Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

752 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have Samsung 65” q80t, Arc, sub gen2 and 2 one gen1. Same issue her. Sound on and off, with 5 sec intervals. Unplugged all, and problem solved for now, but this needs a permeant fix from Sonos. Have had the same setup with playbar, and never had any issues, so this is disappointing. 

I wish I would have know this earlier. Just got my Arc System plus Samsung 85“ Q95T and I have the same drop out issues as everyone else here...and there is still no final solution/answer from Sonos. Unbelievable! After more than 4 months! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @mathenautical, thank you for reaching out.

I checked the diagnostic, the Arc has been rebooted 12mins ago in the diagnostic.

I would like to know if you rebooted the Arc? If so, I would like you to take a diagnostic when it happens and without rebooting the Arc.

This so that the diagnostic will have the data of it cutting out.

Please monitor the Arc and update us with your findings.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have upgraded to the latest 1402.1 firmware  on my Samsung Q80T TV and the problem has gotten worse, not better.  It happens daily now - and doesn’t seem to be any solution.  Very frustrating..  I will try and open a case, but it looks to be a week+ waiting time.. diagnostics submitted as 1549313765

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Confirming that after a week on the new 1402 firmware for my Frame TV, my Sonos Arc still has the awful cutout problem.  I now have to unplug and plug in the Arc EVERY TIME I WANT TO WATCH TV!!!  And hope it lasts through the duration of the show I’m watching.

What was supposed to be a showcase system of high investment is now a frustrating waste of money.  SONOS - WAKE UP!!!!  YOU HAVE A MASSIVE FAILURE ON YOUR HANDS!!  AND I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE FAILURE MOUNTED UNDER MY BEAUTIFUL TV!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Nope. Sadly it changed nothing and the problems are still there.

I have a new Arc (with sub and surrounds) and new 65” Samsung The Frame. The audio connection problem is real.

Sonos and Samsung need to work together to fix it.

A simple power on and off of the Arc consistently fixes this. 

But doing this is not only inconvenient, also very occasionally I then have an issue with the Arc cluster properly re-registering on the network, sometimes then, in-turn, requiring me to reset my entire mesh network.

Sonos owes everyone a formal public statement about how it will fix its problem.

And it should fix it, and fast.

If you read the posts, you’ll learn it’s not a Sonos issue, but the tv manufacturers! Sony and Samsung have already come out with firmware updates that fix the issue. Different regions are getting them at different times. 

I’ve installed the Samsung update from last month  it didn’t resolve a thing and I’ve tried the sound bar on my Vizio TV same issue

Badge

There are new soundbars from other manufacturers just hitting the market that use this same interface. While I’d like to see Sonos get serious about this, it is still a possibility they don’t totally own this problem from a technical standpoint. It will be interesting to see how the other manufacturers of soundbars work out in terms of connectivity with Samsung. I haven’t had time to cruise the boards to see what other companies might be having trouble with Samsung TVs. It’s so sad. I love the TV. I love the Sonos Arc driven system. But it kind of spoils the leisure and entertainment mood to keep facing this irritant over and over again.

For the moment, I advise putting your AC where you don’t have to climb over stuff to unplug and replug your Arc. I even thought about adding one of those home automation switches at the outlet, but I think I have to navigate enough remotes to get my TV on and off and navigate to programming. ;-)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have upgraded to the latest 1402.1 firmware and the problem has gotten worse, not better.  It happens daily now - and doesn’t seem to be any solution.  Very frustrating..  I will try and open a case, but it looks to be a week+ waiting time.. diagnostics submitted as 1549313765

We are receiving abnormally high contact volumes, please expect increased hold times and delays of up to one week on email responses. If your question is not urgent, we recommend posting it on the Sonos community.

So hear I am..

Same problem here with Samsung Q80T, Sonos Arc and Gen 3 sub which I started using only yesterday. Source is an xbox one x, set to bitstream out dolby atmos along with 4k/60 over hdmi. Arc is connected via the eARC port using the supplied hdmi cable and tv is set to pass through with atmos enabled. Works beautifully until it doesn't. It will either cut out completely after a random amount of time, or drop out and back again for a second.

Going to sound settings and changing output to tv speakers and then back to receiver eARC fixes the total drop out, I just don't want to have to do this with such an expensive bit of kit.  Immersion killer, so will return it for another brand in a couple of days.

Diagnostics 1474635237 which I submitted while a cut off as above had happened. Sonos devices, xbox and TV all up to date.

Any further guidance would be helpful. Thanks.

@Kyle A and @Krishma M another diagnostic 2102851875. It has cut out every morning when the tv is turn on.  I have hooked up the Sonos ARC to a samsung QE5595T. I just bought the Sonos Arc will it be possible to return the product if the issue is not solved in another month?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Corry, Arc is plugged into HDMI-eARC (and HDMI-eARC mode is enabled). Apple TV is plugged into HDMI 4. I don’t see any way to disable CEC on the Apple TV. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

And now the audio dropped completly. It happend when i changed the channel and the audio came back when i changed back to the previous channel.

Diagnostic: 601904730

That’s what happens to me with Arc and Lg cx.

Me too. Literally thought the audio had cut out on the TV channel. For me, might have been when going from 2 ch to DD 5.1 between the two TV channels.

Yeah for me it almost always happens when switching from stereo channels to channels with 5.1.

I forgot to mention another problem im experiencing when using the regular hdmi arc. Sometimes when i watch a movie where the sound is supposed to be 5.1 i only receive 2.0. When i toggle either eARC on off or the source (hdmi arc to intern speakers) i will get 5.1 again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

There is already a thread. But nothing from Sonos yet…

Thanks Mikkos! Just opened discussions with Sonos support and got a case open. Took my diagnostics files & asked some more infos. It’s now apparently being forwarded to L2 support, from where they should be in touch to schedule a call to get things sorted. Here’s hoping to get this finally fixed.

Badge

Hello, has this issue been solved since then? I have a Samsung Frame 2021, and considering to buy a Sonos Arc, so I’d like to make sure I won’t have any issue. Thanks for your answer. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Kyle A ,

I have owned the Arc, connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV (Model: QN85Q70TA), for over 1.5 months with no issues.  About 2 weeks ago, I started to have similar issues as mentioned by others on this chain.  Using any program/source from the TV, when the problem occurs,I basically hear sound for 5 seconds and then 0.5 second drop, then immediately returns for 5 seconds, then drops.  It is impossible to watch anything because of it.  I have tried all the suggestions and the one that fixes is to unplug.  However, the problem just returns the next day.  

Am I right to assume this is a similar issue and have to just wait it out at the moment?

I submitted diagnostics because I was on the phone with Sonos to relay this information, it is 1885606719.  However, I believe the issue is not there right now as I reset (plugged out) the speaker to fix the issue last night.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Just to let you know that eARC should always be enabled if possible to get the most out of the Sonos Arc. Since we’re still working on a fix and if your TV is having trouble when eARC is enabled and you're using streaming services like Netflix, you can disable the eARC from the TV settings because the streaming audio will still be compressed and you'll still get Atmos. For 4k Bluray or any hard media plugged in directly to the TV and has Atmos, always enable eARC because eARC always looks for uncompressed audio. 

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shr1986 

There is already a thread. But nothing from Sonos yet…

That’s a different issue. The Samsung issue was no audio with eARC enabled, and that thread is about audio interruptions. 

All I can recommend is that you make sure your LG TV is up-to-date, you contact LG if issues persist, and that you please keep LG related queries to LG related threads.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WRM 

Don’t worry about disabling CEC on the Apple TV - it won’t be the problem, or we’d hear a lot more about it.

Have you tried unplugging your TV and Arc from power for 30 seconds?

If so, and it didn’t help, please try disabling the eARC option on your TV - you can still get (compressed) Atmos via normal ARC using the Dolby Digital + (Atmos) format.

Posted earlier on this issue.  After all the connection issues I gave up, took the system back to BestBuy. 2 days later I got a Bose 700 (because it is also white). Using the ARC connection, I have no drop outs on the Bose, which were not related to the source, which points to the sonos.  Noting that both the Bose and Sonos have difficulties reconnecting back to the TV system after using airplay.

The Bose has to also go back because it appears to be a referb unit, rather than new?

I would probably swing back to the sonos if there were any signs of a fix?

I have an LG from 2017 (arc only) and the audio cuts about once an hour. Tried with latest hdmi gen, earlier gen, the supplied hdmi and the optical adapter. I printed all these messages and opened a small claims case since I'm outside return /exchange. Looks like Sonos should be thinking recall instead hiding it and making the end users pay the price. 

Badge

ALLELUIA

Sonos support have just pushed the patch to my system.

It’s a manual update, they called me this morning and we have done some manipulations together.

I will keep you informed if it fixes definitely the problem or not.

I had the same problem and corrected it by ensuring my TV and Sonos products were connected to the same WiFi signal.  For whatever reason, my Beam went offline and when it reconnected, apparently it did not connect properly.  To connect the Beam to my WiFi, I removed the old connection and reinitiated as if it were a new connection.  Fro 2 days, all has been working fine.

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

I’ll chime in too - I have an LG B9 OLED and have been experiencing this same issue. I especially notice it with DD+ content from the built-in Amazon Prime app. Hope that a fix is in the works...