Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

+1

The Frame 65 and Sonos Arc. 

PLS FIX!! 

So, I had a chat with the local Samsung support team today and they were fully aware of this issue and suggested a fix that at least seems to work for me so far:

1. Unplug the HDMI
  2. Ensure that the TV audio options are set to auto
  3. Factory reset Sonos Arc (pull out power and plug back in while holding connect button)
  4. Set up Sonos Arc from the app and wait to plug back in HDMI until the setup informs you to plug in the TV.

From there it should be good.

FYI, my Frame 65” came with the latest FW updated out of the box

I’m testing this now and will monitor for a while. If it works it’s obvious that there’s still a bug here but I can live with needing very specific setup to make it work as long as it doesn’t drop out again. 

I've the read the whole thread (and others) but could someone please answer definitively…

Does a 2020 Frame (QE55LS03T) work in regular ARC mode with the Sonos Arc?

i.e. Dolby Atmos DD+ compressed rather than TrueHD uncompressed. None of my intended sources are uncompressed full fat Dolby Atmos. Mainly Netflix and Sky Q. I can live with this set up if it works, with the hope that a fix comes later. Or are people still experiencing sound cut outs even when eArc is set to off. 

Why? Welll because to us the art mode features of the Frame are important for where it is to be mounted. I appreciate there are better TVs out there and even other Samsungs that appear to work. 

Frame TV arriving Friday. Stumbled across these issues by accident really. Never thought I'd have to pre check for any compatibility issues before purchasing two products that on paper should work together but hey ho. 

Many thanks. 

Gareth 

I've the read the whole thread (and others) but could someone please answer definitively…

i.e. Dolby Atmos DD+ compressed rather than TrueHD uncompressed. None of my intended sources are uncompressed full day DA. Mainly Netflix and Sky Q. I can live with this set up if this works, with the hope that a fix comes later. Or are people still experiencing sound cut outs even when eArc is set to off. 

Why? We'll because to us the art mode features of the Frame are important for where it is to be mounted. I appreciate there are better TVs out there and even other Samsungs that appear to work. 

Frame TV arriving Friday. Stumbled across these issues by accident really. Never thought I'd have to pre check for any compatibility issues before purchasing two products that on paper should work together but hey ho. 

Many thanks. 

Gareth 

@garethtcollins unfortunately not. What I experienced was that it toggled the settings back whoever the Tv was turned off. I like you would have been more than happy to have ok sound as long as it would work. 

i.e. Dolby Atmos DD+ compressed rather than TrueHD uncompressed. None of my intended sources are uncompressed full day DA. Mainly Netflix and Sky Q. I can live with this set up if this works, with the hope that a fix comes later. Or are people still experiencing sound cut outs even when eArc is set to off. 

Why? We'll because to us the art mode features of the Frame are important for where it is to be mounted. I appreciate there are better TVs out there and even other Samsungs that appear to work. 

Many thanks. 

Gareth 

@garethtcollins unfortunately not. What I experienced was that it toggled the settings back whoever the Tv was turned off. I like you would have been more than happy to have ok sound as long as it would work. 

Sorry I didn't understand. Could you elaborate? Which setting was toggled and back to what? Have I wrongly assumed that I could just set eArc to off, forget that it isn't full Dolby Atmos and have a set up that works?

Many thanks. 

Gareth 

Sorry I didn't understand. Could you elaborate? Which setting was toggled and back to what? Have I wrongly assumed that I could just set eArc to off, forget that it isn't full Dolby Atmos and have a set up that works?

So, when I had my error I basically toggled all the settings to off or back to on. See the image below. I tried with having arc on “off” as well as deactivating the Atmos compatibility. 

in the end nothing helped until I tried the fix provided by Samsung I wrote about above. 

I do believe though that if you use an optical cable with the TV to the optical - Arc converter you’ll be fine since you’ll then be sending audio one way only. but that feels wrong when you have such great audio equipment. 

Adding to this thread, same issues as all users. I’ve swapped HDMI cables and cable types and I continuously have to unplug from the Connect box (wait for the TV to register that it doesn’t see the Arc with a message on the screen) amd then plug it back in with a message on the screen. So frustrating. 
I also tried the hdmi to optical cable converter, but I’ve have issues with this configuration. 

So, I had a chat with the local Samsung support team today and they were fully aware of this issue and suggested a fix that at least seems to work for me so far:

1. Unplug the HDMI
  3. Factory reset Sonos Arc (pull out power and plug back in while holding connect button)
  4. Set up Sonos Arc from the app and wait to plug back in HDMI until the setup informs you to plug in the TV.

I’m testing this now and will monitor for a while. If it works it’s obvious that there’s still a bug here but I can live with needing very specific setup to make it work as long as it doesn’t drop out again. 

Any update on the reset? From my experience this hasn’t worked and every time I turn off the TV and back on, I get intermittent sound so before trying this, I wanted to see if it reliably

fixed your issue 

1. Unplug the HDMI

Any update on the reset? From my experience this hasn’t worked and every time I turn off the TV and back on, I get intermittent sound so before trying this, I wanted to see if it reliably

fixed your issue 

@Burkell It’s still working but we’re only one day into testing so far...

Userlevel 1

Same issue. It’s beyond frustrating. Sonos - your silence is telling. Even if it’s Samsung’s fault it’s your problem. This Arc is a waste. 

tried everything. When the TV is off and comes back on the issue starts again. You can watch it struggle to connect between HDMI eArc and HDMI. 

please help us. 

I just purchased a Frame 55 inch and won’t be buying an Arc until this is resolved. This issue along with the debacle over support for ageing Sonos products is making me veer away from Sonos products fast. 

Badge

Hey everyone, I’m also dealing with the Frame / Arc sound dropping issue.  My current “solution” to the problem is to use a smart outlet plug and turn the power to the TV on and off automatically early in the morning.  I’m only on day two of this, but it seems to work so far.  It’s not a true fix, but may be a decent workaround in the meantime.

Userlevel 1

Today’s Real Conversation:

Wife: “Honey - I don’t get it - the kids are losing it and i need to put Leaning Songs on Netflix asap.  I turn it on and the sound is cutting in and out.  WTF! Why does this constantly happen every damn morning.  When you go back to work, I am not dealing with this every day. ”

Me: “Oh you just need to reach behind the arc - yeah the giant white bar, rip out the wire on the left, no not the middle one, the one on the left...yeah….” just pull that out - wait 5 seconds and plug it back in.”

Wife: “I can’t pull it out.  can you please help me with this?”

Me: “I am on a zoom call honey, just really yank on it”

Wife “Ok I got the damn thing out….and now the sound works fine come out of the tv - why do we even plug this back in.  I am not plugging it back in.  the sound from the TV is fine.  F this thing.”

Me: “Well because for like $800 we have way better sound and you can get dolby atmos”

Wife: “The kids don’t care whether learning songs has atmos or whatever, they just want to hear the songs”

Me: “Well learning songs doesn’t have atmos anyway - you need to watch like really loud, stuff like superhero shows, or movies with guns and then its awesome.  Like we could test it with Altered Carbon or something”

Wife: “That show sucks.  Its not like I have enjoyed The Home Edit more with this new sound thing.  What a joke this is,  I don’t get any of this shit.  This whole set up is new, can we just put the old bar back up here so I don’t need to deal with this crap when the kids are crying.  I would rather have a TV that shows pictures when it is off and sound that works.”

Me: “Well we could, but I trust that mega companies like Samsung and Sonos will get together and figure this shit out, so lets just keep arguing about it every day.  I am sure a fix is coming”

That was a real conversation today - except for the part about where I am “sure a fix is coming”. I didn’t say that because SONOS DOESN”T PLAN ON FIXING THIS.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

^^^^ Accurate   …..what’s crazy is there are like 5 or 6 threads going with this issue…different brand TV’s too….. unbelievable…. 

I am a Samsung/Sonos dealer, we recently installed a Samsung 75” Frame and ARC. 

We have tried multiple settings with no permanent solution. 

Today we tried the following, and it worked as a possible “fix”. But it’s a workaround. 

We have dis covered that this all boils down to Dolby Atmos Compatibility.  We have figured out that you must Enable/Disable this until the sound starts working consistently. We have seen it work both ways, if you don’t get proper sounds when it’s on disable it. If you can get proper sound when it’s disabled, enable it.

This has been our fix, all this being said however when you turn the tv off the process must be completed again.

Sorry, disable/enable Atmos Compatibility until the sound works.  If you turn the tv off, you must start over.

Same issue here.  Super frustrating. 

I just discovered this issue today. Been having the 2020 Samsung Frame 60" /Sonos Arc set-up for over a month now and didn't had an issue until today... 

A quick Google search brought me here. To have to reset your Arc every time would be beyond frustrating. This is a joke, this setup is over $3k all together. You would think that five months later they will have a fix with a firmware update…

Following for a permanent fix

Hi there,

Same as you friends, I have a Frame 50" 2020 and an Arc and... The same boat.

Last week I was looking for a spark of miracle in the Sonos app, try to enable/disable some options, hopping find something.

And well, I disable the auto play tv option for a week now and no sign of cutting sound or trouble with the e-arc mode. No need to unplug the arc. Have to test it more longer, and I know it's not a solution and make more Sonos app depend, but for now it's still better than have to unplug the arc and/or tweek tv options. I really hope Sonos or Samsung fix this mess.

Hope it helps.

Ps: forgive my poor english, kiss for Paris.

@Wanntann 

what is the auto play function and where can i find it in the app? tia

New Sonos arc owner with Samsung frame on the way. Seems like it is a pain to get the two to work together. Do I have the ability to utilize the optical adapter instead of arc HDMI until they resolve the issue? Anyone do this with any issues?

@Wanntann

what is the auto play function and where can i find it in the app? tia

In Sonos app, settings > system > ( your device in our case Arc ) > Home theater ( I'm guessing, translate form my app in French) and the first settings is playback tv automatically, disable it. 

I do it when the arc works fine. One things I have to tell, when I power up the TV of course there's no sound, so I juste hit volume up with the TV remote, and magically sound cames back. 

Other things, on my TV e-arc mode and atmos settings are on. 

Hope it helps. 

this is how it works at the moment. i will now test it over a longer period of time. Thank you

Hi Guys,

I am about to buy a Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc. What is the actual problem? Does sound not work at all? I’m not a total HiFi buff so as long as it sounds pretty good I’m happy. But if it doesn’t work i will get another combination. 

Cheers

Userlevel 1

DUDES - Can someone try this new manual firmware update for The FRAME.  

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/frame-tv-ls03t-2020-43-75-inch

New Firmware came out today Dec 7, 2020.  V. 1460.9.  It is not available through the TV yet but is available via the support website above.  

Fixes include a generic list: Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T 
- Version : 1460.9 
- Improved usability 1. Improved picture quality 2. Improved browser performance 3. Improved app performance 4. Improved stability 5. Improved usability of input devices

On a SAMSUNG forum a guy says: “partial UI update to clean up app response times and menu performance. Also cleaned up the connections for eARC support and looks like theyve prepped the code for Google Assistant to roll out by the end of December.”

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/What-was-fixed-in-1460-9/td-p/1573937

I would do it but ya know...the Bills game is on and the sound happens to be working.