Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Diagnostics 533599187

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looks like the 15.1.1 update has sorted the “Boot Updating” issue. Well done Sonos. 

Lol yes well done Lol 

Badge +3

Same here.

same here: Number 714701382

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you’ve just come across this thread, we no longer need further diagnostics or reports. Thank you

Before posting please read the thread ……

Userlevel 1

Same issue. I have an Arc, Sub, and 2 SLs grouped for surround sound and they are stuck with “updating”. Has not effected the sound, but now I can’t configure the levels for the Sub and Surrounds. And I can’t turn them off and on as I regularly do depending on time of day or type of listening experience I’m looking for. Very annoying. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Me too! Boost updating.

Badge

Same issue here… 

Ran diagnostics - 2038771143

I have the same issue. @Sonos when can we expect a fix?

Userlevel 1

Same problem here after updating to 15.1

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Does not seem to affect the sound etc but still a bit irritating isn’t it.

Userlevel 1

Yes - Sonos should comment. My worry is that there is no Boost update anymore, but not sure …

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have a similar problem. My issues is with my Sonos Boost. Show’s it updating with a blue dot.

Yeah that is how mine is behaving. Comes and goes mind you, so sometimes I open the App and it’s all ok, but then another time it is back to doing that again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone,

Could you please try signing out of the Sonos app, then signing back in again?

Please let me know if this improves the situation any, or not. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

15.1.1 installed and still blue dot on Boost. 

Perhaps the 15.1.1 didn't target that anyway...

Nope. Didn't work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

On Android, that would involve pressing the Task Switcher button (next to Home), then swiping the app up and off the screen.

I’ve never had an iPhone (and it’s been a while since I used one), but I believe the swiping up part is the same, after double-pressing the Home button (maybe a long press rather than a double press).

If in doubt, a reboot of the smartphone would more than suffice.

Thanks!

@sonos when can we expect a proper fix?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

When this happens I cannot connect to any of the speakers or play anything.

I have tried signing out, force closing the app and even removing and reinstalling but the problem persists.

@Sonos, why don’t you guys QA your releases properly instead of always frustrating us!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @SarahN Iam afraid those steps did not resolve issues with the Sonos Boost.

I am very disappointed, after a strange update of the Boost component that never ended, the system stopped working, I reset all my speakers but now I can't get them to work anymore
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Corry. Forgot to mention I’m using and iPhone with iOS 16. Apart from force closing, signing out and in again, reinstalling I also tried rebooting my phone. Nothing has helped. 

This update is so failed. I would ask once again. When will this be fixed?