Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 289 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Jamie A 3 months ago

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

View original

289 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks everyone - that’s probably enough diagnostics for now. We are now investigating this issue. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks everyone - that’s probably enough diagnostics for now. We are now investigating this issue. 

Hi,

Can you give any indication of how long it might take for this to be resolved; days/weeks/months? 

And whether there might be any compensation for e.g. line adapters? It feels very counterintuitive to spend more money with Sonos because you wrecked the system. But returning the system to the retailer is also undesirable.

Looking forward to your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RobNL 

Apologies - I can’t give you an ETA on a fix, no - what if I was wrong? It would just be another point of contention. 

Edit: I should add that we are looking into this with urgency

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aakinti009 

I or a colleague will post here once an update with a fix is available. We’ll mark it as a Best Answer, which means you should be notified of the post via email (assuming notifications are enabled in your profile settings). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jth2023 

I don’t have a timeline that I am free to share, but I think I can get away with saying that progress has been made.

Should you end up purchasing a Line-In adaptor in order to listen to your records, you will easily be able to get a refund if you decide to return it once this issue has been resolved - though, as the quality will be higher than with Bluetooth, you may not want to. We agree, however - you shouldn’t need to, and that is why we are working hard to resolve this issue.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Just joined the user forum to add my frustration with this. Same issue, Sonos 100 no longer compatible with Sony turntable.  I feel the response of no ETA is unacceptable. As I'm still within the 28 day cooling off period for purcahse I will return the device next week if unresolved.

Userlevel 1

Sonos, @Corry P, you’re going to have a lot of returned Eras on your hands if you don’t fix this ASAP. We’ve been waiting two weeks. Can’t you just push out the previous OS for us to install so we can use our equipment as intended? It worked fine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fpalmi et al,

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, here in the thread, once we do.

Userlevel 2

I chatted to support earlier and they have engineers working on this. It's apparently unrelated to the recent Sonos software update. 

Userlevel 2

@Corry P Any further update regarding this? February now! Many thanks. 

Userlevel 1

C’mon Sonos - no fix yet?   Bose Bluetooth speakers are working great in my home and winning my future business.   BTW - if you have know about this for months why are your vendors still promoting bluetooth connectivity with any device ( ie Best Buy ).  I paid for a Era 100 & a Sony Turntable to play my vinyl - has not worked from Day 1.  Hugely disappointing and misleading sales speak that you could control if you wanted to. 

Userlevel 1

Dear @Sonos - it’s been two weeks, why not roll back the firmware since so many people are having BT connectivity issues, on both turntables and PCs?  
Might be returning my Arc + Sub + 2 Eras  on Monday and swapping it for Bose instead :/
Horrible reputation stunt right there. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, any updates on this?

it’s getting very frustrating 🥴

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Community,

same here, Sony record player (PS-LX310BT) and the Sonos Era 100. No sound with an existing connection. This was a Christmas present for my wife. 😒 Very disappointing for her and to read all the messages.

Diagnostic Number: 1226010771
named musicroom

I bought my first Sonos speakers about 2 months ago. They sold them at Costco, marketed whole house sound, and said they were certified with the turntable I had just bought. 2 months later I’ve never used them because sonos say it’s a Bluetooth speaker, but knows there’s a sudden issue with this Sony turntable? Bose speaker still works. Jbl speaker still works. 2 month later no eta from Sonos. Maybe this is an agile thing? Too many issues on the backlog, no automated testing?  Whatever the case, I’m buying new speakers and will never buy so Sonos again. They clearly aren’t as mature a wireless speaker maker as their larger competitors. I bought speaker to use it and have never been able to. Why would I pay for that?

Userlevel 7

You aren’t the only one experiencing problems. Others have had the same issue recently. It may be related to the last software update. Hopefully Sonos is aware of it and working on fixing it soon.

Hi Community,

same here, Sony record player (PS-LX310BT) and the Sonos Era 100. No sound with an existing connection. This was a Christmas present for my wife. 😒 Very disappointing for her and to read all the messages.

Diagnostic Number: 1226010771
named musicroom

Same issue! Hoping they can get out another update soon to address the issue because clearly lots of people’s devices have essentially been bricked since Mid-November. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aleksss 

Due to the fact that Sonos systems are typically comprised of more than one device and controlling app, downgrading the firmware isn’t an option as it is with unrelated devices that operate solo. As a result, there is no method by which you can downgrade the software manually, no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mildlyinappropriate 

At present, nothing more than that we are investigating. We have no ETA in regards to when there will be a fix made available.

I also just got a PS-LX310BT and was disappointed to find it’s not working with my Sonos Era 100. Adapter and cable is on the way, though, and will hopefully arrive in time for Christmas…

Looking forward to the fix for this in the new year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mildlyinappropriate,

We still don’t have an ETA on this issue, however we’ve been informed that our engineering team have received the same turntable as the OP, and are troubleshooting the issue further with the same setup. 

I understand that more information would be preferable, but this is all we have to share. All I can recommend currently is to keep an eye out for any system updates, perform them when possible, and check back in this thread as we will also inform users here if there are any updates.

Userlevel 7

Here is the response from Sonos on Reddit regarding the 15.11 update:

“The fix for the Bluetooth issue that I've seen floating around isn't included in this update. But that should be coming soon”

Userlevel 7

It’s working.

i ended up giving in a buying the line in adaptor after waiting months for update. The software was updated with 24hrs of purchasing line in, so ended up wasting money to buy one and can’t return…

The line-in adapter will give you more reliable audio and it will sound better than Bluetooth.

Same issues with Sony PS-LX310BT. Connects but no sound. The app sees my record player but no sound, like everyone else this has been an issue for months. I wish they would release an update to resolve this problem so I can go back to listening to my records.