Answered

New SONOS App - Feedback

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

icon

Best answer by Gradun 9 May 2024, 10:13

View original

673 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any way to roll back to previous app version for iPhone?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any one tryed putting it back to old version the softwere

Works great in Android. I mean rolling back. 

yes I downloaded the old version apk

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any way to roll back to previous app version for iPhone?

yes I downloaded the old version apk for android

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Not Android - iPhone! The answer is no I think. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have spent two days trying to roll back to last working copy with no luck all down load sites give you new copy off the a;p.   Unless there’s a way I can’t fi

nd

Userlevel 2

Alphabetical lists? Currently everything is in a jumble I cannot find half of what I want. CHAOS!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

On a positive note Spotify integration is much better so could just use Spotify within the app for everything possible and try to avoid the actual shit show of an app as much as you can. 
Luckily have retained S2 on a phone and iPad so they are staying for as long as possible! 

New update = no alarms, no sleep timer, no local libraries, no queue editing, no new playlists, no grouped volume control for individual speakers...shall I go on? This forced update ruined my entire 20+ speaker system except for my play bars which still work for sound on the TV, thankfully.  Roll us back, do your job and give us an app when it's actually functional. Never. Remove. Functionality. 

Adding to the community noise!

1. Favourites and other list cannot have customised order.  So my least favourite favourites appears first and I can’t change it 
  2. I cannot add BBC Sounds shows or podcasts to favourites - only episodes.  And I don’t know where the Sonos radio access to the shows and podcasts has gone
  3. It’s tricky to close the system screen on an iPad as swiping down brings up the iPad split screen menu. And it’s now more cumbersome to manage speaker groupings etc. 
  4. There is a bug where the now playing at the bottom of the screen shows a radio programme from yesterday even though the current  programme is on air 
  5. ipad app has flaky connection to a speaker - says there is an error - but iPhone app can connect. But volume control comes and goes. 
  6. Music Library is a must to resolve asap.

This is definitely a retro step in performance, features, function and usability.  I don’t understand why it had to be released if features (music library  accessibilty) that are key to users have been removed and  will come back in future months.  This feels like the release is for the benefit  of Sonos not its users.  I read that a Sonos rep said it takes courage to change something like the core app - but perhaps it takes more courage to delay the release if it’s not right.   

Wow. Have thing gone south. 
Even the messaging won’t let me edit the topic. 

Run.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Don’t understand how an app update - even a terrible one like this - has also broken existing services and favourites

After finding SmartThings triggered audio was broken and using the migrate-to-self trick to get access back to a Play:1 hardly any stations would actually work

Only some services like TuneIn seem to have been tested to any degree

Regional services (like GlobalPlayer or Absolute Radio) simply don't work and some like myTuner radio that still work if you have the old app but give an error when you access them as a favourite from the new app

Stations started via Alexa do seem to still work but SmartThings relies on favourites

Userlevel 1

The new update is awful. Who signed the update off as fit for purpose? If you have iPhone nothing fits on the screen. What was wrong with previous layout? There is a 10s delay. Song which is playing is not the song on the screen. Apparently alarm features have been removed. I also cannot find previous version. 

What is going on? Clearly there is a shared issue regarding connecting to sonos post the app update. I can’t even send a diagnostics report, let alone manage my networks. I’ve rebooted everything, disconnected speakers, reset apps, etc and nothing is working. And the 60 mintue wait time for support isn’t helpful. Chat support didn’t provide any help.

I’d appreciate some sort of status update or fix from Sonos please.

Hi, I’m not able to add Absolute Radio, BBC radio etc. Any ideas? Nothing comes up when I search. They seem to have completely disappeared after I upgraded to the new app. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t care about new looks. I don’t care about missing features. I only care that none of the user ‘buttons’; play, stop, FF, work after Play is pushed once. Can’t even stop music without using physical buttons on speakers. 

Have deleted app and reinstalled multiple times, nothing! Have rebooted phone, nothing!

Absolutely ZERO customer service! Can’t “chat” with the Sonos idiot bot! Can’t call! No email!

Typical update from a bad company with bad products.

Seriously not impressed with the new app , old one was excellent , I can’t search my music for any songs  it says check service status ( I have you see ) , can’t add songs to queue . I was so excited to down load the new app now I feel my music experience has gone backwards. Surely you must test an app before you release it ? They promised us a better music experience and we have all down loaded an app created by Fred Flintstone , for a company that started out marking apps this is seriously pathetic 

Will the old app surround feature have be in the newer version, I am not able to adjust my speaker distance

With the latest Sonos App update, the volume control has changed to a slider. I preferred the numerical adjustment. We have our speaker on all the time, and having it set to 11 on the old app was perfect. 

Anyone know if you can change the volume control style?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Just tried out the new app, and it feels like déjà vu from a few years back with the S2 release. As a beta tester then, I raised concerns that were ignored in the live release. Had to step away from testing - felt like my time was being wasted.

Sonos, great on hardware, but their software side needs serious attention. Despite feedback, they seem to brush it off with arrogance. It seems to be an enduring culture issue in their IT which hasn't changed in years. Will they ever learn? Unlikely.

Badge

Why is in the new S2 app a NAS device not supported.

How can I now use my onw music in my NAS system?

can you fix this quickly?

i’an NOT happy with the new app!

I don’t like the new app!!  Every time I start playing anything it wants to automatically play in a location I don’t want it to play.  I have unselected it numerous times but it always comes back to that same place every time!

and it is one that I have never used.

how to fix this???

thanks

Userlevel 1

The whole update is an insult to the many thousands of users/consumers who probably the same as me have spent thousands building a system that is now a shambles. Can we have a response from developers, managers etc beyond the mundane fixes coming soon because you should be ashamed of yourselves releasing an incomplete not fit for purpose app.

We did have an update.  Sonos chief product officer Maxime Bouvat-Merlin said “It takes courage to rebuild a brand’s core product from the ground up, and to do so knowing it may require taking a few steps back to ultimately leap into the future.”  Basically, it takes courage to release buggy software and screw your loyal customers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I uninstalled the old app from my tablet and resurrected the “gold” app. (Thanks for the people who gave the tips!). My first reaction when it started up “God, how dated it looks!”. I do think that the new app looks slicker. But, yes, it is missing too much. I was listening to a new album while reading the news paper from the tablet. When a new song started I switched to Sonos to get the title of that song. Every time, it was disconnected from the player and could not display what was playing - it took ten seconds or so, until it did. And constantly, the controller showed the wrong song, it was always behind. I should add that in this zone I have two Play 3 and a 1Gen Sub, a factor that may be aggravating. (I plan to replace the Play 3 with Era 300 later this year.)

I’m keeping the new app on the phone, where I don’t see to have this problem. And when I’m not in the sofa reading the news paper, I’m mainly at my computer. Where I have the Windows app.

Given in my opinion, how poor the recent S2 app upgrade is, lacking features such as sleep, volume mute, instant disabling of ALL zones and probably far more that I cant be bothered to look into, is there anway of downloading the pre updated S2 app?

Sonos is the worst speaker system I have ever owned!   I’ve invested thousands of dollars in their speakers, and have constant issues with them.  The speakers don’t connect, cut out, you have to reset, go from computer to phone it's a constant struggle to use them.  I would not recommend a single one of these speakers to anyone.  I highly encourage if you have the same issues to contact Better Business and Consumer Reports.   For the amount of money you pay, it is not a simple plug and play, the process to play anything is very cumbersome.  There are far superior products on the market, cheaper and easier to use.