Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

I’m affected as well. 

Diag #1512834507

I can’t believe that this major bug has gone unsolved for 10 days now. 

Come on Sonos!!!

Joe

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Unplugged the Boost, waited ten seconds, plugged it back in.  Several minutes later problem resolved.  All my Sonos is now operating correctly and updated to 15.1.

You’re lucky for now lol. Mine sometimes seems ok, but then goes back to ‘updating’ with it’s little blue dot 😀

You’re right!  My Boost is now showing updating with the blue dot.  At least the system is working and showing all devices at 15.1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

I was wondering if we had jumped the gun a little there, but I’m glad to hear the situation has improved for you, even if it has not been completely resolved.

I also have the same, was told by support that boost had updated anyway. Not going to overly worry but it is a bit poor that it keeps showing. I also lost my surround sound SL 1 speakers as well and had to get in contact with the support team

Badge +1

I updated to 15.1 on Saturday.  Intermittently seeing Boost Updating.   Else seems to work ok otherwise. Can provide diagnostic if needed

My Boost have also been ‘updating’ for a while, now…
Updated everything, logged out, rebooted (re-powered) Boost, logged in again. Usual IT stuff...
Boost still showing as ‘updating’.
Was this purchase just a scam - as in a fancy box with an LED (as my sound system still work fine)? 
Hope not - main purpose was to avoid interruptions while listening to sound.

iOS  @ iPone 13 Pro: 16.3.1 (DK)
Sonos App: 15.1 build 71138080 (automatic updates on)
Mac OS: Ventura 13.0 (@ MacBook Pro 16”, 2019)
Mac App (re-installed after failing update): 15.1 (S2) 

Update, FWIIW:
I reset the Boost (unplug power, press and hold infinity button, replug power (while still pressing infinity button) and wait for LED blinking). 
Then, released the infinity button.
The iPhone) App then found a Boost and I added it to the system.
Things seems fine for now.

now whole system cant be found and no voice assistant or music working. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Another QA failure by Sonos 😢

Same problem with my two Boost after update to 15.1. Swapping between “updating” and “Normal status”, Diagnostic = 1966580332

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Just had a weird issue the app said my five left and sub in my music room setup were disconnected rest of my speakers all connected on wm:0 odd as the left five speaker is the one connected with ethernet providing sonosnet to the house 

Got them connected again after a few tries 

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Yes same issue. Always something with an update...

All my speakers and the boost were stuck ‘Updating’. Only the Roam and Move were ok. Unplugging the boost for 30 seconds resolved the issue temporarily, but my boost, sub and beam are back to ‘updating’

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Same issue on iPad and iPhone with SONOS Boost showing that it is updating.

Diagnostic: 1949776229

1. Force Closed SONOS App iPhone
  2. Open SONOS App
  3. Performed a Reset App
  4. Connected to my SONOS system.
  5. BOOST is not showing the “Updating Dialog.”
  6. Closed SONOS App
  7. Open SONOS App 
  8. SONOS Boost is showing updating.
  9. Repeat step 1-8 with iPAD with the same results.
  10. The Windows APP updates without any errors and reports that the BOOS has been updated. (Boost Details: OS: S2, Version 15.1 Build 71138080 Hardware Version: 1.12.1.2-1.0 Series ID: A100 and VM:0)

Same issue.

Your confirmation number is: 1645731349.

Same issue here.

Badge

Same issue with Boost claiming it's updating, support ID 584565367

Ah, apologies. Quality Assurance. Something that we in the software business both rely on desperately, and equally fear/hate. No matter how much Quality Assurance testing there may be, it’s never enough to cover every possible thing/system, and bugs can creep through. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve been roasted for failures in QA. Never mind the fact that they capture 99.9% of the errors before they reach the public, the developers (and QA) get roasted for that .1%.

Same issue with updating boost - Diagnostics #1185169716

Badge

Boost has been updating (blue dot) for over six hours. 

diagnostic sent 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I don’t see one on the iOS store in the US, either. Wonder if maybe it’s just a firmware update that you process through the controller only if you have a BOOST installed, which I don’t (and I also have auto-updates enabled). 

I found the update directly in the Google play store as I'm on android. Sonos app showed it had updated to 15.1.1 after I downloaded it along with a couple of other app updates, but speakers still at 15.1 with no further update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

have the same, the Boost continuously shows that it is supposed to be updating. It appears and disappears and sometimes influences which speakers are actually available. It is allegedly updating for the past 26 hours now:

Another me too without diagnostics doesn't really help. Please make and send a diagnostics.

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Yes same problem diagnostic 1220914548

same problem here….

diagnostics  1318033558.

waiting for a real update of the Boost which might update the status ?

have the same, the Boost continuously shows that it is supposed to be updating. It appears and disappears and sometimes influences which speakers are actually available. It is allegedly updating for the past 26 hours now:

Another me too without diagnostics doesn't really help. Please make and send a diagnostics.

Disrespectful response. 

here’s the number: 2123071271

Samen here.

Diagnostics = 595005723