Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

751 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@David_367, I upgraded to 1402 but have not had a chance to test out yet.  I assume 1402 and 1402.1 is the same, on my TV it says 1402 (not 1402.1).  Very disappointing that your problem has gotten worse.

@Krishma M  - wasn’t the updated firmware for Samsung supposed to fix this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So 5 days running not had a complete audio drop changing between sources on the LG CX, since installing 3.11.30 firmware on CX.

Before I was getting at least 1 drop a day, although I have had 1 drop just turning on TV and then it dropping after a few seconds, but it’s not done it when source switching.

Looking promising, It would be great if any owners of the LG CX could post feedback who had issues and if 3.11.30 has fixed dropouts?

Just would like to get an idea if it’s me being lucky at the moment or it is fixed somewhat.

Sony XBR-77A9G Arc, Sub, Surrounds.

Wishing I knew about this before spending nearly 2K

Sound cuts out and then the regular tv speaker won't work either.

Any hints of a fix anyone?

This may help/may not. If you have Sky Q, change picture settings to 8 bit. I get sound interruption if set at 10 bit. Wierd...

Arc, Sub (g3) and 2 * 1SL. LG75nano996na (8k), using 8k HDMI cable via earc. Music not cutting out. TV does occasionally. TV & Sonos - latest software.  If it helps, I often hear a loud buzz (sounds like a digital signal) for about half a second when tv channel changed, and before audio kicks-in.  Nobody else seems to have mentioned this.  It’s not a problem I need you to solve, just thought it may help you diagnose the cut-out problem. Regards

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

For some time mine was acceptable. I only had complete audio drops once  every 3-5 days when switching source. But after the latest update its happening 1-3 times a day. 

Same issue. Cutting and out Samsung Frame and Arc. 

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

My LG C9 TV is working fine here and I get Atmos output.

Ken,

What LG firmware are you on and do you have eARC set to on the C9 menus? Also are you using the apps on the LG to play or sourcing elsewhere? I’ve been having drops on my C9 (latest firmware) when I have eARC set to on. 

LG firmware is 5.00.10 and eARC is on and the HDMI ports are set to pass-through. I use the in-built Apps Netflix and Amazon and Rakuten TV and also use an Amazon Fire Stick 4K Ultra HD… I’m about to add a Nvidia Shield TV to the setup too.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Did create my own thread on this issue but best to use this thread, I thought I had solved it by changing HDMI cables, but issue persists with audio dropping when exiting internal apps or external devices back to tv tuner.

Also I sometimes get a quick 1 second audio dropout not long after turning tv on, while on tv tuner.

Also for the first time yesterday I was watching the freeview tv tuner and the sound just dropped altogether after a while, I had to switch to another HDMI port and back to tv tuner to get sound back.

TV is new LG CX, and I use eARC and passthrough settings.

Clearly something wrong with this ARC, please Sonos, sort these audio issues out.

Add the brand new Sony Bravia 950h (75” version) to the list of TV’s experiencing the audio cut-out with the ARC.  TV is wall mounted. eArc is enabled. The sound works until suddenly it doesn’t.  I’ve gone as long as 2 movies without it cutting out to cutting out several times in 30 minutes.  My current solution is to open TV settings, attempt to set external audio to the TV Speakers and then immediately roll back to the external audio….sound comes on immediately (feels like the ARC went to sleep but I don’t know).  This thread is already huge and I haven’t seen much from Sonos on this in here.  What is the status of this issue?  Can Sonos at least confirm it is an ARC issue and not the TV’s.  I think I can deduce that given how many different TV’s are experiencing this issue.

Also worth noting, I’ve replaced the HDMI cable which didn’t fix this problem.  I’ve also played around with the audio settings on the TV, specifically going to PCM output but this disables the TV’s ability to pass Dolby ATMOS through which is completely unacceptable.  I should still be in the window where I can return the ARC and then wait for a solution.  That seems to be my next step but knowing a hot-fix is in the works would be a welcome indication.  Sonos?

Ok ! Hope sonos team will fix it… ! i dont know if problem is sonos firmware or samsung firmware… suspens suspensss :-)

I just ordered over $3000 worth of Sonos speakers including the Arc.  I am planning on getting the LG CX65 to go with it but now I’m nervous I’m not even going to be able to watch a movie after reading this thread.  As a workaround, does it work to use the digital audio output?  If so, what does that output from a Dolby perspective? What would I lose?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Why can't we get support in the thread? Im not the only one with the problem? I have tried everything but nothing works and to be honest your answer is really frustrating. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Corry P 

No, never used LPCM. The Sonos app shows it is Dolby Atmos.

I am delaying purchasing the arc and a new LG oled TV because of this issue. 

I did a little research. A user in a sonos reddit.com forum wrote:

“Had a similar issue though it was more like once every episode, so like every 50 minutes I guess. Had a feeling it was due to the voice command or touch buttons being activated by vibrations due to the placement (temporarily slightly inside a cabinet before I wall mount my tv) because I noticed the light would flick on when the audio dropped. I turned off both the voice and touch commands in the app and the issue was resolved.”

“Same here.. All I did was turn off the mic and it didn’t occur again. Tested a few times with the mic and it only happened when the mic is on.”

Will someone on this thread experiencing the sound cutting out try this suggestion and report the result?

Badge +1

I have a LG UN8500 and having drop outs like others on this thread. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a few nights now and it’s driving me crazy. It reads like the others here, and I submitted 159989773. Is there any eta to fixing this? It’s super frustrating!

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

Same issue.  Arc will not play sound on New Frame TV when Earc is enabled.  For grins, I bought a Sony soundbar to see if it’s a Samsung or Sonos issue.  Sony soundbar worked so must be on Sonos end

I’m having the same issue here. Arc+sub+ones connected to Samsung tu8000 earc HDMI. unplugging does fixes the problem.

submitted a diagnostic no 1686438401 if anybody wanna look into that. cheers 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have a LG UN8500 and having drop outs like others on this thread. I’ve been trying to figure it out for a few nights now and it’s driving me crazy. It reads like the others here, and I submitted 159989773. Is there any eta to fixing this? It’s super frustrating!

Nope.. no fix so far. All brands of tv’s are having issues( but not everyone) . 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I have spoken with Sonos and Samsung customer service in the last couple of days. After initially being fobbed off by both, I got to people who knew what was going on. And they gave the same answer, separately - that they acknowledge the issue between Sonos and Samsung and that their engineers are working on it together. Also that they have identified the issue and that it will be fixed soon through a firmware update on the TV end.

So, who knows how soon, or how hard they’re working on it but getting the exact same answer from both companies independently seems to be a cause for hope… 

But you would think that an announcement would have been posted from Sonos verifying this much sooner  and not just telling one person. Don’t you think they’d want to calm the waters and let everyone know that they know the issue and fix...I don’t believe it personally. I’ve talked to 3 Sonos customer service reps in the last 3 weeks about the issue. Not one said that a fix was on its way. They even sent a replacement Arc that acted up the second day so I returned it. Why send a replacement when a fix is coming. Doesn’t make sense. 

@Dogdad, in my case definitely not. Hope to see working update very soon. I saw that Sony successfully resolved the same issue, according to some recent posts… Still waiting for some help from Sonos, but I'm not in optimistic mood...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Corry P I reached out to Sonos support. They advised updating to latest firmware for my Samsung Q80T, believing that this will fix the issue. I am currently on 1462 and my TV tells me that this is the latest available by internet install. However the Samsung website says that there is a new version, 1462.1, which is what the Sonos rep believes will fix the issue. Unfortunately it is only available via USB install using a Windows machine, and we’re all Mac. Bottom line is that Sonos appears to believe that this is a Samsung problem, but I currently have no way to tell. Guess I have to wait until Samsung provides this update by direct download. 

Corey P,

I was finally able to update Samsung firmware to the latest version for my Q80T (1462.1). Problem is still occurring, and in some cases is worse. Not only is there a short pause in audio about every 15 minutes, sometimes sound goes away completely and doesn’t come back unless I shut everything down and turn it on again. Still seems to be associated with Atmos content. I’ve been thinking about buying a sub but am afraid to commit for fear of having to return the Arc. What now?

Badge +1

That’s disappointing! I just submitted another diagnostic (1737454426) because it did it about 5-9 times in less than 45 seconds. It’s incredibly frustrating. What’s everyone else doing to deal with it? Sorry if it’s posted here, I’ve just read so many things over the last week then seen unsuccessful results in the end. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

That’s disappointing! I just submitted another diagnostic (1737454426) because it did it about 5-9 times in less than 45 seconds. It’s incredibly frustrating. What’s everyone else doing to deal with it? Sorry if it’s posted here, I’ve just read so many things over the last week then seen unsuccessful results in the end. 

Mine acts up every 7 days or so. I reset my tv to get it fixed. I write the dates it happens to keep record in case I need it later on.

Don’t know why I can’t edit my own post but here’s an update: I deleted and reinstalled the Netflix app on my Apple TV and playing Lost in Space for 30 minutes now with zero problems. When I had issues, they occurred every 20 seconds or so. Everything working perfectly right now, Lost in Space and Formula 1 coming thru in full Dolby Atmos glory. Hope this helps others.