Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post

668 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

Is Sonos still working with Samsung on a solution, or is it a lost cause?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, so yes we've basically got the same. Both only can choose PCM and auto. My sonos app also shows atmos on atmos content. The thing is i saw nowhere in the tv that i was using dolby digital +. I tend to test the atmos from the arc and tried downloading some atmos files from the dolby and digitaltrend site. Both atmos by true hd content and digital + but when i try to play this from usb a voice tells me however the file is supposed to be atmos my device cant play the atmos sound / content. Do u perhaps have an idea how to test this are there other files am i doing something wrong. I find it hard to test it in netflix. 

I’ve not tried any other content other than Netflix I'm afraid so can’t really help you on that, Netflix shows that have DA show that on the programme details - some examples are Okja, Rome those are the two I’ve tried and as I say these show up in Sonos app as Dolby Atmos (DD+)

Sorry if you already know the above and that I can’t help you with the other questions.

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Same here on my 55 Frame

Badge

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

Hi Ditte, I’m experiencing this too and am willing to try any early fixes.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

How did you do the hard reset?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I found a workaround: I deactivate Anynet. Then I use only the TV speakers, which I prefer with the usual TV stuff, which is mainly talks, where IMHO the Arc does not a good job. If there is a movie, where I want to have the full sound, I activate Anynet, and the Arc drops in with no sound issues. This issue only appears, if the TV is switched on with activated Anynet.

If Anynet always stays activated, it just needs to toggle the Dolby Atmos setting. Neither the status itself, nor the eARC setting has an impact.

Looks like your solution is basically to not use the Arc.  Sonos, fix this issue!!

I agree...I don't want to activate and de-activate Anynet or any other setting for it to work. It should just WORK!

Hello everyone,

have the same issue Sound Cuts off after hours so tired off that shit.

What about This hd fury do it help the issus?

Badge +1

I noticed there still is some sound issue with the frame 2020 and soundbar combo when eARC turned on (Auto mode). For example, when my daughter watch Peppa Pig on HBO Nordic, the sound disappears after seeing some episodes in a row and on the start of a new one. When eARC is off there is no issues.

Samsung Frame running on SW 1460.9 and SONOS Arc on SW 13.0 build 62186220. HBO app is the built in Tizen smart platform.

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

I’ve just gone back to the TV, powered it on and I have the usual problem of no sound. I restored sound by turning off earc, turning it back on again, then turning off Atmos compatibility and turning Atmos compatibility back on. So currently I have sound with earc mode on. This could be no change compared to version 12.0 but I never managed to get any sound through earc using version 12.0. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Badge

Here to help. Message me for contact info. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I noticed there still is some sound issue with the frame 2020 and soundbar combo when eARC turned on (Auto mode). For example, when my daughter watch Peppa Pig on HBO Nordic, the sound disappears after seeing some episodes in a row and on the start of a new one. When eARC is off there is no issues.

Samsung Frame running on SW 1460.9 and SONOS Arc on SW 13.0 build 62186220. HBO app is the built in Tizen smart platform.

Hi Brian, 

can you and update The Frame to the latest 1497.0 firmware and test again with feedback? The firmware can be found on Samsung’s website and needs to be installed by putting it on a USB stick.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same thing: Q95T, Sonos ARC.

perfect sound with EARC OFF. No Sound in EARC Auto.

would be very helpful to know whom to blame, which device to return..is it Samsung or sonos..

really hope sonos is reading along here and we‘ll soon see a Software fix...

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Also, my TV is on the latest update I believe its 2016.1.  

Badge

As a data point, I was able to update my 2020 Frame 55” TV by downloading the software update to a USB stick.  The eARC now works when set to “Auto.”  I can finally see the Dolby Atmos logo in the Sonos app, when using the native Netflix app on the Samsung TV.   However, I’m not able to see the Dolby Atmos or DD+ logo in the Sonos app when using my Xfinity X1 box or other sources. 

I’m still having some lip sync issues, where the video plays slightly before the audio, even when the audio delay is set to zero.  This happens when using the Xfinity box as an input.  I was hoping the software update would fix this.

I’m also still having issues with the audio cutting out periodically, unfortunately.  Power cycling the TV and Xfinity box seems to fix this.   I’m not sure what causes this.  Maybe a future Samsung or Sonos software update will fix this too.

I have the 65” Frame TV and Arc with sub and surrounds. Have a had a couple drop-outs over the last week or so. Updated to 1460.9. Yesterday I turned on the tv and no sound. Had to toggle Samsung EARC settings and it is back working again. 

I’ve read many of the threads here and at Samsung and it seems there are varying degrees of sound issues. Some seem to always have them, some can go weeks with it working fine, and some get them when switching inputs or turning the tv on after a period of time.

What is the possibility this is a hardware issue in the Arc that can’t be fixed with firmware? I am still within the return window and don’t want to fiddle with setting to get a $2k soundbar system to work properly. 

Thanks Ditte!  Believe it or not, I just went ahead and returned my Frame TV since it was still in the return window (and they just announced the 2021 model will be half as thick).  Sorry I can’t help but appreciate Sonos’ attention on this!

Having the same issue on my 65” LG OLED B6. For a while I wouldn’t get sound from the TV when turning it on but a power cycle would fix it, however as of this morning the connection between the Sonos Arc and my entire surround set up will not connect to my TV. Really could use a solution to this Sonos. $2,000 for no sound is not a good deal lol

Hello All,

just to report the same Samsung QE95 75inch… and Sonos Arc. When eArc is enabled there is no sound.

other thing the Sonos is connected to TV, I can’t switch back to TV speaker.. it simply goes back all the time to Arc.

I am very upset flagship TV and flagship Sonos and they dont work…

I am considering sending Sonos back.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

I would love to help on this but what is the best way? Last time I reached out to customer care they were unaware of the issue. 

Given that it’s only on Samsung, and not any other brand TV’s , it’s hard to conceive of it not being a Samsung issue. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same thing: Q95T, Sonos ARC.

perfect sound with EARC OFF. No Sound in EARC Auto.

would be very helpful to know whom to blame, which device to return..is it Samsung or sonos..

really hope sonos is reading along here and we‘ll soon see a Software fix...

Glad someone else with the same setup is having the same problem, I've been in touch with samsung who have told me the issue lies entirely with Sonos, I'm thinking I might have to return mine if I can't find a solution soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Been getting this issue more and more now that I started using Xbox Series S with Frame TV + Sonos Arc.

It seems isolated to Dolby Atmos audio.

Any one got a clear fix for this?

I finally got this issue solved when I turned of CEC on my settop box.