Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

752 replies

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

I had the same issue, just switched off the Dolby Atmos on the TV sound settings and back on again and it seemed to resolve the issue

My setup

sonos arc

sono sub (3.gen)

LG GX65 

Playstation 5

My sound is randomly falling out and switch to sound from tv speakers in 2sec then returning to ARC. This is only while watching TV and not streaming music. When i use playstation 5 the problem happen even more often. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

As well as drop outs, does anyone get that “zip” type sound, notice occasionally on my CX/ARC combo via apple tv 4k when watching atmos content.

Maybe. I heard a weird sound yesterday but its not something i have been experiencing before. But im experiencing the other issues you have with the audio dropping completly when switching source. 

No definitely nothing to do with an assistant. The issue seems to be getting worse with the audio cutting out more and more during normal viewing 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just updated from 12.0.6 to 12.1 right now.  I will let everyone know if there is any changes.  However because this issue doesn’t occur on demand and randomly, it may take several days.  Also, prior to upgrading I also did not have the issue for last several days but I have used the TV very seldom in that period.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think this was for samsung picture tv’s right?  You guys with the LG’s need to keep pushing…I am so sorry...I KNOW how frustrating it is. 

I tried mine when I went home for lunch and it worked...so far, but I can not be sure until the morning as it goes in to screen saving mode overnight.

so how does LG owners start the process to get this resolved?

I’ve just bought an Arc and 2 One SL’s. When streaming Netflix or ITunes movies the audio cuts for a split second every now and then. Similar to some of the others on this page. I’ve done the override on my Apple TV to force the audio output to Dolby 5.1 only. Still happens. (Don’t even mention Atmos, I don’t think my TV supports that. When I force the Apple TV to play Stereo only I have no issues. Just for Dolby 5.1 or what ever the source suppliers. What do I do ? Looks like it’s a common issue on here. Do I need to return the entire system ? 

Badge

I’m also getting the same issue intermittently, I’ve switched cables, plugged in numerous times, and still get the same problem. 

I am not sure but if you go back to page 1 you will see that this thread was started for a Samsung TV. Maybe start a new thread?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I just bought a new hdmi cable (my fourth) hoping that would solve my problem. But after my audio dropped completly 2 times within 30 min i have lost all hope.

It seems as if its a problem with switching audio formats. I just lost audio switching between 2 movies in my Disney+ app and going from 5.1 to 2.0. Its the same as when i switch source going from ATV 4k and usually 5.1 to tv tuner and usually 2.0.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Anyone with 3.21.09 on the LG CX/GX, I have heard some mention it fixes some audio issues and contains some eARC improvements, hoping this resolves dropouts, with Samsung and Sony recent updates improving the issue, it leads me to believe all the manufacturers have fixed issues with eARC hopefully.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Doug74, thank you so so much :)
just talked to the support (germany) and will get the hotfix as well asap. After i told them, that i have an arc and a frame they already knew, why i am calling

At least you’re getting somewhere - US support doesn’t have a clue even though the community mgr here just posted about the hotfix over in the SAMSUNG eARC thread…..comical….

Been having the sound cuts problem for months now… AND i asked the SONOS manager to apply the new patch, the new update for sonos ARC. And it WORKSSSSssss!! No more problem with Disney, Apple plus, Fibe, Crave, Etc... it was def a problemwith SONOS…

btw my tv is Sony x950h. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Corry P I reached out to Sonos support. They advised updating to latest firmware for my Samsung Q80T, believing that this will fix the issue. I am currently on 1462 and my TV tells me that this is the latest available by internet install. However the Samsung website says that there is a new version, 1462.1, which is what the Sonos rep believes will fix the issue. Unfortunately it is only available via USB install using a Windows machine, and we’re all Mac. Bottom line is that Sonos appears to believe that this is a Samsung problem, but I currently have no way to tell. Guess I have to wait until Samsung provides this update by direct download. 

Has there been an update that don’t know about? All of a sudden mine has been worked my perfectly. Two week straight and no further issues. Prior to that my ARC was cutting out every 3 seconds until unplugged and plugged it back in. Would do this once a week. Now I have no issues. Fingers crossed. 

I have Samsung Q8DT TV 2020 with eARC. 

Badge +1

@audiophilia . It’s a known issue. What version of firmware do you have ? Disable the Enhanced Format option of the HDMI ARC and turn off eARC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/i6sbae/sonos_arc_with_sony_x950g_drops_sound/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/hqzli4/new_x950g_firmware_v63632/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/i2qwwk/x950g_and_htz9f_sound_dropout_issues_using/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/i7tuq0/x950h_paired_with_htz9f/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Florentcm thanks for the feedback! I was kind of suspecting eARC to be the issue since that coincided with the x900h’s hdmi 2.1 firmware update. Whoever’s ultimately responsible for the fix (Sony/Sonos), I certainly hope it gets addressed soon. 

I will try to switch back eARC to off and will report here to see if it helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am not sure but if you go back to page 1 you will see that this thread was started for a Samsung TV. Maybe start a new thread?

new thread  started. can we start to get some support?

Arc and LG OLED sound issue

I’m having the same cut in out problems. Is there any reports on fixes other than resetting it all the time?

Same issues, tV is an insignia with HDMI arc. Spent hours on the phone with SoNo’s. they say it is my tv after lots of tests. Sound cuts out every 4 or 5 seconds when using it for the tv and using RAW. Instead I have to use PCM which does not allow for 5.1 or better. This thread shows this is a Sonos issue when designed. Not sure what to do next as I love the sound when playing music, and does not seem to be any more help from Sonos getting the tv sound fixed.

what else can we do?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So after about 24 hours, all seems good. Thought I was going to have a problem once but after a short delay sound resumed on its own. System is Sonos running 12.2 build 6112310 plugged into 2020 Samsung Q80 running 1403.1. So maybe job done for Samsung. 

I was on the phone to the sonos engineer and it seemed somehow my LG CX disabled the eARC capability in the sound input menu so once I enabled it and it seems to have worked. Have had no issue all day or night... Here's to keeping my fingers crossed

Although has anyone else noticed how other hdmi cables dont work when connecting the arc to earc on your TV? My cables are probably 3-5yrs old but still expected them to work... 

A $50 soundbar wouldnt be giving us these fits. Sound cutting out every 15 minutes or so is annoying. Still no fix from Sonos 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is this the same bug as when watching streaming service from any source wether Apple TV or built in the sound just stops working? Like I’ll watch an episode of something on HBO max or showtime or whatever, and when a new episode starts there’s no audio?

I have the 75 inch QN95A. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

“The second issue was that people reported no audio when the eARC setting was enabled on the TVs. This was also fixed in the firmware update.”

Im still having this problem with my Lg b9. I know this is a thread about samsung TV’s but do you know if a fix is coming? 

When i have eARC enabled my tv “loses” audio when switching source. I think its related to sound format. It happens a lot when switching from 5.1 to stereo. I then have to turn eARC off and the on to get the audio back.