Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

Unfortunately it doesnt let me do that (deactivate game response on HDAMI port 2)as it is grayed out but showing it is on.

You have to switch to the HDMI-2 Input to disable it.

Userlevel 2

I spoke with Sonos support last week.  not sure if they made patch widely available of if they pushed to my account. I updated my system with Support own the phone and sent them a diagnostic.  Support confirmed the patch they sent me installed to my ARC.    2020 65” Frame TV with the ARC/AMP/Sub.  I have had perfect functionality since the update.  

Same issue here, sound bar works to play music, but not on my Samsung Frame TV. What is odd is I was able to get it to work using an 6 foot optical cord, but I needed 10 ft and now it doesn’t play any audio at all for tv. This is super frustrating because I bought both high end products so I could enjoy a theater experience. This is such a bummer! Is there anyone from Sonos monitoring this community? Good customer service departments have a dedicated resource to add input and help customers. You already have us here trying to self help saving you tons of labor hours on calls and chats. Step it up and tell us what you know… even if you don’t know. 

No, this is not a website in which Sonos Support frequents, this is a community site. There are a very few moderators from Sonos, who generally have come from Support, and certainly have access to any diagnostics you submit, although their main function is moderation. If you want to speak directly to a Sonos support person, you should call Sonos Support directly. 

This site is for fellow customers to give aid and advice where they can. 

Just moving to a new house and purchased the Arc and a Frame 2020 55”, looks like I better return the TV :unamused:

I also got told to call Samsung etc.  I shared the thread and told him to go to pg 19 where a couple people talked about patch. That created additional motivation.  I think the build code should maybe help. 

inwonder if it is a Samsung problem and this patch just hides the problem maybe cycles power at 3 am or something like that. Until whatever fix is finally rendered anything is a big help. I was going to take my arc back. 
I am in PA so we are pretty close too 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

same here - at least we can still get atmos through DD+ …. just not uncompressed (from disk)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

In the Sonos app, go to System | About my System. Scroll down. You should see that it’s streaming Atmos. If not, the patch has done something. 

When watching Jack Ryan on Amazon prime (which I’m sure used to be ATMOS) it comes up with Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1. I’m almost sure when you click on the Sonos acr audio control the ATMOS symbol used to appear however it doesn’t now. 

Streaming services (especially Prime) seem to be weird with Atmos currently. At 1st only s2 of Jack Ryan was in atmos  (and I think only the 1080p version not UHD) but now I don’t think either is. You used to be able to “hover” over an episode and it would say 5.1 or Atmos. I think this is a prime thing and not a Samsung or certainly not a Sonos thing.

From my external 4k BD player I DO get full uncompressed atmos and it shows up as TrueHD Atmos in the sonos app. (I DO have the newer patch as referenced in this thread and I have NOT had one single drop out since application).

That seems to be solved mow, my tv 2020 works fine with Ark. Hopefully ;)

Badge

Samsung Frame 65 2020 firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2.1 still dropouts.  This is a joke

Same here - if anything, it’s worse with the latest update.  I was planning to buy a second Frame TV for another room, but no way after dealing with all this.

I had a problem with the sonos arc not working after turning off the TV. The sound would flicker on /off and I had to unplug arc to reset it to have it work.

I turned off "instant on" under the hidden menu of the TV to cure another issue where the wifi drops after turning off TV. Turns out, it fixed both issues!

Enter the hidden menu with old Samsung remote(look online for instructions) or ask the Samsung help line to turn off "instant on"

Has anyone else tried this? Would love some feedback before I begin a new installation next week with a 2020 Frame 65. Is the TV sound adequate if eARC issues dissuade me from going with a soundbar?  Curious if this affects the Art Mode sensor turning on. 

Prefacing this by saying I’ve already downloaded the firmware update from Samsung’s website and installed it via USB and gotten the patch from Sonos support. Neither permanently fixed this issue.

I bought a remote control off Amazon specifically to access the secret menu and turn off instant on (first just one instant on and then both instant on settings- second was “smart instant on”) and still got issues. Seems to most often act up on the native Samsung HBO Max app.

I hooked up a 4k Apple TV and it seemed like, after almost a full year of this headache, it FINALLY fixed my problem! 

Two days later, the sound is going out every 20 minutes while I’m watching a movie. 

I just caved and dropped $200 on the HDFury Arcana. Fingers crossed it fixes it for good, but would be REALLY GREAT if Sonos/Samsung could find a way to work together on this!

First time posting in this thread after reading it obsessively for a year hoping for answers. Will definitely post an update if the Arcana solves the problem. 

Been looking at the HDFury Arcana as a quick fix for this issue.  Please let us know if it corrects your problem.

Had the HDFury setup for a day now (with the Apple TV 4k plugged into one end of the Arcana and then the other end has cables connecting to the One Connect and the Arc) and so far zero sound issues! Atmos and everything processing fine just fine. Also the dialogue lip synch seems to be perfect where there used to be some issues before.

Will update if there’s any issues, but I seriously wish I did this months ago because it seems like it was an instant fix. 

Yes totally agree.  Everytime i turn on tv get dropouts.  I have turn atmos compatibility off then on or vice versa with erac turn off to not get drop out.  Once it works then i can turn on earc

Badge

Unfortunately it doesnt let me do that (deactivate game response on HDAMI port 2)as it is grayed out but showing it is on.

Yes thanks that did work. Still flickering no matter what. Sometimes i am able to have eArc on but it doesnt last long. If i turn the tv off and back on again it flickers and sound cuts out.

I just discovered this issue today. Been having the 2020 Samsung Frame 60" /Sonos Arc set-up for over a month now and didn't had an issue until today... 

A quick Google search brought me here. To have to reset your Arc every time would be beyond frustrating. This is a joke, this setup is over $3k all together. You would think that five months later they will have a fix with a firmware update…

Following for a permanent fix

I contacted Sonos via the online chat and it took all of 5 minutes to have the patch applied, stated I had a frame and an arc and that I was aware the engineers had a patch available, they applied the patch straight away without any further questions. So now the problem has gone, however I have noticed that if I stream at is content the atmos logo doesn’t appear in the Sonos app. Has anyone else with the patch experienced this, is it possible that the patch disables atmos and that’s the temporary fix?

That’s the first time anyone has mentioned this.  I certainly hope this isn’t the case.  I only purchased the Arc because it DOES support Atmos.  Have you looked at the detailed screen of the app when playing Atmos content to see what’s listed there?

Yes thanks that did work. Still flickering no matter what. Sometimes i am able to have eArc on but it doesnt last long. If i turn the tv off and back on again it flickers and sound cuts out.

Ok, perhaps continue this in the other thread instead and let me know if anything else is connected to the TV’s HDMI 1, 3 or 4? 

Throwing my hat in… Do we have a resolution for this issue? I have a new (2020) Samsung 55” Frame TV and the new Sonos Arc. However, I can not get them to work together. On their specs sheets its seems like they should work very easily together but that is not the case. Can anyone help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Today my Samsung Frame auto updated to 1460.9 so I went to the samsung website and can see there is a new file posted: version 1461.0. (I may give that a try this weekend to see if it has the fix)  

Do you have a link? I just checked and don’t see it on their site

Badge +1

just came here to say that after a week or two with the new firmware, I can finally say the problem has been fixed. i had to restart the sonos arc every time I turned on the tv to watch something because if I didn’t, the sound would stop and skip every 2 seconds or so. its all gone now!!! take care everyone in forum post, its been a long ride haha

It has not been fixed 100 % with eARC - but it is properly something Samsung need to rework in a later Firmware. But I will agree that new release is a gigantic step in the right direction and the sound skip every 2 seconds is gone. Almost a miracle 😊. But complete sound loss do happen with eARC on. An example:  If you got HBO Nordic, try start Peppa Pig and let the show run for multiple episodes (each episode is 5-10 min) and it will cut the sound at some point. Not sure if is the sound format or what causes this, but since my daughter love this show it happens often here and had to turned eARC off due to that. So it is NOT 100 % fixed. 

/Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge

In the Sonos app, go to System | About my System. Scroll down. You should see that it’s streaming Atmos. If not, the patch has done something. 

When watching Jack Ryan on Amazon prime (which I’m sure used to be ATMOS) it comes up with Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1. I’m almost sure when you click on the Sonos acr audio control the ATMOS symbol used to appear however it doesn’t now. 

Yeah, Jack Ryan isn’t in Atmos anymore, don’t think. Don’t believe Prime does Atmos anymore. I get the Atmos icon watching some NetFlix shows. That’s how I check. 

I’m throwing my hat in the ring here too. 

Samsung q90t and Sonos arc that I set up yesterday. Had no issues with it all day yesterday, turned it on this morning and had the sound drop out every few seconds while the tv was switching between ARC and EARC.

Unplugging the power and hdmi and plugging it back in has fixed it for the day so far. 

If this bug doesn’t get fixed inside my return window its going back..

Same issue just started yesterday after no problems for the first couple of months use. Sonos blaming internet bandwidth issues and offering zero support. Totally unacceptable and now I am stuck with it. This will be the last sonos speaker I buy. 

I am wondering if there is any update in this? I have 55” Samsung The Frame (purchased from Costco in 2022) with my Sonos Arc connected to the eARC HDMI port on the TV’s control box. Periodically, and regularly, it no longer recognizes the arc as an audio output device. Sometimes power cycling and disconnecting/reconnecting fixes this, but just as often it does not.

It has only started doing this recently, like in the last month. Prior to that it worked flawlessly.

Help?

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

Any updates here?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I finally changed back to my HDMI 1.4a cable. Made certain the connections were physically tight on both ends

Now it works