Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

2045 replies

The new app is terrible, my system that worked great for 4 years will not work. The app defaults to a tv play bar and will not go to speakers I designated. Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Userlevel 1

I don’t know what problems Sonos was trying to solve with this new ver 80.xx.xx app but I know they created some brand new ones. 

• Tried to play the tops hits of an artist on Tidal and it only played the first song (never had that problem on S2 app)
  • After opening app it could not connect to my Era 300 even though it was already playing a song
  • Opening Pandora in the app failed on first try (never remember that happening in S2)
  • Its much more clunky adding a remove different rooms/devices
  • I don’t appreciate the adds for Sonos products (e.g. Ace headphones) in the valuable home page space
  • Takes way longer to populate metadata (e.g. images of album covers, names of channels, etc.)
  • What is “Your Sources” and why is that on the home page? My is defaulted to My TV (why? - my TV only displays video)
  • First song played on Pandora did not finish before the next song started

I would love to go back to S2. It worked fine for my needs. What am I missing?

Installed few days ago new version of app . 

Gave me so many problems and still is giving me issues. 
First one is not seeing system, second not able to register products, than following AirPlay every product that I try to air music is asking for password, than asking me to login every time that I open app  with following error that I am not authorized user of system. 
Tried deleting everything and setting up again same issues!

SONOS get this solved. 
Spent almost $4k on sound system that doesn’t work properly! 
Get things SOLVED !!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Dont forget to give 1 STAR RATING.

Userlevel 1

Tune in radios do not work well anymore..very messy to keep listening to my usual radios channels..

Each time I open the app it requires me to search for my system or need to close and open the app..

The app crashes when used on Chromebook…

I was happy to hear the new app was coming but this is a disaster and I do not even refer to the missing features ,.......

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Broken company

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with the new app. For a company that I have held in such high regard to force us to accept such an inferior piece of software junk is disappointing and disillusioning. You need to fix this right away or will find your heretofore devoted customers — and advocates — falling away. Right now I am listing to only one of my many speakers because the others are grayed out and I can’t bring the individual speaker controls. Ridiculous, since the last version of the app worked fine. Whoever designed this new app for you, and whoever approved its release, should be let go. Please don’t subject us to them anymore. 

Instead pushing Sales of Sonos products by offering a Special Summer discount, Sonos should provide an updated App. The existing app is just🤮😵‍💫🤬 and will Lead to quite a lot of used Sonos Equipment which can be bought very cheap (as it is useless without a propper working app).

I have never seen such a big backward step and scrap with an update - which is sold as an Improvement. And from Sonos you can only hear the „sound of silence“ - in more than one aspect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Pure solid crap.

0 star

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’ve created this thread for UI and accessibility feedback 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Gosh….all the posts here and all the fb Sonos forums that just hate the new app. I after reading them will not update the app.

Will Sonos stand up and correct its mistake or turn around and walk away and do nothing? Curious on how it will be handled.

They will prob suggest everyone to buy new speakers with a 5% discount or something. The usual Sonos approach. 

How in the world did you all release this SW with so many issues??  Where is your quality control?  Ex:  I try to select Billie Eilish from Apple music and then select one of her albums and it then starts Anti-Hero from Taylor Swift???????? Just one of many examples of whats wrong with this app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Gosh….all the posts here and all the fb Sonos forums that just hate the new app. I after reading them will not update the app.

Will Sonos stand up and correct its mistake or turn around and walk away and do nothing? Curious on how it will be handled.

They will prob suggest everyone to buy new speakers with a 5% discount or something. The usual Sonos approach. 

Most users asked option to revert back and they ignore

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos - will you buy my products back from me? They look brand new, make great conversation pieces, sturdy and can support multiple beer bottles in them, but unfortunately do not work with your new app. No scratches on equipment.

PS - I have discount count code for new headphones I can pass along.

SMH ...

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Are they closing down?

There is only 1 item in their ig account. LOL

https://www.instagram.com/sonos?igsh=cHQyeDZxNTRvM3Nw

Les titres d'un album ne defilent pas la première chanson tourne en boucle. 

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-
The titles of an album do not scroll, the first song plays in a loop.

Had the misfortune of finding my app has also updated, re-registered my streaming service, says its playing but no sound comes out. I agree this update sucks, Sonos need to fix before I send them back all my speakers and go elsewhere.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Les titres d'un album ne defilent pas la première chanson tourne en boucle. 

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-
The titles of an album do not scroll, the first song plays in a loop.

How primitive

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Had the misfortune of finding my app has also updated, re-registered my streaming service, says its playing but no sound comes out. I agree this update sucks, Sonos need to fix before I send them back all my speakers and go elsewhere.

Rate 1 STAR

Userlevel 3
Badge

UNBELIEVABLE DISASTER. I have lost favorites, I cannot play playlists, the new app has introduced unecessary steps, and when I move from system to system, (we have many in our rental property) I need to “find” the system in 3 steps rather than the automatic re-login that was happening before. 

SONOS: YOU ARE DEAF AND ARROGANT. Listen to your customers or WE WILL WALK. 

RE-INSTATE the previous APP and fire the morons who released this DISASTER.

I can only use SONOS from my desktop pc and mac. 

Hope you do not screw this up as well.

MORONS...

Userlevel 3
Badge

SONOS: I also want you to buy my equipment back if you will keep the current app for much longer. 

APOLOGIZE and reinstate the previous version as your speakers are now BRICKS.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The new app is terrible, my system that worked great for 4 years will not work. The app defaults to a tv play bar and will not go to speakers I designated. Is anyone else experiencing difficulties?

Yes, same s*** happening all over. 

It is unbelievable. 

They should apologize, and the CEO should be FIRED.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

The app is a total disaster. WTF? The excellent search function is gone. The ease use is gone.  The app sends your music choice to the wrong room. And lots of other problems. Hello Sonos! What were you thinking?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

What I want to understand is how they managed to update my iPhone app when I had all the automatic updates turned off.

Does anyone know?

It feels like a breach of privacy as they clearly took over control of my phone.

I like the new UI but …

bring back the “add custom URL feature” and also my radio favs lost in translation. 

since update my radio streams become jerky after a while +/- 10minutes, unrelated to wifi as i’m fully wired, it seems like a buffer / leak issue to me, stoping / resuming the stream gives me another 10minutes of music but this is unbearable on the long run. 

is there any QA people left at sonos ?

hw, 4-Play1: 1Beam