Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My q95t will be collected on Friday...

Just got my new frame TV on the wall and immediately I got issues and found this thread. what the heck is happening here? 

And does anyone know if this issue is on Sonos side or Samsung side?

I have the Q80T with Q800t bar , same eArc issues as you have with the Sonos ARC . 

Samsung wanted to check the soundbar, so I returned it. 

I would like to try a S. ARC on my TV, but I'm afraid it will be the same issues with that one. 

Yup. Same problem here with my 65” Frame and Arc. @sonos and @ Samsung, when can this be fixed?

thanks

Hi there,

Same as you friends, I have a Frame 50" 2020 and an Arc and... The same boat.

Last week I was looking for a spark of miracle in the Sonos app, try to enable/disable some options, hopping find something.

And well, I disable the auto play tv option for a week now and no sign of cutting sound or trouble with the e-arc mode. No need to unplug the arc. Have to test it more longer, and I know it's not a solution and make more Sonos app depend, but for now it's still better than have to unplug the arc and/or tweek tv options. I really hope Sonos or Samsung fix this mess.

Hope it helps.

Ps: forgive my poor english, kiss for Paris.

Hi @Ditte I’d love to help, and receive the patch.  Got the 75” Samsung Q95T here in the UK with Arc, Sub 3, and 1’s and it’s driving the family mad :-).  I’m on the Sonos beta programme too.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Samsung Q90T and in order to get the eARC to be enabled I had to go into the System settings and make sure that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) was enabled as it was originally off. Once that was enabled then I was able to endable the eARC functionality in the Sound settings.

This makes me wonder if its something to do with the one connect box then? (pretty much only difference from Q90T & Q95T) My Anynet+ is/was on as default, I’ve even tried turning it off but that didn’t work for obvious reasons.

It’s all very frustrating and nobody (Samsung/Sonos) seem to be able to assist.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My q95t will be collected on Friday...

I requested return last Friday, but not heard from them yet. Will just wait :) 

I have the same issue. I have an Apple TV 4K, all latest patches, connected to the local network via Ethernet cable, and going to a Frame 77 inch TV which also has all the latest updates and is also on Ethernet. The eArc out port goes to a Sonos Arc. I get frequent drops of audio when watching Amazon Prime channels only. Any clues?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just burned 40 minutes on the phone with support on this, they seem completely unaware. Tried to let the guy know about this thread but he really just wanted to follow the script - telling me to reconfigure my TV, change the HDMI cable, use optical instead. So frustrating - I used the Beam before this and never had a single issue, this is breaking every few days even with a nightly reset via a smart plug. 

what a terrible, terrible experience. Sonos’ inability to support their products when things go wrong is infuriating. 

I have a Samsung Q90T and in order to get the eARC to be enabled I had to go into the System settings and make sure that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) was enabled as it was originally off. Once that was enabled then I was able to endable the eARC functionality in the Sound settings.

This makes me wonder if its something to do with the one connect box then? (pretty much only difference from Q90T & Q95T) My Anynet+ is/was on as default, I’ve even tried turning it off but that didn’t work for obvious reasons.

And just to verify you have the Arc plugged into HDMI 3 or whatever equivalent eARC port on your one connect box? And you have used the HDMI cable from Sonos or made sure whichever one you are using is compatible as some old cables I bet won’t work?

EArc is still dropping audio , my initial test was using Netflix which worked for two days then switching back to cable it started dropping audio again and switching in and out of Atmos. 

HDMI seems more stable though 

I was getting the sound cutting out very 10-15 minutes for a few second without my Arc connected. I think this is just a Samsung sound issue. 

Badge +3

@mdavid584 How’d the set up go? Did it work? If so, was was your process you did?

Badge

Have some progress to report.  After my poor experience on the website chat, I received a follow up email, I replied with my thoughts and frustration at the situation and that the patch wasn’t allegedly available to me because it is only for beta users (according to the chat person).  Today I received a response from an escalation person who has asked me for a convenient time to install the patch this week !!!!  So pleased.  Apparently it is only temporary while they resolve at the Samsung side, and causes the screensaver (?) on the arc to be disabled but I’m happy to give it a go.  

The patch reduces the load on the TV apparently, and “reduces the prevalence” of the issue (which I read to mean it doesn’t fully resolve it).  Will report back, have asked for it to be done Thursday.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

1462.1 is still only minor bug fixes as far as im aware. On a avs forum someone posted that he was in touch with a Samsung Engineer who said there is a bigger release in March which fixes most issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

And just to verify you have the Arc plugged into HDMI 3 or whatever equivalent eARC port on your one connect box? And you have used the HDMI cable from Sonos or made sure whichever one you are using is compatible as some old cables I bet won’t work?

Have indeed, and using the supplied Sonos cable, have tried others which all caused an error.

For those who received the patch, please check if you can output the sound from the TV to a different output, such as tv internal speakers, bluetooth, etc while using the Sonos ARC. It was known that the TV sound will switch back to the Sonos ARC by itself regardless what output selected.