Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

751 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

My LG C9 TV is working fine here and I get Atmos output.

I’m sure I read somewhere on AV Forums that the issues on this thread seem to be mostly happening on all of the 2020 models like the LG CX, Frame etc rather than the 2019 C9, something to do with how eArc was set up on the earlier model.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @OutlawPilot, thanks for reaching out here and I understand that we all want our devices to work and you can go ahead and call 800-680-2345 from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm ET for further checking and may proceed with the replacement since you have one working perfectly. Just let us know if you still need anything. We and the community are always here to help.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I replaced an LG SN8YG sound bar with an Arc. I had the same problem with the LG sound bar…..UNLESS I ran the HDMI between the Apple TV and the sound bar, and then from the sound bar to the TV, 

Of course, that’s not an option with the Arc. So I’m left with the following via process of elimination: problem is either with the AppleTV or with the LG TV eARC.

I guess I could plug in another streaming device and see if that works. It’s unfortunate that every other device is missing an app (Apple TV for google, HBO max for amazon)...ugh....

New to the community - I have exactly the same issues as @Kesilar above.  Also have a new 2020 Samsung Q95T and ever since I have started using the new Arc, the sound cuts in and out every time we turn the TV on.  I have also experienced it when using the Sonos App when there has been no music playing or the TV on for a while.  I believe that this is a more far reaching issue than just when watching TV.

In addition to the whole sound cutting in and out, I have found that the One SL speakers also cut in and out mid movie for a second or so every now and then.

The only way to recity this is to turn the Arc off and on when you want to use it.  An absolutey frustrating situation - is a solution likely to arrive anytime soon @sonos?  I have tried turning on and off Atmos capability, tried other cables, different ports (currently in e-ARC), tried using WiFi & RJ45 CAT8 cables.  Also tried with a different TV - Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Installation: Room 1: 2020 Arc, 2 x One SL & Sub Gen 3.  Room 2: 2020 Sonos Amp & iPort xPress Keypad.  Room 3:  Ikea Sonos Symfonisk Lamp.  Room 4:  Ikea Sonos Symfonisk Bookshelf Speaker. 

No issues with any other Sonos products - just the ones in the room with the Arc!

Diagnostic report 866545666 and 1142277901 submitted

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am going to get on to Sonos support today and hopefully they can help as I am getting nowhere with Panasonic, they are saying it is down to the the way Netfilx, Prime etc configure their apps its not Panasonic. Everybody passes the book to somebody else, its depressing!

I just bought the Sonos arc yesterday and the sound keeps cutting in and out. I have already disconnected the power and HDMI from both ends. Diagnostic code is 1192403593.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Actually now Samsung 1403.1.

Same problem

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I recently went through the trouble of updating the software on my 2020 Samsung Q80T to 1460 (not sure why but only available as a download to a USB stick). Seems to have made the problem worse. Changing channels on YoutubeTV drops sound. I doesn't come back unless I either change the audio source on the TV and then change it back to the Arc, or change channels and change back (this sometimes works but not always). So Samsung does not seem to have fixed the problem yet, and haven’t seen a Sonos software update is quite a while, leading me to think that Sonos has taken the position that its not their problem. 

I worry about these updates that show up for download but not pushed over air.  Feeling like we’re getting test versions.  If it is worse than previous, can it be rolled back to previous version?

1460 appears to have pushed over air for Frame.  Folks seeing any improvement?  I still have to restart Sonos with 1460. Seems it still can’t handle a audio stream start, like tv coming out of sleep or art.  But can reboot into an existing audio stream. 

I recently received my Sonos Arc as well and am also experiencing this.

My Setup:

• Directly connected to eARC/HDMI to my Sony XBR75X950H
  • Arc has physical Ethernet connectivity to my Spectrum router (WiFi not enabled)
  • Firmware is up to date on my Sony television and the Sonos system

I have swapped the HDMI cable and the issue still persists. This happens with any of my streaming apps (Hulu, NetFlix, and Prime). When I unplug just the soundbar, wait for the 10-seconds, and plug it back in, the sound is back.

I will try to use the optical out adapter and see if I still have the issue. The problem is that this very intermittent and not consistent at all. Sometimes the soundbar will work all day and be fine and other times the sound will cut out multiple times a day.

Just wanted to update everyone that swapping out to the optical out adapter seems to have resolved the issue of the TV sound cutting out on my Sony TV. I did see a few posts asking about music and I was able to stream music without any audio issues (AirPlay). Seems like this is isolated to the HDMI/eARC as the cause of this issue. The only downside to using the adapter is that now I have to control volume through my phone or an additional remote. Hoping Sonos has an update soon!

I am a dealer and I have had some issues with audio as well on the Sony A8H model. I used the optical adaptor to bypass the HDMI ARC from the TV to verify it is not a EDID issue. The customers Audio still drops from using the TV apps as well as the HDMI input from the cable company. I spoke to Sonos tech support yesterday and they said they are working with Sony. They did not say however hows fault this is nor did I get a time frame on the fix. I have my customer bypassing the ARC altogether to see if sound still cuts out from TV speakers. 

Does all of the arc soundbars have this problem? One guy here said he had two and one doesn't have that problem.

I'm asking because I wanted to buy an arc but reading this thread I don't know anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

And now the audio dropped completly. It happend when i changed the channel and the audio came back when i changed back to the previous channel.

Diagnostic: 601904730

That’s what happens to me with Arc and Lg cx.

Sams issue with samsung qled 65q95t firmware TizenOs 1460 !

Hi guys. I’m having the same problem here. Just picked up my arc 2 days ago. I have a Sony x9500g TV. Have had 3 instances. Arc sound intermittent, arc losing sound sync, and sound stopping completely. Never happens at commencement, always 10 or 20 minutes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@WRM 

Only uncompressed Atmos. You’d need a very good pair of ears and ideal listening conditions to tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed, if it’s even possible.

However, if a source is only available in Atmos rather than Dolby Digital + (Atmos), the TV would convert it to standard Dolby Digital 5.1.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Just saw this … still doesn’t point to the problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Krishma M , I have this TV QN85Q70TAFXZA, is this the (LS03T) Range?

Will it be available via wireless, does not make much sense it is only available via a manual USB update.

What is the fix in the firmware update?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks and welcome to the new users here in the community. Just to let you know that our engineers are working on a permanent fix so you can smoothly use and enjoy the Sonos Arc with your TV. We have tagged my response as the best answer to easily provide the workarounds and updates for everybody. We keep track of every thread especially the threads with ongoing issues. We’ll keep you all posted here once we have an available update for you. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We and the community are always here to help.

This issue is still happening to me - since November.  Arc + Samsung Frame (55”) 2020.

Diagnostic #267704039

Arc version 12.2.2

Samsung firmware 1403.1

I recently received my Sonos Arc as well and am also experiencing this.

My Setup:

• Directly connected to eARC/HDMI to my Sony XBR75X950H
  • Arc has physical Ethernet connectivity to my Spectrum router (WiFi not enabled)
  • Firmware is up to date on my Sony television and the Sonos system

I have swapped the HDMI cable and the issue still persists. This happens with any of my streaming apps (Hulu, NetFlix, and Prime). When I unplug just the soundbar, wait for the 10-seconds, and plug it back in, the sound is back.

I will try to use the optical out adapter and see if I still have the issue. The problem is that this very intermittent and not consistent at all. Sometimes the soundbar will work all day and be fine and other times the sound will cut out multiple times a day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hi-tone 

If you get Atmos at all from the Arc, then all is set up as it should be, and any issues after that are due to either content, the source (Apple TV), the physical connection, or the TV’s handling of external audio feeds. The TV’s handing of audio seems most likely, in your case.

Dolby Digital + is how you can get Atmos over HDMI-ARC rather than eARC. It should not switch mid playback, and if you watch content that only has compressed Atmos, rather than uncompressed, DD+ will be used, regardless of your connection.

Please unplug your TV from power for at least 30 seconds. If that doesn’t sort the issue out, you’ll likely need to wait for Samsung or Apple to release a software update. 

Feel free to get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system, and double check what’s happening here.

I assume the quiet Netflix logo is due to devices (presumably the Arc, but maybe the TV too) determining what kind of stream is being played at the start - if sound is played before it’s understood what format it’s in, you get some very nasty noises.

Same issue with my LG OLED55B7A.  I have a ROKU box as a source.

1. It only happened over ARC.
  2. I swapped out HDMI cables.
  3. I swapped out which HDMI port on the TV I used.
  4. Did occur if I tried to use airplay and then toggled back to the TV.  If I stopped the airplay then toggled back to the TV it appeared to work better.
  5. Sometimes it would come back by itself, other times rebooting the TV and ARC would fix the problem.  On the last occasion it just stopped working altogether, independent of what I did.

I was getting to the end of my free return period with Bestbuy so I gave up and sent it back. Life is too short. Shame, when it worked it was ok !

My TV firmware was up to date.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

After keeping record of the dates my Arc has acted up, I requested a new Arc be supplied to me in exchange for the one I have. Sonos agreed and it’s on the way. However, after learning it’s a refurbished unit , it will be declined. I paid for a new unit, not refurbished, and expect a new unit in return . Very disappointed in SONOS for this. I won’t be buying anymore SONOS products . 

Replacing it won’t help. You will have the same problem.  It is clearly a critical design flaw.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Maybe get a different tv brand that has the newest updates?? Panasonic is not a popular brand... 

Oh do behave!

Badge

Well after much deliberation for weeks I decided on the Arc, Sub and two Play1’s, hoping Sonos would at least put their head above the parapet and acknowledge this major problem. There are many hundreds of complaints and suggestions on how to resolve this persistent issue but none from Sonos. My tv is not eArc or Dolby Atmos (that baby will be here in May when I have the dosh), however my present TV is a decent 55’ samsung 4K which I have had for 4 years and never ever had a problem with several soundbars with  sound cut out. I have tried both wifi connection and ethernet connection to all my Sonos setup pieces and gone through just about every suggestion I have come across only for the problem to return in a short space of time. Some say it only happens occassionally and only certain channels,which os ‘ok’...realy ?. If I am going to drop 2K on a soundbar then ‘ok’ is not going to cut it. I really do like Sonos and also have an Amp, sub and two speakers in my kitchen which work perfectly well. I shall perservere with this lot over Xmas (at least I shall have 95% decent sound) and if it is still an issue into January then, sorry Sonos but it’s all coming back to you as I just cant be arsed faffing around with it any more, and I shall purchase another alternative top quality tried and tested soundar and sub for my new TV when I get it.