Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

There is another thread with the same topic. after the post from doug74 i talked to the sonos support (germany) and they told me, that they will submit to my arc aswell as soon as possible. so fingers crossed, that this will fix the arc issues.

its really just a hotfix and not proper firmware update. lets hope that samsung is fixing the issue on their side soon

Userlevel 1

Same problem here. Samsung The Frame 2020 50". Latest firmware update from Sonos 12.1

No luck getting earc functional.

Please fix it!

Just got my new frame TV on the wall and immediately I got issues and found this thread. what the heck is happening here? 

And does anyone know if this issue is on Sonos side or Samsung side?

This has been an ongoing problem which is impacting many models of Samsung TV and Sonos Arc .  From what I have read it appears that both Samsung and Sonos have been working on a fix , however I have not seen any recent updates from either .  

Will love to be part of a fix for this issue. Please contact me

Called Sonos support and the young lady promised me that my issue was poor wireless service to the Arc. I promised her that it was not and would like to speak to an engineer. She obliged politely and they called me back the next day. The gentlemen said he is on a team of 15 engineers and he himself has seen this issue at least 4 times. So he estimated they have had 50+ calls on this. 

He applied the build update for the Arc through the Sonos app on my phone in about 30 seconds. Works great. 

Badge +1

I really hope (like everybody else) that there will be a fix for this soon - it's beyond annoying.(FrameTV QE75LS03TAU/SW1403.1 and SONOS ARC/12.2.1.

SONOS DEV TEAM - . Are you still communicate with Samsung on this issue ? (a simple yes/no is better than total darkness)

… Not fixed: awful audio delay with bitstream from an xbox series x, but i guess, thats a different topic

I had the same problem. The solution was to change Audio out format to Pass-Through, not Auto or PCM. When watching content from your xbox, go to audio --> expert settings to find it.

That fixed it for me at least. 

thanks, will try that again, but didnt work the last time, at least not for dolby atmos games

Hi Guys,

I am about to buy a Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc. What is the actual problem? Does sound not work at all? I’m not a total HiFi buff so as long as it sounds pretty good I’m happy. But if it doesn’t work i will get another combination. 

Cheers

Badge

@bmoody34 - I plugged in the HDFury Arcana and didn’t change any of the settings and it worked fine.  There are not very many settings to change, so if it’s not working, the cords may be plugged into the wrong places.  In my setup, the HDMI Out goes to the Frame TV (HDMI 3 jack on the Frame), HDMI In comes from the Cable Box and eARC out goes to the Sonos Arc.  It works fine as a temporary solution, but it has some quirks as I mentioned in my earlier post, so I’m holding out for a real solution from Samsung and Sonos.

I probably should have just bought a Beam instead of the Arc.  I don’t really care about Atmos sound and just want something that works.  The eARC connection is just too glitchy.

As a follow up on the HDFury Arcana, last night the TV and sound turned on spontaneously in the middle of the night, following a brief internet outage.  Due to that, plus the other quirks I’ve noticed, I’m going to return the HDFury Arcana.  It’s a workable temporary solution, but still not perfect and has its own frustrations.  I think I’m also going to return the Sonos Arc and use a Beam instead.  The Beam’s sound isn’t as good as the Arc, but it works much better with the Frame.

Userlevel 1
Badge

As I understand it eArc is needed for full uncompressed Dolby Atmos and that there isn’t a lot of content apart from the odd Blu-ray. Also eArc as I understand it, is really best suited to a full on HT set-up. TV Arc is just fine for a Soundbar where you are unlikely to discern any real difference between uncompressed ( even if you have a source of uncompressed DA that is )

So is eArc really such a big deal?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yeah same issue here... F ing ridiculous.. 

@Wanntann 

what is the auto play function and where can i find it in the app? tia
Badge

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

Happy to help.  Is there a way to get directly to someone who can get us involved, I would not want to have to go through hours of troubleshooting changing HDMI etc would rather get straight to this testing programme if possible ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I would like to receive the patch as well - my Arc is connected to q90t

Badge

Add me the list… 75” frame.  Stutters every time I turn on the TV/Arc.  Have to unplug and replug the Arc to get sound.  However, no luck w eArc.

Does Dolby Atmos works on The Frame TV? I’m about to purchase a 2020 Frame TV together with a Sonos Arc, but I want to be 100% certain it will output Dolby Atmos.

Yes but the Sonos won’t connect to the tv

Mine has been working for about (6) days now. I pulled the HDMI cable out of the Arc and unplugged the Samsung. I have CEC on the TV and also on the Comcast Cable box. I have tried playing airplay music and switching back to TV cable and it has worked. I am still not completely convinced though. 

I have Samsung repair tech coming to my house on Monday. I can update on here once I speak to them. Any other questions I should ask, let me know. 

When doing these types of updates, one can always force an HDMI handshake by pulling power on the TV (unplug from the wall outlet) and plugging back in.  I’ve seen that clear up settings that you thought were on, but never made it through to the other device(s).  

Userlevel 1
Badge

As I understand it eArc is needed for full uncompressed Dolby Atmos and that there isn’t a lot of content apart from the odd Blu-ray. Also eArc as I understand it, is really best suited to a full on HT set-up. TV Arc is just fine for a Soundbar where you are unlikely to discern any real difference between uncompressed ( even if you have a source of uncompressed DA that is )

So is eArc really such a big deal?

Appreciate what you’re saying, there was certainly a very clear noticeable difference between uncompressed DA and DA 5.1 (which I’m getting now). Netflix/Prime have a lot of DA programmes now.

However the point is more that I bought both items (TV/Arc) at a great expense specifically to get full DA experience one wants it to work as it should.

(Edit - removed analogy, it was awful!)

Has anyone gotten the frame to work eARC to another brand of receiver and sound speakers?

I had another sound bar with eARC. The Samsung - HW-Q950T that I tested for a week. It never dropped sound, but had some sync issues that I could never quite adjust with the delays and there were some issue with the built in Alexa. Kept the Arc since I liked the sound better (after TruePlay) and have other Sonos products throughout the house. I hope this was the correct choice.

Happy to help too. Arc and 2020 43 frame TV. 

I am having this same issue on my 2021 Samsung Frame TV and Beam gen 2. Sometimes I get no sound when the TV turns on, sometimes it connects to the Beam but via ARC not eARC, sometimes the TV speakers come on and go off in a loop, but no sound from the Beam G2.

I have tried the various solutions, but nothing works. The only fix is power cycling the TV. Which is a pain.

I don’t see Samsung and Sonos “working together” for a solution. Not only would this be illegal (at least in North America), but Samsung has no reason to work on it. Samsung and Sonos are competitors in the soundbar market. Samsung’s solution is easy - buy a Samsung soundbar - problem solved.

Sonos is the only one that can solve this, they don’t sell TV’s, If their TV add on soundbar don’t work properly with one of the largest manufacturers of TV’s in the world, then Sonos has a problem, not Samsung. Pointing fingers won’t solve the issue.

I will continue to search for a solution, but this issue is squarely in Sonos’s court.

I also have a 2021 frame and a Sonos beam 2

the app will not find the tv on set up via e-arc then it works for a minute then the tv switches back to tv speaker. 

An update from me - We have a 2020 50” Frame and a Sonos Arc, Sub and 2x 1’s in a surround setup.  

We had the intermittent switching between HDMI and eARC which was only resolved by unplugging and re-plugging the cables which was a royal PITA.

I downloaded the firmware update onto USB despite the telly saying it had the latest version.  Plugged in the USB, manually forced the update which it said it was already in place and sat back to see what happened.

After a unplug, count to 10 and re-plug all the systems back in it’s worked perfectly since then.  I also have an xbox plugged into HDMI and we’ve had no issues whichever system we’ve used since.  

We’re using all the standard cables, nothing special.

Samsung Frame 65 2020 firmware 1403 and Sonos 12.2.1 still dropouts.  This is a joke

I just spoke with Sonos today and they continue to say that it's a Samsung problem which I believe however it's hard for us to voice our concerns and issues with Samsung support. I would really hope that Sonos could help drive the issue from their side. I'm sick of getting on basic troubleshooting calls asking me if I've restarted my system.