Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Just moving to a new house and purchased the Arc and a Frame 2020 55”, looks like I better return the TV :unamused:

Will love to be part of a fix for this issue. Please contact me

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I would like to receive the patch as well - my Arc is connected to q90t

Userlevel 1

What gives Sonos?  If you got the vaccine for this pandemic I suggest you get it out.  My fever is hot from yelling at this damn sound bar for months. 

I have Arc and The Frame 65” 2019. I can’t finish the setup of the Arc with the TV.

The HDMI is in the HDMI ARC port of the One Connect box and I think the setting for the ARC mode in the TV is on, but nothing happens - it allways says that the ARC mode is not connected etc.

I have the latest update on the TV and in the Arc / Sonos system. 

The only thing I haven’t tried is the beta program of the Sonos, how can I install beta to the Arc? I have joined the beta program, but I don’t know how to install it to the device?

Userlevel 2

I have the Sonos Arc and the Samsung Frame 2020. I live in Sweden and got the patch installed yesterday. So far, it has worked since the patch.

To get the patch, I ringed support, described the problem and that there was a patch for the problem but that this patch had to manually installed (remotely) by support. It took the staff member, who had heard neither of the problem  nor the solution before, about an hour to get information about the the patch from second line of support. They installed it remotely and I was then asked to restart (unplug and then plug in) all Sonos speakers (that seemed silly so I only restarted the Sonos Arc and the speakers connect to it in the same room).

I was informed that the patch disables Sonos Arc’s screen saver, which is a work around.

It has worked since then, although I have not done any extensive testing yet.

My recommendation to my fellow community members would therefore be to not post a request for assistance here, but rather allocate an hour of your time to speak to the Support centre, describe the problem and solution as above and be patient. Very patient. In the end, it will hopefully be worth it.

Badge

This morning I called Sonos hotline (from the Netherlands) and explained my problem with ARC and Frame. The support guy understood and has been aware of the problem. He could not do it himself and created an internal support ticket to escalate to 2nd line. I gave him my sonos account I have registered my systems and now waiting for the patch. My family will be happy once this issue is resolved. The situation has been annoying for such kind of premium device. As IT guy I know to be patient and I am. Hopefully this week I can fully utilize our investment we made last year.

Hello

I also would like to receive the patch as well - my Arc is connected to q90t, thank you

@Ditte I would like to help with the testing - may I have the patch as well, please?  Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’d like to help with testing and/or receive a fix for the issues being experienced.

We’ve had the sound either completely cutting out or causing “stuttering” (both cases requiring a restart) for the last 7 months now.

Our TV is a 2020 model Samsung Frame 55”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Many are blaming Sonos.. but it’s the tv manufacturers. Sony came out with its firmware update that has fixed the issue. You would think   Samsung would do the same. 

For those of you who’ve had the *070 beta patch installed by support:

When you claim “it works” could you provide i bit more detail? Have any of you tested with lossless Atmos audio from 4K Bluray or a downloaded movie? Setting earc to auto on my Samsung the frame 2020 and playing lossless atmos will trigger the sound dropping off completely for 2-3 seconds about every half hour. At least that is my experience when I tested with a 4K HDR movie with lossless Atmos (I have tested 5 different movies total). 

At the moment, I keep earc off. Then I have no issues for 95% of my family media consumption and only set earc to auto when I want to watch a 4K Bluray movie with lossless atmos. For Netflix and the other streaming services I get atmos without earc enabled as the audio signal is compressed (has been discussed extensively in this thread). 

Userlevel 1

Just had a call from Sonos who contacted me via email (presumably off the back of this thread). Paul, in Customer Care, was absolutely fantastic and very helpful. We ran a series of diagnostics to confirm the problem (he could see the errors) and then he applied the patch to my Arc. Diagnostics during testing on Netflix then showed no errors. Problem hopefully solved (at least until we get a proper Samsung patch). As many others have commented, this is clearly a Samsung problem and not really Sonos’s fault. My one criticism of them would have been they could have tested their device with this Samsung range, given they are the most popular TVs in the world - they could have safely assumed that this pairing would be very common across their customer base. Anyway, great service from Sonos eventually and I was particularly impressed that they took the initiative to email and then call me, rather than expecting me to sit in a queue and call them. Hopefully I can properly enjoy the TV/Arc from this point on...

For those of you who’ve had the *070 beta patch installed by support:

When you claim “it works” could you provide i bit more detail? Have any of you tested with lossless Atmos audio from 4K Bluray or a downloaded movie? Setting earc to auto on my Samsung the frame 2020 and playing lossless atmos will trigger the sound dropping off completely for 2-3 seconds about every half hour. At least that is my experience when I tested with a 4K HDR movie with lossless Atmos (I have tested 5 different movies total). 

At the moment, I keep earc off. Then I have no issues for 95% of my family media consumption and only set earc to auto when I want to watch a 4K Bluray movie with lossless atmos. For Netflix and the other streaming services I get atmos without earc enabled as the audio signal is compressed (has been discussed extensively in this thread). 

i dont have any issues with the samsung tv apps like netflix, prime and so on. everything was fine. had the issue the audio was dropping all the time. only a reboot of the arc worked. earc and atmos is turned on.

Not fixed: awful audio delay with bitstream from an xbox series x, but i guess, thats a different topic

… Not fixed: awful audio delay with bitstream from an xbox series x, but i guess, thats a different topic

I had the same problem. The solution was to change Audio out format to Pass-Through, not Auto or PCM. When watching content from your xbox, go to audio --> expert settings to find it.

That fixed it for me at least. 

… Not fixed: awful audio delay with bitstream from an xbox series x, but i guess, thats a different topic

I had the same problem. The solution was to change Audio out format to Pass-Through, not Auto or PCM. When watching content from your xbox, go to audio --> expert settings to find it.

That fixed it for me at least. 

thanks, will try that again, but didnt work the last time, at least not for dolby atmos games

I contacted support to assist and they said since I had a Arc SL I was out of luck for the existing patch which I find unlikely that there is a different firmware. 

Badge

Hi all, same issues here with Samsung The Frame 55” 2020 with eArc

When I contacted support 2 times in 24 hours they put through the process of troubleshooting I requested the patch but was not able to get it from them.

Its annoying having to power cycle the Arc every 2 days not to mention trying to play dolby atmos using earc on my Samsung the frame 2020 will trigger the sound dropping off completely for 2-3 every 30 minutes or so.

@Ditte or support can you help getting the patch? 

case number 02560667

Badge

I spoke to support last night and they repeatedly said it was a Samsung issue and denied any patch then eventually after I repeatedly referred to this forum said that you have to be in the beta program to get the patch/next version early.  Crazy after this amount of time of knowing of the issue ! 

Userlevel 1

Called the US support team twice, was on with them for 30+ min each time and they had no clue what I was talking about.  Seems like this issue and the patch are not tightly coordinated with the dial-in support team.

@Ditte or someone from Sonos Customer Care, can you assist? 

Samsung Frame 2020 75” and Sonos Arc.  I’ve updated the TV to the latest firmware downloaded from Samsung’s support site using a USB drive.  Still the same stuttering problem.

I have a Sonos Playbase and it works perfectly with this TV.

Will Sonos help me or return/refund my Arc?

Quick update for the long time sufferers. Patch was pushed to both my Arcs on the 15th Jan, both are still working perfectly without a single reboot. If you haven’t already, chase support for the fix. 

im over sonos and there bull****, i have tried numerous times for the patch and no one seems to understand what the patch is and what is needed for it 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Badge

I called Sonos support today and they applied the patch manually.  So far so good, on my 2020 Samsung Frame and Sonos Arc setup.  The first line customer support agent had to transfer me to a supervisor, who asked me to run a diagnostic check, then he made some back end changes, then I was able to update the Sonos system using the Sonos app.  He repeatedly told me that it is Samsung’s issue and they viewed this as a temporary solution until Samsung provides a fix.  The Sonos screen saver won’t work in the meantime, but who uses it anyway?  In total it was a 45 minute phone call and it’s working perfectly now.

I have the patch installed but still not working. 🤬 (The Frame 2019)