Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kos 

Corry, why have this very long thread only geeks will find instead of just writing directly to Boost users thru the app’s message interface … something like: Dear custormer. We are aware of some updating issues with the Boost. We will inform you as soon as we know more. Regards, Sonos

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world… end of story :). Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

I can’t give you an answer to the “why” of it, but I can tell you that when I read it earlier I thought it was such a good idea that I did make a point of passing it up the chain, and I’m just about to add it to my weekly report too. Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi @Kos 

Corry, why have this very long thread only geeks will find instead of just writing directly to Boost users thru the app’s message interface … something like: Dear custormer. We are aware of some updating issues with the Boost. We will inform you as soon as we know more. Regards, Sonos

Magically everyone is now informed … no one have to make the thread longer, no one have to call Sonos all over the world… end of story 🙂. Working with customer communications everyday I am genuinely curious. Have a nice weekend.

I can’t give you an answer to the “why” of it, but I can tell you that when I read it earlier I thought it was such a good idea that I did make a point of passing it up the chain, and I’m just about to add it to my weekly report too. Thank you!

Haha, great. Working with issues like this every day I really envy Sonos’ direct access to ALL your customers thru the app.. use the extremely valuable channel for more than advertising and ‘good advice’, use it to calm customers down also - that’s clever loyalty building :)

So basically quit looking at it. Don’t let it bother you. Look forward to the fix. I’m not looking at this anymore. Go away blue dot. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Happy to report that the new Sonos update 15.1.1 has fixed my Boost updating error!! Hopefully everyone else has noticed the same.👍

same error „updating…“ 

the problem is not my router or my settings, everything was working fine before i update to 15.1!

so please sonos fix it, this is boring.

Badge +3

Updated to 15.1.1 (US) and still having this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you’ve just come across this thread, we no longer need further diagnostics or reports. Thank you

Before posting please read the thread ……

@jasmic

Note that a Sonos Roam does not (ever) use the Sonos Boost, as all portable Sonos products do not use SonosNet and so the Roam will only connect to your local routers WiFi signal. I would ensure that your mobile controller device and your Roam are both connected to the same AP, and for good measure, ensure both are connected to the same WiFi band and see if that works for you.

I appreciate you have other issues with the rest of your system, but maybe focus on this to begin with. 

If the Boost is (temporarily) not working, then you could wire a standalone Sonos speaker instead (not a surround or Sub) and see if that gets all back up and running … (note you ‘may’ have to power-cycle your players after you wire another device) … then you could go onto add your WiFi credentials to your speakers aswell, which in turn will allow them to use your routers WiFi signal if you ever have occasion to remove your wired Sonos product.

The latter section of this support page provides the instructions on how to switch/add a wireless network to each of your Sonos devices…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup

Badge

Just adding another household impacted by the blue dot on the boost. Logged out, reset the boost, no change.  Been like this for a good couple of weeks  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Diagnostic = 1832090715

Userlevel 1

Diagnostics = 173568346

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN & @Blaubaer82275 

Appreciated - thank you! I’ve passed the diagnostics on to one of our engineers to examine.

Badge

Got 15.1.2 (Android) today in UK. Sorted issue. 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

Diagnostic = 775509905

Same here, Diagnostic 1071627942

Hi @SarahN & @jamrod 

Thanks for trying that. If you don’t mind, please try the following:

1. Sign out
  2. Force Close the app
  3. Reboot the Boost
  4. Open the app
  5. Sign in

Thanks again!

this didn’t work for me either 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Can you please confirm that your ability to play music on your Sonos system has not been affected by this issue, as repor​​​​​ted by ​​@Flare

@SarahN - I know you already said that it’s not in your case - thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Corry P - your suggestions above do not resolve the issue. Sonos Boost shows still „Updating“ with blue dot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Flare

@Corry P  I’m beginning to think it’s possibly an account / database related issue now. If I sign out, close the app and start the app again without signing in everything’s great, no blue dots no updating notification. 

the moment I sign in, the blue dots come back along with the Updating notice!

that would explain why the other devices I tested did not exhibit the problem, none of them sign in!

Now that is useful/pertinent! Thank you - already passed along to my colleague (in fact, I think he’s just refreshing this page every minute now).

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Please update us on the findings and advise when we can expect a fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

I did try re-booting my router last night when the blue dot issue first arose to no avail so I don’t really want to do that again as I’m supposed to be working from home haha. 

Surely this sounds like a glitch in the app itself following this update?

I’m inclined to leave it alone now seeing as my speakers seem to work ok, and hope for a further update to fix the blue dot?

By all means, leave things alone seeing as your ability to play is unaffected - I have no doubt that this is a bug, but that’s not to say that in your case there isn’t something else going on too. It will be easier to tell once this issue is out of the way, however, as it could very well be affecting the app’s responsiveness.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Corry P - thanks. Yes I will leave alone now until a fix is found for the blue dot thingy.

Everything worked fine my side before that anyway, so I’m sure odd occurring's are just related to this little issue now.

Userlevel 1

I can report - same as flare - seems an issue with the account sync - reset app, all ok,

1/ sign in - red dots on my speakers and cannot play anything,

2/ sign out from account, restart the app, stay signed out - system works great and NO red dots.

3/ sign in and the red dots are back and no access to speakers

4/ sign out and restart app. Stay signed out - system great 

so - an issue with app and account sync introduced with v15.1

Userlevel 1

I have logged this support team as well - case number 04754726. Spent 2 hours on this and troubleshooting the network. Speakers. Resetting everything- only to get to the point that it is a sign in account issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN

@Corry P - shall we just stay logged out for now?

If it makes the app easier to use, yes. Log-in is only needed if changing the configuration of the system - general playback usage does not require it.