Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Same problem with Boost update. 

Also, I have 10 Sonos speakers on the system and it always takes 15 seconds plus to sync and start play if i like most / all of the speakers. No issue with a few speakers.  This is annoying when starting a Playlist or album but makes it unworkable to play single tracks.  Any suggestions?  I upgraded my router to best available, added Sonos Boost, changed Sonos channels to all options, and full restart to system several times. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Evening, I’m getting the blue dot with the boost only

unplugged etc still the same 

diagnostic number 1694045

playback seems ok at this stage

pls advise

Boost related diagnostic

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh what fun Sonos is at times..come home to this crap…

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Oh the surprises Sonos gives to us..come home to this..was working fine for weeks..

Userlevel 2

Doesn’t seem like a huge deal for most. It’s annoying. But, gotta think an app update would remedy.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have it too: diagnostics 456082248

Badge +1

Same issue. Diagnostic #2002169591.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has anyone with this issue been given a fix time frame by Sonos support?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

There is an app update - 15.1.1, that I've just updated on my phone. Speakers don't have an update so let's see if this makes a difference 🙂

Userlevel 5
Badge

There is an app update - 15.1.1, that I've just updated on my phone. Speakers don't have an update so let's see if this makes a difference 🙂

No 15.1.1 update for iPhone in Australia. 😬😬

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ah, apologies. Quality Assurance. Something that we in the software business both rely on desperately, and equally fear/hate. No matter how much Quality Assurance testing there may be, it’s never enough to cover every possible thing/system, and bugs can creep through. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve been roasted for failures in QA. Never mind the fact that they capture 99.9% of the errors before they reach the public, the developers (and QA) get roasted for that .1%.

Not really good enough though we pay a lot of money for this speaker system … a lot.  So I don't expect things like this to happen for the amount of money I paid for Sonos.  We get told this is a premium product which is why it has a premium price tag so they need to step it up. 

Badge

Same issue, diagnostics = 1806922381

Userlevel 3
Badge

Has anyone with this issue been given a fix time frame by Sonos support?

When I called support today they told me I had to wait for the next up date. 

I don’t see one on the iOS store in the US, either. Wonder if maybe it’s just a firmware update that you process through the controller only if you have a BOOST installed, which I don’t (and I also have auto-updates enabled). 

have the same, the Boost continuously shows that it is supposed to be updating. It appears and disappears and sometimes influences which speakers are actually available. It is allegedly updating for the past 26 hours now:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dogdad 

I did notice your screenshots on page 5 looking once more just like they did in 

Has this improved for you at all? If not, please get in touch with our technical support team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Dogdad 

I did notice your screenshots on page 5 looking once more just like they did in 

Has this improved for you at all? If not, please get in touch with our technical support team.

Yes.. everything looks great. Except, of course that little blue dot 🥴😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dogdad 

OK good - that seems to have been the worst anyone has experienced with this issue, so I’m glad it’s improved somewhat!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you log out of the app, the Boost should no longer erroneously show as updating in app.

I jiust logged out of the app and back in. Boost still updating… 😯

Diagnostics: 1482189630.

To get rid of the dot, you have to stay logged out. If you log back in, it will appear again but does not affect playback anyway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @beynym 

To be clear, you need to log out and stay logged out to keep the blue dot away.

Thanks @Corry P, I stand corrected!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The new update is out for the new speakers so let’s hope it fixes this issue 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Happy to report that the new Sonos update 15.1.1 has fixed my Boost updating error!! Hopefully everyone else has noticed the same.👍

My app is also open and so far, so good 😁

Message from Holland:

It seems so far the problem with the Boost has been solved .

Fingers crossed

Hi @Hinksy99 

As you don’t own a Boost, you are somewhat off-topic here. I appreciate how you might feel the issue you experience is related, but I really don’t think it is.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Well, I think you’re wrong, seeing as it’s exactly the same issue as everyone else with the Boost, but fine, I’ll pointlessly create another thread for ‘infinitely updating in 15.1 on a Sub Mini this time’.

I’m looking at it now, it says ‘Updating’ with a blue dot and it’s been that way for an hour. If I force close the app, just asks me to update.