Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

247 replies

Same on the Mac app, can’t update oh yeah!

Completely different issue. 

Delete your Mac controller. Go to the Sonos website and install a ‘new’ version. Make sure you choose ‘connect to existing system’ when prompted. 

This is the issue you’re dealing with on the Mac…

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Looks like the 15.1.1 update has sorted the “Boot Updating” issue. Well done Sonos. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a similar problem. My issues is with my Sonos Boost. Show’s it updating with a blue dot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN, @Blaubaer82275 & @jamrod 

Thanks for flagging this issue. So we can investigate, could I please ask you all to submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the numbers given? Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Same Problem here

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you to you too, @jamrod!

Are you an Android user? Where are you located? Here in the US, there has not been a 15.1.1 for either iOS or for the Mac. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Looks to be the same after doing that but just re-starting my phone to check that also now

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm in UK and on android. Just got a mini sub today and noticed the update. Update 15.1.1 allows me to Trutune on my 4 year old mobile, so not all bad!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yeah no change but like I say, this comes and goes so the blue dot thingy can be there one minute and gone the next which is odd. The Boost itself however shows the normal white light and speakers show as WM: 0 as they should

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SarahN & @jamrod 

Thanks for trying that. If you don’t mind, please try the following:

1. Sign out
  2. Force Close the app
  3. Reboot the Boost
  4. Open the app
  5. Sign in

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks for that info, @SarahN!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Here in the US, there has not been a 15.1.1 for either iOS or for the Mac. 

Neither in NL, still on 15.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @SarahN & @jamrod 

Thanks for trying that. If you don’t mind, please try the following:

1. Sign out
  2. Force Close the app
  3. Reboot the Boost
  4. Open the app
  5. Sign in

Thanks again!

What do you mean by ‘force close the app’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am in uk and still 15.1 on ios 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

15.1.1 was released a day or so back yes.

What do you mean by Trutune @B33Jay ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thanks for that additional info. As you’re unable to play, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean that other controller devices don’t show the same issue?

Just a quick note that I have run the update with a Boost in my set up and it has all gone through in under 5 minutes. I had to run it a second time to get it on my Roam. But now all completed ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thank you for that addition information. As you’re unable to play music, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean the issue only appears on that one device, and other’s don't exhibit it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry - my mistake. Trueplay I should have written which has just appeared on my android. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Flare 

Thanks for that additional info. As you’re unable to play, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.

I am having the same issue but worse as it happens consistently. The blue dot and the words Updating appears randomly on different speakers on the device I used to run the update.

Does this mean that other controller devices don’t show the same issue?

Hi Corry. So far ONLY the device which ran the update appears to have this issue. I checked 3 other iOS devices in my household and they don’t seem to exhibit the same behaviour…for now at least. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sorry - my mistake. Trueplay I should have written which has just appeared on my android. 

Really? Where is it?  I would expect the addition of True play on Android to be a much ‘bigger’ thing..

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Flare 

Thank you! I can’t imagine this not being important information!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Flare  - re-boot your devices that are showing not online and they should be OK. My system is showing ok in the app again now but the Boost updating thing is still there. Just checked a few speakers to make sure they are playing OK and they are thankfully.

Seems like an App issue to me