.. But it is. This in my Opinion is not an ARC issue. On top of this. SONOS is sending me a NEW ARC on Monday. Guess Im Test Rat from Both SONOS and SAMSUNG. 

I’ll keep you updated.   

@Marlina - how did you get to this Wizzard  engineer, by calling some number? Or writing to some support email?

So many thanks for all your help!!!!

Warm regards

Nik (Prague, EU)

Badge +3

Hi!
Have 75” Frame and Sonos Cinema (ARC, Sub, One SL’s).
Everything was perfecto, but today I have sound off issues. Try to fix it by HDMI cable interchange. But I hope Sonos cable have to be good. After that will switch to Optical… 

Video when sound was fine:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIv8Y1IB3rO/

Hello again,

i have read that the hd fury Can solved this issus sounds Cut off please let me know????

Try unplugging the power to the Arc and plugging it back in. Leave all the settings on auto including EARC. Worked for me for now, and better than spending $300 on another piece of tech.  

This has become the most disappointing entertainment purchasing experience.

I requested a callback from Samsung over a week ago and have received no response.

Have been eagerly waiting for update about a final fix for months on this thread from Ditte or other Samsung official. Spoke with someone from Sonos a few days ago and though I think they sincerely made attempts to help me, I was told there was no solution for the problem of sound cutting in and out on my Sonos Arc connected to my 2020 Samsung Frame.

Though I do think most of blame goes to Samsung for this connectivity issue, I do think that the cost of these devices and highly regarded reputation of both companies should have led to solution for this months ago. Feels like it it going completely unnoticed by both parties

Although I didn’t want it to come to this, I’m afraid I’ll end up requesting a full refund of my Sonos equipment because of this poor performance with combined devices. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No idea, one of the original posters on here about eARC. Gave up and switched to an LG GX and never looked back. No eARC issues. Dolby Vision. Hope Samsung resolve this issue but it's over two months since I raised it so not looking good.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Cosimo F,

If you’re still experiencing this issue with your Frame TV and Sonos Arc, I would encourage you to reach out again to our customer care team to get the patch applied as it may not have been available when you contacted them the first time.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

If there’s a patch, why weren’t customers notified? Surely this is widespread enough to warrant broad communication. 

And another…………   Really annoying

Here are my findings after having updated the Q80T, Apple TV 4K and Sonos firmware:

Lip syncing issues only fixed by:

• TV set to E-arc Auto
  • Delay to zero on Sky Q, Q80T and Apple TV 4K
  • Q80T set to passthrough and Atmos compatibility on

The next day (with no changes to setup) the sound kept cutting out, the only fix for me was to unplug the Arc and plug back in again, no lip syncing problems again and this has only happened once so far.

I've not yet experienced Atmos via SKY Q (shown in Sonos App when output)

Neither via the Apple TV app on Q80T, but I get Atmos using my physical Apple TV 4K

Also watching a Atmos video on YouTube does not output Atmos via the Q80T or Apple TV 4K youtube app?

Alexa very sensitive on the Arc, often overtaking Alexa in another room.

Grouping all downstairs Sonos speakers when listening to radio and switching the TV on automatically unpairs the Arc and Sub and reverts to outputting the source sound which works well.

I too am having the exact same problems. I own a 65” Frame (2020) and the Arc. 

Looking forward to an update. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks. I will keep an eye on this thread. 

Badge

I found a workaround: I deactivate Anynet. Then I use only the TV speakers, which I prefer with the usual TV stuff, which is mainly talks, where IMHO the Arc does not a good job. If there is a movie, where I want to have the full sound, I activate Anynet, and the Arc drops in with no sound issues. This issue only appears, if the TV is switched on with activated Anynet.

If Anynet always stays activated, it just needs to toggle the Dolby Atmos setting. Neither the status itself, nor the eARC setting has an impact.

Looks like your solution is basically to not use the Arc.  Sonos, fix this issue!!

Badge

I spoke to support last night and they repeatedly said it was a Samsung issue and denied any patch then eventually after I repeatedly referred to this forum said that you have to be in the beta program to get the patch/next version early.  Crazy after this amount of time of knowing of the issue ! 

Last weekend I (living in the Netherlands) received the Sonos Arc and the Samsung Frame 65” (65LS03T). I've updated the Frame firmware with version 1402.6. After this I could use eARC and play movies with Dolby Atmos. 

However, when I turn the TV + Sonos on (after it being of for the night or just few minutes), there is the breaking sounds for a few seconds at a time. Only after a complete poweroff / disconnect the power the sound is back to normal (and then, everything works like a charm). Hope Samsung comes with a few, or even Sonos for that matter - not sure whom to blame :-)  

This is a work around that works for me when the Sound shut off and on every few seconds

From TV > Setting > Sound > Expert Sertings.

In this page, perform the folowing:

1. HDMI-eARC Mode > Off

2. Dolby Atmos Compatibility > Unchecked

One you are done these steps, the sound should be on. However, we are not in HDMI-eARC and Dolby Atmos.

To turn the Dolby Atmos and HDMI-eARC, follow the exact order:

From TV > Setting > Sound > Expert Sertings. 

In this page, perform the following steps

1. Dolby Atmos Compatibility > Checked

Wait for about 10 seconds

2. HDMI-eARC Mode > Auto

After complete these steps, the sound should be on with Dolby Atmos and HDMI-eARC.

This solution does not fix the issue permanently. It might come back the next day. Then you have do these steps over again. 

My system configuration

The Frame 50 Inch, Firmware 1460

ARC, Sub (3rd), One SL.Firmware: Latest

I experienced this for the first time last night on my Q90T + Arc. Sound suddenly cut out when e-Arc was enabled; only way to get any sound at all was to disable e-Arc on the TV (which caused audio delay issues with my Xbox as the passthrough option was then greyed out).

Unplugged the Arc to no avail - only thing that worked was power-cycling the TV. Once I did this, I was able to re-enable e-Arc and audio came through finally. 

This never happened with my old Samsung soundbar, so I have to assume it’s some issue between the Arc and the Q90T. Both are up-to-date on their software, so any solution that may have existed certainly is not bullet proof.

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

Sonos Arc – Latest Sonos firmware

Samsung Frame 55 2020 – version 1402

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

I’ve got the same setup you have. I’m not (yet) experiencing the sound cut-out issue, but now Atmos content isn’t playing. (Well, it plays it, but not in Atmos.) Nice that eARC works, but I’d like to get Atmos back. When your sound is working, is Atmos working?

Userlevel 1

Thanks @meigs1 will do that.  I kept pushing the guy to just give me the update but he kept saying I already have it.  He left to talk to an engineer for a while and that’s what he was told.  Will try again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I currently have this issue.  Initially The Frame 55 and my Sonos AMP worked very well together but either a Frame update or a Sonos update has changed something as every few days I need to shut the breaker which powers my entertainment gear (to completed cold reboot the Frame)  Only then does the Sonos Amp get a signal from the Frame over HDMI eARC.  

I have to think it was a SONOS update as Samsung doesn’t push out that many updates if any in the past year.   

Just ran the Samsung Update for my 2020 Samsung Frame via USB and it worked great all evening with eARC and verified Dolby Atmos via the app.  Today, I’ve attempted to watch TV and it’s back to the same thing - cutting in and out and often times no sound at all.

This nearly 4 month incompatibility between Sonos’ flagship product and a highly popular Samsung TV line is completely unacceptable. 

@Ditte - are we being heard and what is being done about this??

Ok. I may have had a breakthrough. Fingers crossed. I have only tested for 1 day so needs longer to test but I have not had the sound in and out issues when I leave the TV off for a few hours. 

1. I have updated to the latest firmware 1460.9. There are different versions for different Frame TVs so the links we have posted above don’t work for all Frame TVs as I learned so simply going to Samsung Support for your country and enter your model number.
  2. After updating I still had the issue. However, I then reset the TV. Settings->General->Reset
  3. Then I did not turn on HDMI-eARC Mode in Expert Settings.

The TV Dolby Atmos was on by default and it picks up the Sonos Arc and states that Atmos was detected.

The Sound Output still lists the Receiver (HDMI-eARC) connected not Receiver (HDMI) which suggests eARC is on despite the toggle being off in settings.

I hope this continues to work and hope it helps others.

keep us posted! Sounds promising 

Have you communicated with Samsung? I’m not sure there is much Sonos can do about issues upon the TV itself. 

I’ve got the same setup you have. I’m not (yet) experiencing the sound cut-out issue, but now Atmos content isn’t playing. (Well, it plays it, but not in Atmos.) Nice that eARC works, but I’d like to get Atmos back. When your sound is working, is Atmos working?

Yep, Atmos works!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Have some progress to report.  After my poor experience on the website chat, I received a follow up email, I replied with my thoughts and frustration at the situation and that the patch wasn’t allegedly available to me because it is only for beta users (according to the chat person).  Today I received a response from an escalation person who has asked me for a convenient time to install the patch this week !!!!  So pleased.  Apparently it is only temporary while they resolve at the Samsung side, and causes the screensaver (?) on the arc to be disabled but I’m happy to give it a go.  

The patch reduces the load on the TV apparently, and “reduces the prevalence” of the issue (which I read to mean it doesn’t fully resolve it).  Will report back, have asked for it to be done Thursday.

It would be interesting to learn more about ‘reduces the load on the TV’, is there something inherent in the design of the Arc which is proving to be problematic with connected hardware?

Userlevel 2

Sonos - Can we get a comment on this.  I want to purchase a new Samsung q90 TV with a new ARC but not if they won’t work together! 

Quick update. I got the firmware update installed on the Samsung. Problem was my USB stick was formatted for MacOS. I reformatted it to Fat32 and was able to use the update.

I’m now able to enable eARC mode on the Samsung Frame 55. 

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

Sonos Arc – Latest Sonos firmware

Samsung Frame 55 2020 – version 1402

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

Same for me. Installed latest Sonos and Samsung Updates. EARC is now working but still experiencing the cut-out/stuttering issue after some time in Standby/off mode (not Art Mode).

Poweroff ARC helps. But not really useful to have every day power off/on… :(

Any idea?