Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

751 replies

Badge +1

Anyone can confirm that Sony fixed the issue with the last update 6.4960 on the 950G?

Badge

@Ryan S Do you have any recommendations to solve this problem?

This is not resolved.  My sound cuts in and out every 20-30 mins for about 3-7 secondswhile watching dolby atmos content on my 2020 frame tv.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @JT33, thank you for the input.

Since I’m seeing a trend in the diagnostics, I would like for everyone here to check;

If it also happens during Music Playback and with an Optical Adaptor connection to the TV.

If it doesn’t, we have now isolate that the issue only occurs in an HDMI-ARC connection to the TV.

This will give us an extensive report for our Engineers to look at.

Update us with your findings.

Bought the Arc a few days ago to pair with my Sony 85” X90CH along with an SL one pair for surround.  The audio cuts out randomly in spite of trying everything that has been suggested and the issue still persists.  I’m returning the Arc and the SL One pair,  NOT worth the investment of almost $1100 for this type of subpar experience.  Also can't believe reading this thread that this issue has been going on for months and Sonos still doesn't have a fix!

I currently have Playbar and would love to upgrade to the Arc but as I have a Samsung telly and don’t want to change that, I haven’t taken the plunge. Am I wise to hold off or should I buy and be prepared to return it when it goes into Norman Collier mode? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Badge

Valid point from Rtom, to have two of these units but have only one that has the issue is odd. Perhaps there was a bad batch, maybe sonos should contact customers who registered their units to get an idea.

From my point of view as previous post on page 6 I have a Samsung 90T connected to a Virgin V6 box. Then the Arc connected to the TV via eArc connection.

After initially having the issue I've now gone a month with no problems, my system is used on a regular basis and have been changing between the various sources...odd

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same for me. Samsung Q80t updated itself to latest software ver. 2016. Still having sound issues with Atmos content. Also, as suggested, I disabled eARC. That has NOT helped. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

After keeping record of the dates my Arc has acted up, I requested a new Arc be supplied to me in exchange for the one I have. Sonos agreed and it’s on the way. However, after learning it’s a refurbished unit , it will be declined. I paid for a new unit, not refurbished, and expect a new unit in return . Very disappointed in SONOS for this. I won’t be buying anymore SONOS products . 

Replacing it won’t help. You will have the same problem.  It is clearly a critical design flaw.  

Well, received the refurbished unit today and won’t be opening it up. Sending it back Monday. 

I currently have Playbar and would love to upgrade to the Arc but as I have a Samsung telly and don’t want to change that, I haven’t taken the plunge. Am I wise to hold off or should I buy and be prepared to return it when it goes into Norman Collier mode? Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If the TV has HDMI, then I would perhaps suggest you go get the Sonos Arc and bypass the TV with HDFury’s Arcana

Setup as shown in this diagram (just ignore the projector link):

Updated and still getting the issue. Was really noticeable while watching Kong vs Godzilla on HBOMax last night. Really thinking about getting rid of the this Arc!!!

When will we get the resolution we deserve??

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @duncandsami, thank you for reaching out.

I will be happy to look into the issue.

I would like you to take a diagnostic on the system without rebooting the Arc when the issue occurs.

Post the confirmation number and I’ll take a closer look.

Also, check for any TV firmware updates. So we don’t miss any bug fixes the manufacturer has put out.

Update us if you have the diagnostic confirmation number.

My sound disappears sometimes when I change the channel on my set-top box.  It stays off thereafter, whichever channel I select…  ...unless…  ...I go back to the original channel (when the sound worked) - and it comes back.  It is usually OK thereafter when I channel hop some more.  Obviously this isn’t a fix, but it may minimize the ‘faff’ for some folks.  It’s an LG 8k TV

I’m in Australia.

I have a new Sonos Arc, Sub, Five and Samsung Q95T 75”.

Sound intermittently cuts out for a second every few seconds. Can be resolved by playing around with sound settings - but reverts back to same problem every time TV is turned off and on. Using in built streaming apps. 

Is there a solution that doesn’t involve me getting angry every time I turn on the TV and spending 5 mins changing settings, only to feel like I’m getting compromised sound as a result? 

Pretty sure all firmware is up to date. 

Thanks (hopefully) in advance!

I’ve just bought an Arc and 2 One SL’s. When streaming Netflix or ITunes movies the audio cuts for a split second every now and then. Similar to some of the others on this page. I’ve done the override on my Apple TV to force the audio output to Dolby 5.1 only. Still happens. (Don’t even mention Atmos, I don’t think my TV supports that. When I force the Apple TV to play Stereo only I have no issues. Just for Dolby 5.1 or what ever the source suppliers. What do I do ? Looks like it’s a common issue on here. Do I need to return the entire system ? 

It’s not Sonos.. it’s the firmware that needs to be updated corrected by the tv manufacturers. Sony has resolved this issue with their update. System works excellent now with Sony tv. You didn’t mention the tv brand you have but I suspect it’s Samsung (?). They have not got it straight yet. 

Sony has a fix??? That’s news to me!!! Still not working for me!!!

X900H

Sonos Arc, Sub, 2 x Sonos One

Also disabling earc wouldn’t give me dolby atmos sound…and also renders this arc pointless in the first place…

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @jpcarey, thank you for the update.

I apologize I didn’t notice it the first time. Thank you for pointing it out.

I checked the diagnostic, I’m seeing the same errors. TV connection cutting in and out intermittently.

I can also see it’s receiving Dolby Digital Plus in the diagnostics.

To further isolate the issue, check if the issue persists during Music Playback and an Optical connection with the adaptor to the TV.

I won’t stop the return if you decided to go this route. As long it’s within the Money Back Guarantee period you should get your money’s worth back.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out. The community is here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @dk3, thanks for your response. That will be based on how the troubleshooting will end and since they have a Sonos Arc that works perfectly, it seems that the other Arc needs a replacement and it should be done and checked by the phone support team for more details. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Bought the Arc a few days ago to pair with my Sony 85” X90CH along with an SL one pair for surround.  The audio cuts out randomly in spite of trying everything that has been suggested and the issue still persists.  I’m returning the Arc and the SL One pair,  NOT worth the investment of almost $1100 for this type of subpar experience.  Also can't believe reading this thread that this issue has been going on for months and Sonos still doesn't have a fix!

Have you done the Software update from Sony? V6.4960

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I see many talking about the audio drop issues, but not seeing many posts on the tv updates some have done including myself that seem to have corrected the issue.

Badge

Hi,

I’ve just read a post on FB:

« Great news for all of us unlucky enough to own a Samsung 2020 frame tv, Sonos have finally released a patch (build ending 070) that is a temporary fix for E-arc issues caused by Samsung when connected to a Sonos Arc. Just a shame I have multiple other issues with the TV still . But Thank you to Sonos for listening to your customers , which is more than be be said for Samsung #SamsungTV #sonosarc #athmos »

« It’s not a firmware update it’s a patch (they update your build version ) ask to speak to someone in the tier 2 department (guy called Paul has been helping me for weeks, extremely helpful) he deals with U.K. customer market he is still monitoring the case to see how the patch responds for the customers he has uploaded onto  their arc’s. »

Sonos Support in France have not heard about that, if some UK user wants to try...

@dcva_ and @WRM, 

It appears that the best way forward for you both, would be to contact Sonos Support, as suggested above, in order that the Staff can establish precisely what the issues are and perhaps just in case they are specific matters related to your own HT setup. 

Anyway, hope your are able to get your issues resolved soon.

Badge

I had experienced the issue with my 2020 Samsung QLED 55" 90T TV connected to a Virgin V6 box, as previous post Sonos helpline advice was to keep unplugging TV to reset until Sonos could resolve and send in diagnostics if frequency became an issue.

Current update is I've had a week of no issues but don't know why, as I have not changed anything physically such as cables etc.

However I have changed between various sources available, from streaming music from iPad, streaming sonos radio from android mobile, physically connecting my laptop to TV, watching Samsung internet TV and channels from my Virgin V6 box.

Will post again if issue returns.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

Yep..my Sony works great. Sony came out with their firmware update a couple of months ago...no issues.

Dogdad, which Sony TV do you have? I’m thinking about pairing Sony A9G with Sonos Arc over eARC - that working now?

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

Yep..my Sony works great. Sony came out with their firmware update a couple of months ago...no issues.

Dogdad, which Sony TV do you have? I’m thinking about pairing Sony A9G with Sonos Arc over eARC - that working now?