Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

668 replies

With the build and the sound no longer skipping for the The Frame with HDMI-eARC Mode set to Auto and Dolby Atmos Compatability on what do I need to do to get Atmos? In Amazon Prime Video I tried Jack Ryan and the Sonos app is only reporting Digital PCM 5.1 and not Atmos.

Only certain seasons are in atmos - as you’re looking through the menu on Prime it will specifically say “Atmos” (I don’t remember if s1 or s2 has it - and also don’t remember if the atmos was on hd or uhd) - Prime is weird that way.

Thank you! 

As it stands my Arc and 5.1 system are worthless. I can play music though, through streaming with NO issues. 

Useless seems an exaggeration. You could always use an optical cable from the TV to the Arc (via the adapter) to stop Samsung screwing with the audio signal over HDMI, until they fix their firmware.

paying $$$$ (or €€€€) for an TV plus Sonos ARC I am expecting more than using optical adaptor in a year of 2020. want to use Atmos and also one remote for TV and Sound. Both not working via optical.

I was happy reading that latest firmware (Sonos+Samsung) fixes the issue but unfortunately not in my setup.

Are there and ideas why it works for others? Or did anybody special activities to make it working? Eg factory reset or something else?

Quick update.  I’ve been using the Arcana HDFury for 5 days now and everything’s worked perfectly since I installed it.  If you don’t mind spending the money, it’s a good solution.  Still looking forward to the fix though.

Userlevel 1

What gives Sonos?  If you got the vaccine for this pandemic I suggest you get it out.  My fever is hot from yelling at this damn sound bar for months. 

I’m having the same problem with not working eArc on The Frame 65 and Sonos Arc. Really disappointing. :(

I have just been on the phone with Sonos and on chat with Samsung at the same time. Sonos believe the issue is the way Samsung has implemented the eARC in the TV is not to HDMI standard. They are still actively working on a solution with Samsung,

Samsung and sonos have advised to turn off eARC for the time being until a fix is issued… (fix might be returning this tv...) D̶o̶l̶b̶y̶ ̶A̶t̶m̶o̶s̶

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am getting confused here. Has the problem been resolved with the latest firmware update?

I have a 75” The Frame 2020, and have ordered the Sonos Arc, and would really like to know if I can expect it to work correctly when I recieve it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Even though you are over the 30 days, the UK Consumer laws still apply if they can’t fix the set, (and it appears that it’s a design fault) then the set isn’t fit for purpose and they must either replace the set (which would be pointless as it is a design fault) or refund you the money. I’m thinking of going that route.

Question: Can this issue be solved with an Xbox, Play Station, or receiver? Like the Sonos is actually connected to a third-party device (with eARC) and the Samsung Frame (or other model with issues) is connected to that third-party device--so Sonos and Samsung are never directly interfacing/handshaking? Anyone done this? Or is this nonsensical? I don’t know a lot about AV stuff, so this might be an impossibility.

That might work, but you’d be stuck switching around HDMI cables manually when you switch between cable and Xbox, etc.  Also that wouldn’t let you use the built-in apps on the Samsung TV which require sound output. 

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

Does turning off eARC on Frame fix this issue? as in, is there at least uninterrupted sound without any cut off

refreshing this thread and the samsung website every hour.
have the same issue with a frame 2020. only solution at the moment is restarting the arc by unplugging the power cord.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It seems like there will be an update for the newer Samsung TV’s (including The Frame) in late February or early March. I think Samsung (from what I can read) have acknowledged the issue is on their side as they didn’t comply with the eARC implementation.

Not sure if this is hardware or software related. I certainly hope this is only software related.

Happy to help. Maybe the customer service can PM me as the way out?

Out of curiosity, where are you returning the Q95T from and getting the Q90T from? Trying to figure out which retailers will be most helpful for this.

Having a similar issue with Samsung Frame (2020) - while using an appropriate HDMI cable.

Get Atmos on native apps and from ATV (with some lip sync issues)  … until I turn on eARC and it all mutes.

I know both Samsung and Sonos are aware of this issue.

Hello again,

after reset the arc soundbar, now it has been Working few days.

soo hope it countinue 🙏

reset the shit and keep all settings auto in Sound.

@bmoody34 - I plugged in the HDFury Arcana and didn’t change any of the settings and it worked fine.  There are not very many settings to change, so if it’s not working, the cords may be plugged into the wrong places.  In my setup, the HDMI Out goes to the Frame TV (HDMI 3 jack on the Frame), HDMI In comes from the Cable Box and eARC out goes to the Sonos Arc.  It works fine as a temporary solution, but it has some quirks as I mentioned in my earlier post, so I’m holding out for a real solution from Samsung and Sonos.

I probably should have just bought a Beam instead of the Arc.  I don’t really care about Atmos sound and just want something that works.  The eARC connection is just too glitchy.

As a follow up on the HDFury Arcana, last night the TV and sound turned on spontaneously in the middle of the night, following a brief internet outage.  Due to that, plus the other quirks I’ve noticed, I’m going to return the HDFury Arcana.  It’s a workable temporary solution, but still not perfect and has its own frustrations.  I think I’m also going to return the Sonos Arc and use a Beam instead.  The Beam’s sound isn’t as good as the Arc, but it works much better with the Frame.

I purchased the Arcana as well. I’ve only had it plugged in for about 5 min but it seems to be working perfectly. 

The frame tv turning on in the middle of the night has happened to me since I first bought it. I think it has something to do with the batteries being low in the remote. I don’t think that was because of the arcana. I’ll keep everyone posted on how it continues to work. 

Before I bought the arcana, I had a timer on the outlet plug for arc. It turned the power off from 3am to 5am every morning. The arc was working perfectly ever since I did that. If the arcana quits working I’ll just go back to doing that. If I hadn’t already purchased the arcana, I would have just kept doing that. 

All that being said, I can’t believe I have to deal with this issue. Super disappointed in whoever’s fault this is. Paid a pretty penny for both of the devices. Wouldn’t think you’d have jury rig it to get it to work. 

As of now my combination Frame (2020) and ARC is working. I disconnected all HDMI devices. Then removed power cable from power Plug for about 15min. After restarting TV, I‘ve disabled Dolby Atmos compatibility.

On next day Sound was still good. Dolby Atmos was active by magic again. Connecting all HDMI devices again. Now since three days no cutting issue anymore.

Keeping fingers crossed that it will stay so.

But have to say that I am using „HDMI“ Not eARC activated yet. Would be next step.

I have Arc and The Frame 65” 2019. I can’t finish the setup of the Arc with the TV.

The HDMI is in the HDMI ARC port of the One Connect box and I think the setting for the ARC mode in the TV is on, but nothing happens - it allways says that the ARC mode is not connected etc.

I have the latest update on the TV and in the Arc / Sonos system. 

The only thing I haven’t tried is the beta program of the Sonos, how can I install beta to the Arc? I have joined the beta program, but I don’t know how to install it to the device?

Yet another disgruntled Sonos Arc + Samsung Q95T user. Works one time and then cuts off, and then fails to turn the TV on via remote the next day. Power cycle the OneConnect box and things work briefly before sounds drops off. No rhyme or reason - hard to make sense of the settings that are causing these issues.

What a pain this is turning out to be. Any suggestions on just using the Arc as a normal soundbar without all this fancy Atmos - i just don’t want to be fiddling around powercycling everyday! 

Updated 1403 and 12.2 on Samsung Frame 75. Uncompressed Atmos still does not work without the sound dropping in and out. Seemed to work slightly better for non Atmos sound. 

@Badc5   - is it working for you while showing Atmos icon the sonos app?

Userlevel 1

Was able to get Sonos to apply the patch about 24 hours ago.  My setup is a QLED Frame TV 2020 (55 inch) LS03T and a Sonos Arc + Sub.  Upon applying the patch, the audio cut-out issue has NOT occurred once.  I have eARC and Atoms enabled on the TV and tested various sound profiles via appls on the TV (Atomos, 5.1, TrueHD, etc.) everything sounds great.  When Atmos is playing, the Sonos app properly reflects it.  I’ll update here every few days but so far so good.

I’ve had the HD Arcana for about a week now.  Seems to have fixed the issue.  Do want to point out however that no matter what, I can not get my Samsung Q80T to play Atmos from any of the native apps on the TV.  I hooked up my Apple TV 4K to the Arcana and played a movie with Atmos sound (HBO Max-The Conjuring) and worked perfectly.  The same movie played on the HBO Max app on the TV, no Atmos.  Go figure.

Hey Guys, a bit of an update from my side… I found this update for Samsung TV ->» Upgrade File(USB type) verze 1402.6 (Multi Language): All OS 2020-10-08

On the forum so far I saw mentioned only 1401.2

And the whole thing seems to be working for a couple of hours now. The only bug I observed that after I added each piece of eco-system (Sub then Surrs), sound cutt off was coming back. I had to restart both TV and Sonos ( Restart means take out power plug).

Please pray and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Nik 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

^^^^ Accurate   …..what’s crazy is there are like 5 or 6 threads going with this issue…different brand TV’s too….. unbelievable…. 

Badge +3

Question: Can this issue be solved with an Xbox, Play Station, or receiver? Like the Sonos is actually connected to a third-party device (with eARC) and the Samsung Frame (or other model with issues) is connected to that third-party device--so Sonos and Samsung are never directly interfacing/handshaking? Anyone done this? Or is this nonsensical? I don’t know a lot about AV stuff, so this might be an impossibility.

So, I had a chat with the local Samsung support team today and they were fully aware of this issue and suggested a fix that at least seems to work for me so far:

1. Unplug the HDMI
  2. Ensure that the TV audio options are set to auto
  3. Factory reset Sonos Arc (pull out power and plug back in while holding connect button)
  4. Set up Sonos Arc from the app and wait to plug back in HDMI until the setup informs you to plug in the TV.

From there it should be good.

FYI, my Frame 65” came with the latest FW updated out of the box

I’m testing this now and will monitor for a while. If it works it’s obvious that there’s still a bug here but I can live with needing very specific setup to make it work as long as it doesn’t drop out again.