Answered

Spotify skips to next song or stops playing, other sources work just fine meanwhile

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

269 replies

I am having the same issue with Spotify titles skipped. Other sources work fine, although I am using mostly Spotify and TuneIn. I also have the feeling that it is always the same tracks getting skipped. No recent changes in my setup either and one speaker connected via Ethernet to router. Diagnostic data submitted: 335506190

Did a DNS reset. had some improved functionality for a bit, but things have fallen back into an intermittent mess.
Latest Diagnostic is here:

• What devices do you have? Soundbar, subwoofer, (2) 1s, (1) 3 (1) Connect
  • Has anything changed on the network? Added the Connect back to my system
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to? Spotify and TuneIn
  • Is the behaviour always the same? In the sense that I can count on it skipping while I am listening, yes.
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random? It is random.
This is just massively frustrating. Lots of money spent for a whole house audio system.
Badge +1

I am getting the same problem, tracks skipping, stopping and also volume control isn't sync across.

WIFI around the home.

https://www.zipshare.com/download/eyJhcmNoaXZlSWQiOiIyYzc4Mzk4OC03YjlhLTQ1ZWYtOGJiNi0wNDExNzE2Yjg4ODkiLCJlbWFpbCI6Im10aW50QG91dGxvb2suY29tIn0=

Mine has started doing this from last week.

worked fine for 8 years, all of a sudden Spotify plays for 5-6 songs then mid song skips 2 along, always 2 along. Been through different t set ups with different twitter chats nothing changes! 

Same here

It’s highly irritating. Can hardly play mine now.

the last twitter solution they had was to “connect my move to through Apple airplay, via the Spotify app, turn volume down and then group to my living room play 5 ”!!!

great but my  phone runs out of battery after a little while streaming to Sonos! And the Spotify app on. Plus using airplay one through the Spotify app makes Sonos as responsive as a Wet turd…..or is that the whole

of my Sonos set up at the mo?

Badge +1

I am getting the same problem, tracks skipping, stopping and also volume control isn't sync across.

WIFI around the home.

https://www.zipshare.com/download/eyJhcmNoaXZlSWQiOiIyYzc4Mzk4OC03YjlhLTQ1ZWYtOGJiNi0wNDExNzE2Yjg4ODkiLCJlbWFpbCI6Im10aW50QG91dGxvb2suY29tIn0=

diag summited - Your confirmation number is: 2081387114.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there ​@wentzel,

Either Ubiquiti support or a networking professional will have a better idea of what configurations are possible on that model of Ubiquiti router and I was able to locate a page regarding STP settings here

That being said, I have consulted with a few colleagues here and we have a very specific test scenario that we would like you to try.

1. Remove the Ethernet cable and return to a WiFi based configuration
  2. Test playback from Spotify on the “Kontor” Connect: Amp.
  3. Add other players to Kontor keeping this player as the group coordinator.
  4. Submit a diagnostic report with the results, hopefully the second report will not be corrupted.

If this playback test fails it may be necessary to acquire a switch that supports the STP settings we need for the network to be compatible with Sonos. 

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

So I've done that and guess what still skipping tracks.

Diagnostic 2095212266

I’ve been having this exact same issue for a couple months now.  Every other service works fine. 

It makes shelling out £1500 a little sour, plus expected to shell out another £500 soon for a new 5

Same issue. This is new after over 7years of Sonos use. Diagnostic 529465400

Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Keeps skipping song or pausing. 370688406
Thanks

I have a similar problem with Spotify stops playing and after some time 5-10 seconds continues. It’s only my Sonos Play5 Gen1 thats affected, not my Sonos One and it doesn’t matter which channel I use or the Play5 is close to the Access point or not. Other sources works fine. For my system it started around october/november 2019. Sonos support says it’s my wifi ...

My network equipment is:

• Ubiquiti Networks USG,512MB (router)
  • Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC LR (UAP-AC-LR) (access point)

I have made these changes on the configuration as requested by Sonos support but it did’nt make a difference:

• Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
  • Disable Auto-Optimize Network.

I’ll check the other setting mentioned above.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Shaunybabes Thank you for the updated diagnostic report. 

I’m still seeing some wicked interference in your system even though Sonosnet is now separate from your Wi-Fi channel. 

Have you checked our common sources of interference page to see if anything could be relevant?  

Is your router located in a cabinet or in immediate proximity of anything metal or other audio/electronic gear?

Where is your Boost relative to your router (on, next to, under)?

Badge

Scratch that - my issues continue. Was fine for a day or so, but now back to cutting out and skipping.

Badge +1

Before you try to fix the wireless issue, try the wired, closed network if a speaker is close to the router. All you need to do is simply wire any of your Sonos products to your router with an ethernet cable, and your system will switch over automatically. You will need to keep one of your Sonos products wired to your router permanently in this configuration. Your easiest solution to wireless issues may be to switch to the wired network--it worked for me after a year of aggravation!

Have to admit I am relived to find this thread. If only so I know I am not going crazy. This problem started for me immediately after switching to S2 and now happens so frequently that it’s making my expensive Sonos set-up nearly useless. Have been a loyal customer of Sonos and Spotify for years and years. This problem is depressing. 

i switch router channels and rebooted all components of my set-up. Uninstalled and re-installed apps. Still happening. A real bummer.

Hi @RonSingapore,

Thank you for the additional information about your system. 

I asked about the wiring since the only way to set Sonos on its own channel is to wire a Sonos player to the network via Ethernet cable.

Is there anything that you can do to reduce wireless interference in your network?

Hi @Jean C. 

When Sonos is wireless (connected via wifi), Spotify exhibits the problems we’ve been describing above. TuneIn works perfectly in Sonos wireless mode so there is probably something wrong with Spotify.

On the other hand when I connect Sonos via ethernet to the router, Spotify works great.

I bought Sonos for its wireless capabilities - I’d really like to hear your recommendations to get Spotify to work wirelessly. Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem. I just bought my Sonos Beam, I am wired to the router and our internet connection is pretty fast 150Mbs. Spotify keeps skipping or dropping. Here is my diagnostics number: 554724061

Hi there,

Your speaker is having a hard time authenticating with Spotify. Please try removing Spotify from your Sonos system, add it back, then test again. It may also help to reboot your router and speakers. Doing so refreshes your network's information and may help.

If the above steps don't help, our phone team can help troubleshoot live. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I'm also having the same issue. Keeps skipping song or pausing. 370688406
Thanks

Hi there,

It looks like there are some connection errors between your speakers and Spotify. These may be related to DNS lookups timing out. Please reboot your router, then also reboot your Sonos speakers to refresh your network's information. If the issue persists, please give us a call.
I am tired on trying rebooting my device, my router, my user and password, having no other devices near and MOST of all fighting back BOSE fans telling me that that is why BOSE is better thank SONOS. I am a SONOS fan all the way but not been able to use my wifi it is the worst thing
here is the diagnostic report

Lately regularly Spotify numbers are not played in full through my Sonos Network (regardless which player or channel). Just again, diagnose 233532739. I’ve tried channel 1 (current), 6 and 11. All experiencing the same.

Appreciate support. With kind regards, Lenno Maris

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Problem still here with Sonos S2!! Just unbelievable. Weeks (months?) now that it’s there, and nobody from Spotify and/or Sonos do anything to fix this!!??

We pay a subscription to Spotify, we have bought expensive Sonos devices, and nobody there can fix this!?

How long do we still have to wait? Is there a little hope that it will be fixed at one time? Or should we prepare to use YouTube Music or Amazon with Bose devices instead?

<very angry customer>

Hi, 

I have been having the same issue since I got a Spotify account in February. I select a song. Plays for around 20 seconds and stops. Restart the song. Stops 20 secs later.. Give us in frustration. 

In reply to your request: 

• What devices do you have? Living Rm: Playbar, Sub, 2x Play:1; Kitchen: Play:1; Bedroom: Play:1; Boost in 2nd Bedroom 
  • Has anything changed on the network? No
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to? Spotify 
  • Is the behaviour always the same? Yes, described above 
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random? Yes, definitely. 

I have tried all of the things I see on threads: powering down all devices and turning back on one by one; changing channels on the Sonos system; etc. 

I have always had an issue with TV sound dropping out in the Kitchen when grouped with the Living Room. I gave up on that a long time ago. 

I would add my concern and disappointment that such an expensive bit of kit only works for TV in the Living Room, my personal music library, and radio stations. I expect it to do everything. 

Diagnostic submitted - Your confirmation number is: 1469798923.

Can you please help me I dont understand what is happening!