Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 289 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Jamie A 3 months ago

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

View original

289 replies

Still no news on a fix? I have connected my sons audio-technica turntable to my pair of era 100 & it works just fine. 
if we don’t get a fix soon I’ll be in the market for a another BT turntable 

Same issue here with the exact same model.

Same issue here. Very frustrating. Can you please let us know how this can be resolved? Thank you.

my diagnostic number is 1337404824. Living Room. Please advise asap or I’ll need to return my Sonos and I don’t want to do that. 

Have just done most recent update now, and still not working…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fpalmi et al,

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, here in the thread, once we do.

Thanks for the reply and expectations @Corry P 

Does anyone have experience with getting a RCA to USBC adaptor that will actually work? 

The official Sonos product only does aux and I don’t particularly want to have multiple adapters if possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sking22 

Most USB-3.5mm adaptors are DACs (Digital to Analogue Converters) whereas you need an ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter). Although adaptors from other manufacturers may work (if they are ADCs and not DACs), we can only guarantee compatibility with our own adaptors.

I hope this helps.

Thanks @Corry P 

This is what I’m struggling with, I’m not 100% sure that the official one will work at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sking22 

You’d need either a RCA-3.5mm stereo cable or a RCA-3.5mm stereo adaptor as well as the Sonos USB adaptor, but they will be fairly cheap, and I see no reason for it not to work.

Perhaps I’m missing something though, as you mention multiple adaptors - what exactly are you trying to do? If it’s just to physically connect your Sony turntable to a Sonos speaker with USB-C (except Move), all you’ll need is the Sonos adaptor and the right cable (assuming the cable can be disconnected from the turntable - if not, you’ll need the RCA-3.5mm adaptor too).

I hope this helps.

Commenting to follow this thread 

Spent an hour almost pulling my Sony turntable apart thinking it was broken before I found this thread. How has it been a month and there’s still no fix? Very tempted to return my pair of Era 100 - It’s unacceptable that a software update can just completely ruin my setup and better yet no fix in sight. 

Spent an hour almost pulling my Sony turntable apart thinking it was broken before I found this thread. How has it been a month and there’s still no fix? Very tempted to return my pair of Era 100 - It’s unacceptable that a software update can just completely ruin my setup and better yet no fix in sight. 

The fix is in the pipeline according to the Staff comment earlier in the thread, but it’s not fully tested and so any update is likely to be early next year, by all accounts.

I don’t think I would have even considered dismantling a TT until I had at least tested it with another Bluetooth Speaker🤔? That would have been my first port of call.

If you can’t wait and don’t want to use the line-in adapter option, which provides better quality audio and a far more reliable audio buffer, then you can return your speaker(s) to Sonos (if purchased direct from them) and the publicised return conditions are met. Here is the return page to return your purchase:

https://support.sonos.com/s/money-back-guarantee?language=en_US

I’m personally just gonna wait until the new year, as I have a number of alternative options to use with my own TT. I try not to keep all my eggs in just the one basket.

Anyhow, I hope the links help, if you decide to return them.

Thanks everyone - that’s probably enough diagnostics for now. We are now investigating this issue. 

Hi,

Can you give any indication of how long it might take for this to be resolved; days/weeks/months? 

And whether there might be any compensation for e.g. line adapters? It feels very counterintuitive to spend more money with Sonos because you wrecked the system. But returning the system to the retailer is also undesirable.

Looking forward to your response.

Hit the nail on the head. 👍

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT). No sound is coming out of the speaker while connected via  Bluetooth to the  turntable The speaker still connects via Bluetooth as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker and turntable but no sound.  The turntable when connected to Era 100 via cable sound works fine, but not on Blue tooth. 

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT). No sound is coming out of the speaker while connected via  Bluetooth to the  turntable The speaker still connects via Bluetooth as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker and turntable but no sound.  The turntable when connected to Era 100 via cable sound works fine, but not on Blue tooth. 

Maybe see the Staff response/answer at the beginning of this thread.

Any updates so far? (Sony PS-LX310BT + Era 100)

Any updates so far? (Sony PS-LX310BT + Era 100)

Yes. The Staff response shows this at the beginning of this thread…

"To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, here in the thread, once we do”.

Hope that assists…👍

Thanks for the update Sonos,

Just out of interest; do you have any other big plans for 2024? Maybe an update that would remove the capability of playing music via Spotify? That’d be fun.

Happy Holidays!

Max

p.s. To whom can I send the receipts for the multiple adapters I’ve needed to purchase, to compensate for this disaster?

Just out of interest; do you have any other big plans for 2024? Maybe an update that would remove the capability of playing music via Spotify? That’d be fun.

Happy Holidays!

Max

p.s. To whom can I send the receipts for the multiple adapters I’ve needed to purchase, to compensate for this disaster?

Not this is the point, but do you what adapters are needed? I just spent £20 on an inline adaptor and jack cable, only to then realise there doesn’t seem to be a phone jack on the Sony turntable….

Happy Holidays!

Max

I usually just hand my receipts to SWMBO and the amount is deducted from my weekly allowance, but the choice to buy is mine …and mine alone.

Happy Holidays!

Max

Not this is the point, but do you what adapters are needed? I just spent £20 on an inline adaptor and jack cable, only to then realise there doesn’t seem to be a phone jack on the Sony turntable….

You can use either of these two Sonos adapters with the Move 2/Era 100/Era 300 - the more expensive one has a network adapter too…

Just got the Sonos Era 100’s and the Sony PS-LX310BT as a Christmas gift and am experiencing the same issues…

Just got the Sonos Era 100’s and the Sony PS-LX310BT as a Christmas gift and am experiencing the same issues…

Maybe Santa still has the Sonos adapter and will pop back😀. I would opt for that adapter anyway, as it will likely improve the audio quality input into Sonos, aswell as ensuring a reliable connection.

I also just got a PS-LX310BT and was disappointed to find it’s not working with my Sonos Era 100. Adapter and cable is on the way, though, and will hopefully arrive in time for Christmas…

Looking forward to the fix for this in the new year.

Glad I found this community.  Spent half my Christmas day figuring out why my new ERA 100 speaker would not connect to my new Sony TT.  My $10 beach speaker worked great only adding to my frustration.

Can someone please advise which cords I need to connect the speaker and TT???
I don’t mind using a short term fix.  Otherwise I will replace with another speaker… ie Bose.

Please include all cords needed-

TY Kirk