Answered

Spotify skips to next song or stops playing, other sources work just fine meanwhile

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

269 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Tagging onto an old topic isn't the greatest way to get some visibility for your issues, hopefully Sonos will see them and respond. You can create a new one from the forum home page, there is a create link near your user ID.

Did you try Keith's test above in this topic?
Badge

No dice. Still trouble at startup and drops from one or more speakers when using Spotify. Going to try YouTube Music for a while again. I'm bummed but for me this is too big an issue to stick with Spotify. 

Hi - having the same problem and just increased my internet connection speed last week. Diagnostic number is 1410518173
Same issue - have 1gb Comcast internet with Velop mesh network and a sonos bridge. Seems to work find when playing through the Sonos app. However, fails when playing through the spotify app.
Same issue here. Quite irritating.
Diagnostics submitted on phone and laptop. 403090987 and 1761356370 respectively.

Happens on speakers connected through wifi and ethernet cable.

Randomly jumps to next track while using Spotify. Usually multiple times within a few minutes and just after a few seconds of playing a track.

Badge
Same issue here. Spotify stops randomly
I am having the same issue as listed above. If I play ANY playlist from Spotify it skips songs, jumps ahead, I get messages that say connection is lost or song cannot be played. I do not have any of these problems when I play apple music. It is so frustrating. I have a whole house solution in place that I can't use. I have hardwired my playbar, I have put the sonos network on channel 6, I have made sure my wireless is NOT on channel 6. I have done EVERYTHING i have read about and still I have the same issue, day after day after day. This needs to be sorted out, sonos.
Perhaps it would be time for you to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @wentzel  and thanks for the update. Your Sonos system is currently operating on your WiFi so that your Sonos channel is essentially the same as your router channel. Once you wire a Sonos player (component or speaker) to your network, Sonos will then start its own mesh network that you can manage the channel on from the Sonos app. 

Please feel free to submit additional diagnostics as you make changes and adjustments to your system and post them here for us to look over. 

If you previously had a player wired in you may want to return to that configuration sooner rather than later if that was more stable for your system. 

If your network has Ubiquiti switches or access points you may need to make adjustments to the multicast settings for the network to be compatible with Sonos.

I have this same issue for some weeks now and I did contact Sonos support several times about this. Last week, they told me it was a known issue and they were working on it.

I’m not sure it is Sonos to blame. I’m considering switching away from Spotify to Deezer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi there, I'm facing the exact same issue since a month or so. 502269708 please let me know where this is going wrong ? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
I think at least in my specific case we can rule out interference or the network being the issue. What are your thoughts?

Clearly wireless interference should not be an issue, so if you share a Diagnostic code then the Sonos folks should be able to help you. My WAG would be DNS as it sounds like you have a solid wired network but the diags should point out the root cause.
Badge

Hi @wentzel  and thanks for the update. Your Sonos system is currently operating on your WiFi so that your Sonos channel is essentially the same as your router channel. Once you wire a Sonos player (component or speaker) to your network, Sonos will then start its own mesh network that you can manage the channel on from the Sonos app. 

Please feel free to submit additional diagnostics as you make changes and adjustments to your system and post them here for us to look over. 

If you previously had a player wired in you may want to return to that configuration sooner rather than later if that was more stable for your system. 

If your network has Ubiquiti switches or access points you may need to make adjustments to the multicast settings for the network to be compatible with Sonos.

Thanks, that is helpful to know around how the network works. I guess I'll have to try with a wired connection then.

I'm not sure about multicast settings, is there a Sonos support article with information what settings the Sonos system needs to work well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I've been having these issues lately. Only seems to happen with Spotify, while TuneIn and Pandora work fine. Just submitted a support diagnostics. The confirmation number is 629343782. Had Spotify dropping out, skipping songs and not being able to play the same song on 3-4 speakers at the same time within 10 minutes of submitting the diagnostics.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your system is having a hard time communicating wirelessly. This is likely due to wireless interference. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. It may also help to move away any wireless electronics you find hear or in between your Sonos speakers.
I've been having these issues lately. Only seems to happen with Spotify, while TuneIn and Pandora work fine. Just submitted a support diagnostics. The confirmation number is 629343782. Had Spotify dropping out, skipping songs and not being able to play the same song on 3-4 speakers at the same time within 10 minutes of submitting the diagnostics.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your system is having a hard time communicating wirelessly. This is likely due to wireless interference. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. It may also help to move away any wireless electronics you find hear or in between your Sonos speakers.

Thanks Jeff! Would it help to wire all of the Sonos speakers up? Plug them in with ethernet?

So now you ask for more details via email and I respond to a unmonitored account, great.

Bose here I come

This is still happening to me, tried resetting everything. Rebooting the router. Signed out of Spotify on everything and re-setup, and still skips one or two songs, mid song. 
Now on top of this, because I have Sonos play 1 and play 3, I have a version of Sonos app that’s not going to be updated (S1). Just bought a beam so maybe get limited functionality. 

Think Sonos have overestimated brand loyalty - i will be switching to new equipment soon if things like this aren’t sorted out.

I am an IT guy with a rock solid WiFi mesh network. About a month and a half ago songs on Sonos playing through Sonos started skipping songs mid way. I don't buy the WiFi story that it is disconnecting therfore skipping songs. I don't have the issue when streaming songs through Sonos using Amazon music. I spent two hours with Sonos Tech support only to be cut-off after I had sent no less then 5 diagnostic tests to the tech. The tech helping me was nice, but seemed incapable of figuring out my issue. I was then dropped from the call and my issue was never fixed. In my personal opinion there is a problem between Sonos and Spotify interfacing which is causing the songs to skip only when songs are streamed through Sonos onto Spotify. I would like an answer from Sonos and not some bogus your WiFi is causing the issue answer. I am waiting.

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi there, I'm facing the exact same issue since a month or so. 502269708 please let me know where this is going wrong ? Thanks!

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speaker is losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This can happen when there are many nearby wireless networks, especially if they are running on the same wireless channel as your own. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 1, which is less crowded.

Thank you very much for the response. I've tried switching Wifi channels using an Android app that shows which channels are in use already nearby. I tried several channels by now but the problem keeps appearing, Is there anything else I can try ? Streaming netflx for example doesn't give me any issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JohanL 

Your speaker is reporting that your router isn’t performing certain networking tasks reliably. I recommend you unplug your router for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speaker is losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This can happen when there are many nearby wireless networks, especially if they are running on the same wireless channel as your own. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 1, which is less crowded.

Thank you very much for the response. I've tried switching Wifi channels using an Android app that shows which channels are in use already nearby. I tried several channels by now but the problem keeps appearing, Is there anything else I can try ? Streaming netflx for example doesn't give me any issues.

You can try repositioning your speakers, or moving away any third party wireless electronics you find near or in between your speakers. If you send in a new diagnostic report I can take a look at the current wireless environment.
I am having the same issue, songs being played via Spotify cutting out, skipping and re-starting. Diagnostics #268906591.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same issue, songs being played via Spotify cutting out, skipping and re-starting. Diagnostics #268906591.

Thanks!

Thanks for the report. It looks like there's a bit of interference from nearby wireless networks using the same channel as your own. Try changing your network's wireless channel over to 6 and see if that helps.

I’m having same issues.  Everything was fine with a slow speed internet but when I upgraded to Verizon Fios, nothing but skipping when I play Spotify.  I have a playbar, 4 ones, 1 three and 1 five.  Lengthy waits also getting on my nerves to try to resolve this. Diagnostic #8343284570. I will NOT be spending any money on new Sonos products until this is resolved.