Skip to main content
Answered

Sub mini not connecting since update

I haven't been able to connect to my sub mini since the latest app update and have tried factory resetting/reinstalling numerous times.

The app recognises there's a sub but won't do the final part of connecting it to WiFi. 

I'm guessing I won't be the only one experiencing this problem.. 

135 replies

Out the box sub mini not working wtf 

Out the box sub mini not working wtf 

Tell me about it, have a good read through the forum, hopefully you can get it working.

Just unpacked a new submini - guess what! Can’t connect to a room! Load of crap. Got loads of Sonos gear and never had an issue. 

Just unpacked a new submini - guess what! Can’t connect to a room! Load of crap. Got loads of Sonos gear and never had an issue. 

Yeah not sure why it can't be sorted. 

Good luck troubleshooting.

Yeah not sure why it can't be sorted. 

Good luck troubleshooting.

Clearly an issue here. Not good at all.

Ok, so got the sub mini to connect - should not have to do this but here’s what I did.

Set up is a Ray, with some older Play1’s as surrounds. I removed the surrounds and then add the sub to the Ray which worked. Then brought the Play1’s back as surrounds.

Ok, so got the sub mini to connect - should not have to do this but here’s what I did.

Set up is a Ray, with some older Play1’s as surrounds. I removed the surrounds and then add the sub to the Ray which worked. Then brought the Play1’s back as surrounds.

I did the same thing and it worked except I have a beam 2.

Any update with this?  I am trying to add a sub mini to a network via wifi (copy/pasted the password), but it fails to connect (2.4 GHz, WPA2 personal), via iOS.  When testing via ethernet, it works just fine, but I cannot use ethernet where the device is ultimately going to be setup.

Any update with this?  I am trying to add a sub mini to a network via wifi (copy/pasted the password), but it fails to connect (2.4 GHz, WPA2 personal), via iOS.  When testing via ethernet, it works just fine, but I cannot use ethernet where the device is ultimately going to be setup.

Are you able to connect your soundbar to ethernet?

It’s currently connected to my 2.4 GHz network.  I would have to fish Cat 6 cable through the wall to hard wire it.
Weird thing this morning, I see through my router’s network map, that the sub is connected to my 5 GHz network, even though I set it up for the 2.4 GHz SSID (they have totally unique SSID’s, so its not like they are the same network name).  Not sure why that is.

It’s currently connected to my 2.4 GHz network.  I would have to fish Cat 6 cable through the wall to hard wire it.
Weird thing this morning, I see through my router’s network map, that the sub is connected to my 5 GHz network, even though I set it up for the 2.4 GHz SSID (they have totally unique SSID’s, so its not like they are the same network name).  Not sure why that is.

Yeah, mine showed on the network too despite not being recognised by the app, I think the 2 ways people have got around the issue is connected either the soundbar or sub to ethernet or connect a set of rays first then link to the sub.

I have a similar issue as everyone in this thread (where my Sub Mini wouldn't connect). Mine refuses to connect to my Beam Gen 2. After spending over an hour on the phone with Sonos support it seems that some routers are incompatible with Sonos and cause issues only with the soundbars/home theater products. I asked them to release that list to us but we will see if they do. Its particularly frustrating because I can pair the Sub Mini with a One SL I have in the same room and it works as expected but when I pair it to the Beam 2 it stops working and drops from the system. The only solution is to buy a new router or to run an ethernet cord to one of your devices. No amount of factory reseting / rebooting the devices will fix it. I hope they fix this issue as having to connect a wireless device to ethernet defeats the whole point of a wireless system.

Just hardwired my Beam g2, still unable to get the sub mini to connect, even with the new iOS app just pushed out today (80.03.07).

I have a similar issue as everyone in this thread (where my Sub Mini wouldn't connect). Mine refuses to connect to my Beam Gen 2. After spending over an hour on the phone with Sonos support it seems that some routers are incompatible with Sonos and cause issues only with the soundbars/home theater products. I asked them to release that list to us but we will see if they do. Its particularly frustrating because I can pair the Sub Mini with a One SL I have in the same room and it works as expected but when I pair it to the Beam 2 it stops working and drops from the system. The only solution is to buy a new router or to run an ethernet cord to one of your devices. No amount of factory reseting / rebooting the devices will fix it. I hope they fix this issue as having to connect a wireless device to ethernet defeats the whole point of a wireless system.

Ironically, my mini was connecting just fine to my Asus router until yesterday.  I can see it connected to the network, just their crap app cannot see the sub.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Just hardwired my Beam g2, still unable to get the sub mini to connect, even with the new iOS app just pushed out today (80.03.07).

Are you going into the Beam settings and selecting ‘Connect Sub’? That’s how a sub connects to a Sonos soundbar. Same with surrounds, you need to select Connect Surrounds. That’s the only way the soundbar can set up its own 5ghz wifi that keeps the bar, sub and surrounds in sync. 

Ironically, my mini was connecting just fine to my Asus router until yesterday.  I can see it connected to the network, just their crap app cannot see the sub.

That's what my router is (ASUS), and the agent I spoke to said that it is a known issue with them. It's ridiculous… I had issues with the sub mini connecting when I first purchased it. I preordered it on launch in 2022. They need to focus on fixing their software. 

Are you going into the Beam settings and selecting ‘Connect Sub’? That’s how a sub connects to a Sonos soundbar. Same with surrounds, you need to select Connect Surrounds. That’s the only way the soundbar can set up its own 5ghz wifi that keeps the bar, sub and surrounds in sync. 

Tried that, the app says it cannot find a gen 3 sub on the network to add to the beam.  I do have a gen 3, but its connected to the Arc in the home theater room in the basement.  It’s totally oblivious to the sub mini on the network unless the sub is hardwired.

I spent hours on this… resetting this, forgetting everything in the app, etc. I tried everything. I am functional again now though and wanted to post my solution. 

I have a Beam Gen 1 and Sub Mini. I did the forget option in the app, but I don’t think this was necessary. I also hard reset the Bar and the Sub twice. After doing that the setup was easy of the Beam and the Sub, but I about stroked out when it came up and said the Sub was disconnected again. 

I don’t have Ethernet by the TV, but do by the couch. I thought what the hell… I moved the sub, connected it to Ethernet. Once it was booted up, restarted the iOS app and there it was. No issues for the last hour. 

I don’t think any of my resets and fiddling mattered at all. They’ve broken WiFi somehow. I think I could have just connected to Ethernet and been done. 

for those wondering, my Beam is not Ethernet and is connected via WiFi. 

Had that for awhile but was finally able to get the Sub-Mini to connect, then to the Beam, then the fantastic (but premature) warm/full chime sound. Then it drops.  No clue.  My IT guy is at a loss.  He, as per the Sonos tech’s advice, has the access point set for multicasting, he reserved an IP address for both that I manually gave him from the back of the products, etc.  WPA2 is enabled.  No clue lol.  What a debacle.

I spent hours on this… resetting this, forgetting everything in the app, etc. I tried everything. I am functional again now though and wanted to post my solution. 

I have a Beam Gen 1 and Sub Mini. I did the forget option in the app, but I don’t think this was necessary. I also hard reset the Bar and the Sub twice. After doing that the setup was easy of the Beam and the Sub, but I about stroked out when it came up and said the Sub was disconnected again. 

I don’t have Ethernet by the TV, but do by the couch. I thought what the hell… I moved the sub, connected it to Ethernet. Once it was booted up, restarted the iOS app and there it was. No issues for the last hour. 

I don’t think any of my resets and fiddling mattered at all. They’ve broken WiFi somehow. I think I could have just connected to Ethernet and been done. 

for those wondering, my Beam is not Ethernet and is connected via WiFi. 

This will be my next and final attempt.  I get the Sub-Mini to connect to the network and the Beam but then it drops.  Beam is via Wi-Fi like you and is seen.   Same thing after various factory resets.  My IT guy is at a loss.  He sees the Sub actually but then it shows a disconnect due to inactivity lol.  He has enabled multicasting and we assigned IP addresses to both.  WPA2 is enabled, UPnP, etc.  

Exactly my problem.  Unreal lol.

My sub mini has been working fine for the last year or so, but just today it stopped working and I have been unable to connect it to my network again. I can’t believe this is a known issue for 2 months and Sonos hasn’t fixed this and there are just a bunch of useless sub minis out there. Embarrassing by Sonos

I have wasted hours today before arriving here.  Sonos, you’ve been failing every day for months and you can’t do anytrhing about it?  To me this is an argument for KEF audio.  Sonos has become synonymous with failure

Badge

Same story here. I have mine connected to a pair of Play 1s. All working fine until very recently, now it won’t connect to them. It will connect to my Beam Gen1, just not the speakers I want it to.

Hi, Sonos Sub Mini is suddenly showing blinking red and white led light. I connected with support team they are unable to help. The infinity button for doing factory reset also does not seem to work. Connected to ethernet cable and tried still the same thing.

Any solution please ?