Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Corry P 

Another thing that might be my imagination is that when I use my TV and then switch it off, it seems to take ages for the Beam room on my app, to stop showing that the TV is still on (if you get what I mean). I swear it used to go back to saying ‘no music selected’ way faster than it is at the moment?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If fact I’m sure what I just wrote is also a strange glitch 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It is like the App is just being really odd right now

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare @SarahN @daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Given that @Flare reports that only one of his controller devices is affected, I believe that there’s a good chance that resetting the affected Sonos app may help.

Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset

Close the app afterwards, then re-open and choose “Connect to an Existing System”.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Flare @SarahN @daglish @jamrod @Blaubaer82275 @Reflux69 

Given that @Flare reports that only one of his controller devices is affected, I believe that there’s a good chance that resetting the affected Sonos app may help.

Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset

Close the app afterwards, then re-open and choose “Connect to an Existing System”.

I hope this helps.

Still the same lol - you gotta laugh! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN 

@Corry P

Another thing that might be my imagination is that when I use my TV and then switch it off, it seems to take ages for the Beam room on my app, to stop showing that the TV is still on (if you get what I mean). I swear it used to go back to saying ‘no music selected’ way faster than it is at the moment?

I think this is most likely due to intermittent communication restrictions on the network between the app and the Associated Product (shown in About my System, this is the device chosen to be responsible for updating the app with live system information) - a reboot of the router and/or the Associated Product may help. The same thing is possibly responsible for the blue dot coming and going.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Corry P  I’m beginning to think it’s possibly an account / database related issue now. If I sign out, close the app and start the app again without signing in everything’s great, no blue dots no updating notification. 

the moment I sign in, the blue dots come back along with the Updating notice!

that would explain why the other devices I tested did not exhibit the problem, none of them sign in!

Badge

That must be it then. I had my ipad to hand and used that to set up mini sub and got an update notice immediately, when I used my android later noticed the Truplay was there, assumed it was the update. Didn't know about the iOS triggering it. Thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@SarahN just curios if you sign out from your app does the blue dot on the boost go away?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN just curios if you sign out from your app does the blue dot on the boost go away?

Not really looked and to be honest, it comes and goes anyway. For instance, I’m looking now at my app and the blue dot is gone. But I know it will come back again. I will log out and leave it logged out for a while to check

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@SarahN you will need to log out, close the app and then start it back again and remain logged out. 

I have did that 30 mins ago and all good so far. 

Logged out now at 12.37 so let’s see how long it can last, not showing the blue dot 😀

Odd that it has for most people, but not for you. I wonder if there’s something else going on that ‘s causing this issue. Have you submitted a diagnostic to Sonos, and called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Badge

15.1.1 didn't t fix it for me but 15.1.2 earlier today (UK) did. Some people found 15.1.1 worked though. Diagnostic might help. 

Userlevel 1

My Boost and Play3 have been showing updating the last 90 minutes.  Hope IT is on this as I’m pretty sure this is affecting a lot of users.  Never a problem like this before.

@John76 

Try signing out from you account in the Sonos app, restart the app and do not sign in - still the updating issue? 
If no issue when not signed into the account - you will

find more of us will have this issue across multiple products.. 

For reference, I am seeing similar issues with the update.  It states that the update didn’t completed successfully.  System screen shows several different rooms as Updating and others as Requiring update.  I don’t have a Boost, and am in the US ( I noticed several others are UK)

This was done before I had to leave for work, so I can’t provide any diagnostic or screenshots.  I’m counting on you all to get it all figured out by the time I get back home.

Badge

Same here. BOOST “Updating” status on/off. Although I’m struggling with Spotify drop-outs and no-plays (hi-bandwidth issue me thinks) I’m getting some throughput. Strange cus the BOOST is my connected SONOSNet device. So is SONOS deferring to my wi-fi whilst SONOSNet is not working...or is the BOOST still performing as a gateway even when it’s updating? 

SONOS...rocket science...spot the difference :-( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

I think the issue is affecting your ability to check for updates again. It does seem that all devices are getting and installing the update - that’s not where the issue lies. You should be able to verify this by checking software versions in Settings » System » About my System.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @John76 

I think the issue is affecting your ability to check for updates again. It does seem that all devices are getting and installing the update - that’s not where the issue lies. You should be able to verify this by checking software versions in Settings » System » About my System.

My Sonos Amp says 15.1, the Boost and Play3 says updating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @John76 

My Sonos Amp says 15.1, the Boost and Play3 says updating.

Ah - thanks for reporting that. In that case, you should be able to verify the software versions on a device that was not used to initiate the update. 

It really doesn’t look like the issue is with the update going through successfully, so there shouldn’t be a need to check for updates again.

Badge

Same here since yesterdays update to 15.1 diagnostic 1494812019

Userlevel 2

Same issue here as well since update. 

Badge

Re-booted...same o…However now my Move cannot find local wifi (it can’t use SONOSNet). Might be a seperate issue. 

Anyways...why should we have to re-boot all devices (13 in my case) each time we need to apply dot update? I get it for full versions.

Do I get impression that SONOSNet is on the road to deprecation? If so, before it happens let’s hope that SONOS can figure out means and ways of working around network congestion….of which I got plenty. 

Same o...